• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 06:09:50 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Cross game tracks

Started by HornetMaX, March 31, 2016, 10:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

@PiBoSo: would it make sense for a single track to work in any of the sims (GPB, WRS, MXB, KRP) ?

I'm under the impression that today we need to duplicate the track and change some minor details (race data) to adapt it to this or that sim specificities.
It's bad as we end up downloading and storing 2 times 140MB, where the two copies are essentially identical.

A smart mechanism could also be put in place so that all the sims take the tracks from the same common folder (or one can hack this with a hard link).

I'm asking as with pitbikes in MXB, SM bikes in GPB etc we see more and more common tracks ...

RiccoChicco

+1 on that.

Having the ability to store tracks in Documents/PiBoSo/tracks or having the ability to set a folder link in the .ini file of the game would make it really easier for anyone having more than 1 PiBoSo's title.

Inside tracks folder, I think the best way is to have the .amb, .map and files which are compatible with every sims and folders such as "GPB", "MXB", "WRS" and "KRP" with racedeta files for example.

From the game reading file side, it checks the folder given in the .ini and display all the tracks having a folder for the game.

doubledragoncc

+10 on that idea, all in one folder, just between MXB and GPB(I dont have WRS or KRP interest) I have doubles of every track and it takes a precious 10GB extra on my HD for it. And always having to update 2 sets of files and not 1 is silly.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Not sure how this could work right now because the MXB and WRS tracks have terrain deformable capabilities that are not integrated into GPB right now.... I for one wouldn't want to see tracks I couldn't use in the drop down list of tracks available.

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

True Hawky, but I started using GPB tracks in MXB for the supermoto and now doing some testing with the GPB bikes to try and figure out what is the WOBBLE all about in GPB, it dont exist in MXB??? I know many factors to consider but why no wobble in MXB???

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 31, 2016, 12:43:45 PM
True Hawky, but I started using GPB tracks in MXB for the supermoto and now doing some testing with the GPB bikes to try and figure out what is the WOBBLE all about in GPB, it dont exist in MXB??? I know many factors to consider but why no wobble in MXB???

DD

I think the suspension/damping/fork rake/length of swingarms/speed/power(how it's applied(throttle control, etc)) and tyre profiles have a lot to do with wobbles and ways of damping them, including steering dampers(as many have suggested in the past. Which I agree with that we need a steering damper setting in the bike setup garage). Lol.  ;D

That's a question that comes to mind: Does this "Magic" formula for the tyres also work out effects of tyres deformation and it's effects on damping and handling and I'd presume have some type of effect on just how much a bike wobbles? If it does then this would be a massive reason to have the tyre deformation simulated and integrated into GPB or even the other projects too?
I'm presuming tyre deformation isn't simulated as yet?

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on March 31, 2016, 12:27:55 PM
Not sure how this could work right now because the MXB and WRS tracks have terrain deformable capabilities that are not integrated into GPB right now....
Trivial: GPB could simply ignore tracks with deformation capabilities (not show them in the drop down).

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on March 31, 2016, 01:05:41 PM
Quote from: Hawk on March 31, 2016, 12:27:55 PM
Not sure how this could work right now because the MXB and WRS tracks have terrain deformable capabilities that are not integrated into GPB right now....
Trivial: GPB could simply ignore tracks with deformation capabilities (not show them in the drop down).

Just the answer I wanted to hear.  ;)

Thanks Max.  ;)

Hawk.