• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 02:16:41 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Constructive feedback about the game and its future direction

Started by rodney007, November 05, 2014, 05:43:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from: Furious on November 09, 2014, 07:41:31 PM
As a part of constructive feedback I want to ask something. Is the moment of inertia calculated based on the weight of individual parts? Cause I couldn't see any corresponding parameter in bike tools.
Is the moment of inertia constant for the bike with specific values set or is it done other way?
To me it seems all the parts are there, with their own inertia.
I even think (if I recall correctly what Piboso said) that the level of fuel in the tank is taken into account in the overall moment of inertia.

What you don't see that should be there ?

MaX.

WALKEN

OK I'll spell it out for you.

If Rodney releases a bike mod that makes everyone in this community feel that it corrected a beta Piboso released where as Piboso's physics are proper but Rodneys are not then this isn't good for the community. 

My statement ("Fastest means nothing as you can manipulate setting in a strange way to achieve faster laps, I have done this for years" )

Again Rodney released a bike to trick the bike to work with Piboso's beta and the physics are wrong but people seems to like them.  So if Rodneys bike allows you to go faster in the current physics it means nothing to be able to give feedback for a proper simulation...  "I have done this for years"- I have tricked many racing games and exploited them due to lack of proper physics for years....

I hope that clears it up?       
Help me, help you!

BOBR6 84

These mods are awesome! Cant get enough of the R1 Its brutal   ;D  8)
Theres more than enough here to keep me busy for while so I guess im happy with beta6c!!
Getting alot more core crashes though which is never good.

Hawk

Piboso said the core programme physics algorithms are now state of the art(I take as meaning they are correct and finished). If this is so then surely the bike physics file can only be set to correct settings to get the bikes handling correctly and therefore a bike being able to go faster? Surely then anything set incorrect should show-up like a saw thumb in slower and more erratic performances as we are seeing now in the stock bike because their physics files are not set-up properly for the core-physics of GPB.

Hawk.

_oDi_

Quote from: Hawk_UK on November 09, 2014, 08:53:37 PM
Piboso said the core programme physics algorithms are now state of the art(I take as meaning they are correct and finished). If this is so then surely the bike physics file can only be set to correct settings to get the bikes handling correctly and therefore a bike being able to go faster? Surely then anything set incorrect should show-up like a saw thumb in slower and more erratic performances as we are seeing now in the stock bike because their physics files are not set-up properly for the core-physics of GPB.

Hawk.

files are set correctly, stock = slower bike  ;)

edit. oh you mean standard bike of gpb, ok :P

Toomes1

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on November 09, 2014, 08:36:02 PM
These mods are awesome! Cant get enough of the R1 Its brutal   ;D  8)
Theres more than enough here to keep me busy for while so I guess im happy with beta6c!!
Getting alot more core crashes though which is never good.

Exactly my thoughts BOBR6 84 but minus the cores mate.

Hawk

Quote from: _oDi_ on November 09, 2014, 09:03:33 PM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on November 09, 2014, 08:53:37 PM

Hawk.

files are set correctly, stock = slower bike  ;)

Then how come Piboso said that the stock bikes physics were not tuned correctly for the finished core physics algorithms of beta 6c and the bike physics file needs tuning to work properly? Or am I and many others here misunderstanding something?
Certainly with the 500 Varase the physics still do seem to be incorrect(a lot of instability in front end and wobble no matter what set-up you use. Not tried the stock 4 strokes.  ;)

Hawk.

PS: Yes we are talking abuot standard stock bikes in this thread.... Well I presumed we were. LOL  ;D

_oDi_

Quote from: Hawk_UK on November 09, 2014, 09:20:33 PM

PS: Yes we are talking abuot standard stock bikes in this thread.... Well I presumed we were. LOL  ;D

hihihi hard follow your words for me ... sorry m8  ;D

BOBR6 84

Been riding in cockpit view.. I have corner anticipation quite high. I noticed the riders head snaps back in line after the corner! Can this be smoothed?

Hawk

Quote from: _oDi_ on November 09, 2014, 09:25:55 PM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on November 09, 2014, 09:20:33 PM

hihihi hard follow your words for me ... sorry m8  ;D

Having now read some of the posts about the newly released STK1000 bikeset I understand the misunderstanding completely, as a lot of descriptions for the STK1000 bikeset are talking about "Stock" bikes; I should have said "default" GPB bikes in my post to avoid any misunderstandings. Anyway, no probs mate. Lol  ;D

Thanks oDi

Hawk.

grimm

Quote from: rodney007 on November 07, 2014, 09:59:20 PM

*snip*

I agree with your ideas and the approach you take. Seems that the community is rather divided by "Realism" (LOL, it's a friggin' game/sim in beta form) and "Immersion" (what you and I desire far more than real numbers that result in crap feeling bikes).

I still ride the KTM and the KX-F more regularly than anything else. The KTM was like a forecast for the future of GP Bikes, anyone that says beta 6c handles any different than beta 5 with the KTM are only looking to argue, the behavior you coaxed out of the KTM is the exact same way all the bikes handle now. Your work around for the bike to feel more real despite the underlying code, or whatever it is that caused the issues in the first place, was something I applaud, even if there is a "hardcore" group of modders that turn their collective nose up at you and spit on your shoes for doing a job they wouldn't even attempt.

I'm not a racer, but I am a rider, speed and lap times are not my idea of a good time on a bike.... so I fall into the category of a "pick up and ride" player on GP Bikes. I enjoy the feel of the bikes and the look and behavior of them on track, if they don't feel real I don't care for them. The new STK1000 pack feels dead and lifeless to me, a few of the WSS600 feel okay but still have what I would consider glaring issues for a player like me to enjoy them all that much, and I'm not a racer, a modder, or anyone that matters so my opinion means zero, hence why I don't say anything at all about the bikes I don't like.  ;)

I still think The Gent, the RC8, and the final version of the KX-F were pretty awesome for someone like me that is casual about gaming and moto simulations. Until someone actually does something about the lack of a proper controller  ::)  not much interests me in "real numbers".

rodney007

Quote from: WALKEN on November 09, 2014, 07:12:15 PM
I am making a point about realism is all.  And perspective in terms of what is real to the individual regardless of settings.

Like someone making a modded bike to overcome wobbles and feels the physics are wrong and in turn feels the mod has overcome this. Then feels they have the authority to test in a small group for future betas  prior to release.

maybe the thought of a group of guys relaying positive constructive feedback back to the developer is not a good idea...

how about we all just make the bikes 9999 HP and get fast laptimes like you?

in all seriousness though... I am wanting the most realistic racing simulator of all time, but maybe its just me and there are too many obstacles in the way such as Game devs and Forum sheriffs.

Quote from: grimm on November 09, 2014, 10:40:08 PM
I agree with your ideas and the approach you take. Seems that the community is rather divided by "Realism" (LOL, it's a friggin' game/sim in beta form) and "Immersion" (what you and I desire far more than real numbers that result in crap feeling bikes).

I still ride the KTM and the KX-F more regularly than anything else. The KTM was like a forecast for the future of GP Bikes, anyone that says beta 6c handles any different than beta 5 with the KTM are only looking to argue, the behavior you coaxed out of the KTM is the exact same way all the bikes handle now. Your work around for the bike to feel more real despite the underlying code, or whatever it is that caused the issues in the first place, was something I applaud, even if there is a "hardcore" group of modders that turn their collective nose up at you and spit on your shoes for doing a job they wouldn't even attempt.

I'm not a racer, but I am a rider, speed and lap times are not my idea of a good time on a bike.... so I fall into the category of a "pick up and ride" player on GP Bikes. I enjoy the feel of the bikes and the look and behavior of them on track, if they don't feel real I don't care for them. The new STK1000 pack feels dead and lifeless to me, a few of the WSS600 feel okay but still have what I would consider glaring issues for a player like me to enjoy them all that much, and I'm not a racer, a modder, or anyone that matters so my opinion means zero, hence why I don't say anything at all about the bikes I don't like.  ;)

I still think The Gent, the RC8, and the final version of the KX-F were pretty awesome for someone like me that is casual about gaming and moto simulations. Until someone actually does something about the lack of a proper controller  ::)  not much interests me in "real numbers".

Cheers dude, i really appreciate it. It was great getting your feedback on all the mods I made because I trusted your senses being a real rider and sim racer like myself. Its unfortunate that alot of these guys here are more concerned about "if real life is a 9, make it a 9 in the game regardless of how it feels". My mentality is "if real life is a 9, but 9 feels like shit in the game, make it 192837192 for all I care until it feels right.

however "feels right" and "on paper it must be right" is the battle we face here. From what I can see there are just too many barriers and mindless knumbskulls in this community to help it go forward, so many walls and so much narrowminded
dictator godlike worshiping of a higher power that anything else is not satisfactory.

Toomes1

I'm sorry to say this but this constructive feedback is turning into a bloody newspaper, can we stop with the novels and keep it down to a changelog you prefer.
Honestly I'm not against opinions but there going nowhere for this beta and I for one think Piboso has done a good job.

yoshimura

rodney007,you can finish the KX-F, for the beta 6 please :D

FastFreddy

every thing related to roodney turns into a "bloodynewspaper".I do not understand what he want,and if he were to join the group of Piboso development (.....he deserve it?his mods are all wrong.....),I think many will leave this simulator!we trust in Piboso not in ""rodney""!