• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

STREAMING TEST RACE TONIGHT | WINNER - TEEDS | COMPLETE

Started by Napalm Nick, May 11, 2016, 01:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on May 11, 2016, 08:55:47 PM
Well done again Groovy!

I had one bad experience near the end lapping Hawky and overcooked it trying to keep clear and out-braked myself and went over the grass and cut a corner - was worried it would then show as a missed lap but it seems not.
Oh! I remember that because I was waiting for you on the main straight, but I misjudged it so I didn't pick-up speed fast enough to sync our speeds going into the corner. Sorry about that mate!  :-\ :)

Quote from: Napalm Nick on May 11, 2016, 08:55:47 PM
The core was really strange - ran over the kerb out of the hairpin/chicane and the game my end just froze solid with the normalization error box. I had to CTRL ALT DEL out . I watched the chat window on DDs stream and saw it showed me Disconnecting (normal for a core) but then later Retiring (I assume when I hit CTRL ALT DEL). Odd. And REALLY annoying as you might imagine. Don't those ODE errors normally happen most when you hit barriers really hard or something?
There maybe small gaps in those kerbs causing that Nick.... I'll note it for checking out for the next update. Thanks for the feedback mate.   ;)  8)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

No worries.

What I am concerned about is yesterday we had a big core problem when there was about 5-6 players on practicing then we started getting cores that finally wouldn't let us join back in. I wondered if it was happening again tonight. Could be a server thing I will have to watch out for it but one to keep in the back of the mind if it occurs here again.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Napalm Nick

Shall we do this Race again on Sunday? Maybe longer?
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

Hi Nick, I found one thing really frustrating and it was the fact that there were too many riders same suit and bike so confusing lol. We need a way to make it possible for riders with no custom skins to have a CLUB skin with differences to make it easy to know who is who. I made SPARE skins for folks to use so maybe if we made like a set of helmet, suit and bike skins for general use that were always on the server for folks to use it might help and make a club rule all need a different skin for all 3. I know it is hard to start with, but if we can get people used to having to have a particular skin in club racing it will be better for the future.

I can see a big future in GPB the way it is going lately and if we really start to try an organize it a bit more it will help for the future. I know many will get upset being TOLD you have to have a different skin from anyone else, but in real life Rossi dont wear Lorenzo's suit even lol.

Things take time, as is GPB, but if we start now, once GPB hits V1 we will be ready for it to really have some fun and in style.

Just kinda saying ya know  8)

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

Yeh that's fine. Even if riders just pick a skin from the massive database of skins that's the easiest way and get them in the skin pack.

The MuzMZ have few skins I think because there was no template, we shall see. Maybe some coloured bike skins can be made up if needed.

Most of us are regulars now so we can probably keep to the same leathers and helmets so we can start to recognise each other easier. No skins go on the server though, they are irrelevant to it. Only (all) the clients need the skins loaded.

I can only see the grumblehounds complaining about this  ;)

doubledragoncc

The MUZ and MZ have templates but not like normal ones and harder to edit. On the other side they may be better to use but I have not tried YET.

Even if it is one colour skins it is better than nothing lol, well not the MUZ or MZ as they have good skins just too few for a lot of riders at the same time. Maybe even just changing the bloody number so there is one for every member lol  ::)

I will figure something out lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

I think that's an excellent idea DD to try and get riders to use the same suit and helmet and bike paint design for every event so that they can be recognised easier, though I know many do that already now compared to what it used to be like, so it is getting better. But it is a big job to create a bike paint for every bike that may be  used in events.  :-\
The only problem is that most cannot create their own personal paints, and I know Matty does a brilliant job and yourself too DD with creating paints for others but we do need more people to come forward to offer and create paints for others that cannot otherwise Matty and yourself won't be able to cope with the need.  :)

But yeah it is a good idea and would help enormously for a commentator and spectators to recognise the individual riders for sure.  ;D

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

I will do some spares of my paints and make some bike packs to give folks a choice. I enjoy seeing guys use my paints like lastnight I saw my old helmet  :o and it felt good to know I did something someone liked. Its all about us ALL so I will help as much as I can.

Paint sets coming soon.............................

LOL

DD

doubledragoncc

May 12, 2016, 11:51:03 AM #53 Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 11:52:51 AM by doubledragoncc
I mean seriously guys, why did everyone pick number 7, really, 5 number 7's one 17  and 2 20's it was really confusing.

The commentary nearly got to be" and here comes no.7 followed by no.7, oh and no.7 is reeling in no.7 as they are catching a back marker no.7, oh no no.7 has gone down, and its a head to head between no.7 and no.7 and no.7 takes 1st place, followed by no.7 in 2nd and yes you guessed it no.20 in 3rd!!!

Seriously what was I supposed to do guys LMFAO

Just bustin ya balls guys, but we do have to do a bit better next race lol

DD

Meyer#12

Well i am happy with anything guys! I normally go with the Nordgren Black, Silver, Yellow bike and my good old Dainese and Crash Test helmet  ;)

Been using the hotpink from DD a bit too though, you better not give that out! That is mine! ;)

And hey, i still haven't signed any team here, DD? Hawk? :P
Meyer#12

doubledragoncc

Hot pink is reserved for you Meyer  and comes with name and number lol.

I will do full sets in various secondary colors as spares for folks to use. I should be able to do 10-20 different versions of each quite quickly.

I need riders as I have to sit in a box too now!!! At least I get locked in a box with beer n cigs lol.

DD

h106frp

Quote from: doubledragoncc on May 12, 2016, 11:51:03 AM
I mean seriously guys, why did everyone pick number 7, really, 5 number 7's one 17  and 2 20's it was really confusing.

The commentary nearly got to be" and here comes no.7 followed by no.7, oh and no.7 is reeling in no.7 as they are catching a back marker no.7, oh no no.7 has gone down, and its a head to head between no.7 and no.7 and no.7 takes 1st place, followed by no.7 in 2nd and yes you guessed it no.20 in 3rd!!!

DD

I wonder if PB could add the numberboard texture similar to MXB to allow actual rider number to be added dynamically to the paint

BOBR6 84

+1 that would be cool for dim whits like me..

I used the Eddie Lawson #7 cagiva paint for the race.. Its sweet who made it?

Napalm Nick

Quote from: doubledragoncc on May 12, 2016, 11:51:03 AM

DD

Hahahaha!  Yes no.7 is the default MuZ paint model lol. And Hawkster is Mr Sheene to add another.

Hawk

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on May 12, 2016, 01:33:29 PM
+1 that would be cool for dim whits like me..

I used the Eddie Lawson #7 cagiva paint for the race.. Its sweet who made it?

Didn't PeterV create that paint Bob?

There wasn't an event paints pack for this test event so I couldn't see some guys paints(including yours bob, could see your suit and helmet but not the bike paint) except for the regular club paints that are already in the main club events skin packs.

Hawk.
PS: Indeed.... #7 does seem to be getting banded around a lot lately. Must be a lot of dedicated BS fans out there. Hehe  ;D