• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

GPBOC Live Streming and New Servers

Started by doubledragoncc, May 12, 2016, 09:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

Quote from: Napalm Nick on May 29, 2016, 10:27:08 PM
Hahahaa man I wish I had had a phone that was youtube video capable with me tonight too. Maybe I could of enjoyed my first race off for a while glancing at that now and again, rather than reading snidey forum comments.

I did not get a chance to post my reply in the thread as you closed it while I was typing lol. I will have MY say in the morning over a nice cuppa.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

BOBR6 84

Quote from: doubledragoncc on May 29, 2016, 10:20:46 PM
I know where those corners are but sometimes it is hard to figure where the scene is coming from different cams or being in a different view.

I am new at this. Thats my excuse and I am sticking with it lol.

Thanks anyways BOBPPPPPPPPPPPP

Shame I didnt get to see more of you in the race bro. Had a few Black Adder voices to throw into the comments lol

DD

I didn't race DD, i pulled out, joined for practice but suffered some weird shit with my bike.. No grip at all, checked everything was all good. it seemed to be, thought the track/weather settings may have changed but nope.. i don't know what to say! that on top of connection lag i just lost enthusiasm for it tonight..

will take some time out from playing and try to learn how to paint bikes for a while. i will enjoy doing that but i found it hard last time (sorry matty) don't know much about different files and where to put stuff  :-[ nevermind photoshop or gimp as i tried to use last time.

Warlock

Quote from: nuovaic on May 29, 2016, 10:23:39 PM
Well I really enjoyed that Live DD!
Was nice you following Kerazo and Thomaso. I was in pub on WiFi on phone watching, wife was talking, I was nodding, muttering come on Kerazo! She figured out I wasn't listening to her in the end and I missed a lot of the rest, but what I did see was ace Man! Good job.

hahahaa, thats fun m8  ;D

Good job DD, that already looked like a race, wish you could have the necesary tools to really follow whats happening, but nice job anyway, thx.

Quote from: matty0l215 on May 29, 2016, 10:02:37 PM
I love your reaction at the 5 min mark :D :o

hahaahah indeed !   ;D 

nuovaic

I nearly didn't watch it at all last night,  couldn't find a link to the youtube channel on me phone. Eventually used the forum search, then searched through the threads while wifey was powdering her nose....Can you make the link a bit more accessible ? At least a link in the first post of this thread. It might get more people watching then.

Quality on phone was brilliant! The design around the video window looks cool, colourfull and professional. I had no trouble hearing you, sound was a good mix of bikes and commentator. At least until something went wrong and everything you said echo'd.
I can imagine who hard it is. I can see now that looking at one rider in 3rd or 4th will give you no info on the current leader, who's crashed, who's passed who etc. It's just a focus on one rider at a time. The main bit missing for me was rider positions. I just wanted a constant update on everyone's position, but I see now that would be impossible. When looking at a particular rider you can see his position in the info above, with best lap, current lap etc. Great info if you can see that, but I couldn't make it out on my phone.

Sound must have been realistic anyway, when the wife caught me she asked if I was watching motoGP. I said er, well, yes! And I was.

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

THanks for the kind words guys, after reading comments that it was "Boring" it helps.

I have a feeling it could be my Corsair Raptor headphones, lose wire? not sure so will be looking into it as not the first time it happened.

I will make a BIG link on first page Nuo thanks for pointing that out and giving me a good report on how it looks and sounds on a phone live, cool report thanks bro.

I am just waking up and after reading all the SHIT being said am wondering what I should say, as I do need to say something if I am going to be running races too.

Nick I hope you had a great drink buddy, you deserve a break m8.

Matty..........There is an olde wise English saying "FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!" it is a bit like "WOOSAAA" but has a quicker healing to your soul and takes away some of the tension you feel. Maybe you should try this approach instead of being such a nice chappy. I find it very soothing.

O Kay my coffee cup is calling me, laterz gaterz

DD

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on May 29, 2016, 09:55:42 PM
Ok, so I did not get to comment on the race as it is closed bummer.

Hawk, all videos are 1080p 30fps bro!!! Best watched on YT

https://www.youtube.com/v/K_MX4ntFIbU&t=4m54s

I am bushed so will say what I have to say about server rules in the morning.

Congrats to Tommaso, Kerazo and Meyer btw, did not get a chance to post it in the race thread.

DD

Well BUGGER ME! Lol  ;D
Does it take time for Youtube to convert it to 1080p then? I watched it again soon after your live broadcast and it would only allow 360 res.

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

@Hawk, yes it takes quite a time for YouTube to convert it even though it was a live stream. It depends on the length of the stream, just like uploading a video.

If you watch it live, it will be 1080p or anything you chose under that for your bandwidth.

This is why I need to get the Elgato as it help to make the process of streaming quicker via how it can compress the data to stream making it quicker in some technical wiz way and make the quality better to boot.

I need to make a video so I can explain a few things about what I need YOU guys to do to make the streams better. It is all about having the info to talk about and knowing who the hell who is lol.

More coming your way soon

DD

doubledragoncc

Just watched the stream recording to check out a few things and I figured that the mic echo from the start is because I am now actually facing a wall. Before I was in the middle of the room. I just had new windows fitted in the "Commentary Box" after waiting a year for the stupid landlord to get them fixed!!! No heating in UK is no fun lol.

I will need to play about a bit more as it was fine in testing, but during the race it sucked.

Still trying to figure this audio problem where it just goes to poo for no reason after some time in GPB. If I turn off GPB all other audio is fine. Maybe another new GPB bug on not. I need to find it quick lol

DD

doubledragoncc

Ello ello

So.............................back in testing mode

I have been forking about with Windows and OBS and think this is about right for volumes. Please tell me what you think, YOU are the ones watching and this is to get others into buying and riding in GPB.

I found that my mic was the issue(I am 99% sure lol) the problem may have been the hub it was plugged into, not really sure.

On the point of audio, GPB is over sensitive and will stop having any sound if anything happens outside of the sim. IE If I quickly unplug and then plug in my headphones it screws the sound totally, or make a swap from output device and it again loses any sound. I dont get this with any other games/sims? Any ideas?

So here is a quick test on volumes, I NEED your input please guys.

https://www.youtube.com/v/VYxtDTJWTeI

I did this in windowed mode, I do think it lost some quality, once again, need you feedback on this. Windowed mode makes it easier for me to use and control other programs without interrupting the stream when GPB closes the fullscreen down if I click on another screen.

Eventually I will get a proper mic and separate, smaller headphones to improve quality of sound.

Still in the early stages but we are getting there.

Thanks to all that give me feedback. This is for you guys and the future of GPB!!!

BOBR6 84

your voice vs bike volume seems fine to me.. can here some bass interference in my headphones but its quiet.. can't tell the difference between normal and windowed, all looks good to me! not as many bouncy bikes this time either  ;)

Napalm Nick

May 30, 2016, 12:58:05 PM #146 Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 01:00:11 PM by Napalm Nick
Just watched on my Motorola Android tablet wireless in the garden in both windowed and full screen and it was perfect. Audio was clear, it didn't drown you out when onboard and it looked great. I assume using a replay file makes the smoothness even better.

I will have to compare your windowed mode against your full screen mode when back at the Uber PC

Maybe it is because of your new windows. They are 'Microsoft Windows' I assume?
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

nuovaic

Lol Nick!

I just played that on tablet, looked perfect to me. Same as last night on the phone.
Frame rate good,  bikes clear. Sound balance is good, but as you say, when looking frm wheels it tends to drown you out. So to be safe, I would turn the bike volume down 10%. Its more important to hear you than the bikes!

doubledragoncc

Thanks guys.

Lol Nuo, thats the first time someone said they want to hear me over a bike hehe.

Still testing. Cant get rid of 15 sec delay from live to youboob its the same for the rest of the world I think lol.

DD

Warlock

DD you can put the link to your live channel in your forum profile, signature  :)

And indeed the quality is awesome in a smartphone.  ;)