• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 12:14:47 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Assen GP500 Wet Race

Started by doubledragoncc, July 26, 2016, 04:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tchemi

doubledragoncc

Have a try on the Road bikes tchemi, the track is new and great to ride.

You need the ZXR250, 916 A5, 955 A4 and NR750 to join the servers for road bikes btw

And its dry lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

matty0l215

You may want to try so practice race starts. Go on an empty server and in the menu you can chose to go to a race.

Select that and then it will simulate a race start and you can do that as many times as you like to get used to the start procedure. :)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

doubledragoncc

Good idea matty

Should be an option for single player to do offline too

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

HornetMaX

Quote from: matty0l215 on July 28, 2016, 11:05:33 AM
You may want to try so practice race starts. Go on an empty server and in the menu you can chose to go to a race.

Select that and then it will simulate a race start and you can do that as many times as you like to get used to the start procedure. :)
You can also do the same offline (quick race) or hosting a local server, no real need to go online.

doubledragoncc

True, I had a brain fart lol. But was thinking of the disqualification point, if you actually jump start what happens?

Just not tested it to see the actual procedure GPB uses.

DD

tchemi

I already red the posts about jump starts and I already made some online races with clean starts.
That's why I was surprised yesterday.

HornetMaX

Quote from: doubledragoncc on July 28, 2016, 11:18:03 AM
True, I had a brain fart lol. But was thinking of the disqualification point, if you actually jump start what happens?
If I recall correctly, jump start = pass-through pit penalty

But if you cross the start/finish line before the green light you are immediately DSQ.

matty0l215

For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Boerenlater

Quote from: Hawk on July 27, 2016, 09:29:33 PM
Quote from: doubledragoncc on July 27, 2016, 09:05:08 PM
Good question Hawky.............................

Firstly I put up a server for 500's to see about your paint.

Need to think about whats new like the Dukes or something

DD

How about Nordschleife Wet lol

Now you are asking for trouble. Lol

I'm easy really, but what about Silverstone, but have it so it's not raining all the time so the track risks creating a dry line towards the end of the race..... Now that could be interesting for strategy! Hehe.  ;D

But as I say, I'm easy whatever track you or someone else want to use.  ;) 8)

Hawk.
I agree with you, a drying Silverstone.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Hawk

Quote from: tchemi on July 28, 2016, 11:27:24 AM
I already red the posts about jump starts and I already made some online races with clean starts.
That's why I was surprised yesterday.

Sometimes it only takes a very slight little movement of the bike during the start countdown procedure to give you a "Jump Start" or other penalty, even disqualification.

My advice(this is what I always do) would be to put your bike into 1st gear before the race start countdown(10 secs) and stay absolutely still, then the lights show; still stay absolutely still till the green lights show, and don't try and be a sharp shoot starter... always give yourself a split second delay after the lights turn green to be safe.  ;)

Don't worry, with a little practice and experience you'll get the hang of it and get a feel for it's quirks and exactly how it works, for sure. We've all been through this stage, so we all know how you feel.  ;)

@Max: Not always the case. This is what's confusing about it, in that sometimes you only get a pit-lane ride-through penalty for jump start(not crossing the line but just moving in some way during start procedure)yet other times you get a jump start penalty or disqualification and kicked out of the race.  :-\

Hawk

doubledragoncc

Even when you get the ride through it is impossible to know as it is only shown in the chat bar at the top of the screen and who looks there when trying to ride FFS.

Piboso needs to add a pit board big enough to bee seen plainly that appears to warn you of the ride through until you actually do it!!! Its that simple. The chat bar warning sucks balls. The jump starts suck bigger balls!!!

Borenlaters start last nite was brilliant.

DD

doubledragoncc

I saw you tried to come on and reset the server to make sure it was correct bikes so not sure what is going on.

I will check again for you Blacky

DD

Blackheart

Quote from: doubledragoncc on July 28, 2016, 11:58:27 AM
I saw you tried to come on and reset the server to make sure it was correct bikes so not sure what is going on.

I will check again for you Blacky

DD

Sorry I deleted the post above, because i dont have the ZXR250... the database It is not updated.

doubledragoncc