• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 05:47:05 AM

Supermotard?

Started by Mikaa_34, January 31, 2014, 06:08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamoZ

Quote from: GhostdogNL on April 24, 2014, 01:09:31 AM

hope to see that going away in the next update .

That`s exactly what we said 2 years ago!  ;D

Okok, seriously...i`ll stop.. ::)

C21

QuoteI don't know if you ever modded but it's not something we do in 5 minutes. If you absolutely want a SM mod now, you're free to make it  :)
+1

@ghostdogNL
no offence against you ghost but at this time it does not make any sense to get a Supermotard in GPB.
a) besides the Scooter tracks we don´t have any SM track in GPB and i don´t think that this will change in the next time.
b) i can only speak for myself: right now it is not possible with the GPB physic engine to simulate the Supermotard correctly. (I can say it now) Tried this 2 month ago and postponed a Supermotard mod because it did not make any fun....maybe someone tries again with beta 5.....
Personally i think that MXB will be the better platform for a descent Supermotrad mod, sorry to say  ;)
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

ChrisK

guys.....
supermoto on mxb no on gp bikes.

for gb bikes u can mod this

PiBoSo

Supermotard is better suited to GPB.
Because of the race format and because of the full asphalt support.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

HornetMaX

I guess that's where part of the problem is: for some "supermotard" implies a track that is part asphalt part dirt, for others it's asphalt only.

For asphalt only (which is my interpretation of supermotard) GPB could be better, still it will loks weird to have the current rider animations on SM bikes.

MaX.

PiBoSo

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 25, 2014, 09:13:50 PM
I guess that's where part of the problem is: for some "supermotard" implies a track that is part asphalt part dirt, for others it's asphalt only.

For asphalt only (which is my interpretation of supermotard) GPB could be better, still it will loks weird to have the current rider animations on SM bikes.

MaX.

GPB already supports multiple rider animations ;)
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Alby46

Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

ChrisK

April 25, 2014, 09:50:42 PM #97 Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 09:54:19 PM by ChrisK
hmm how can u ride on dirt in gpb? atm u cant ride a curb or grass?!

supermoto is not asphalt only, its a mix of motocross, asphalt racing and flattrack

asphalt 70 bis 80 %,  Offroad 20 bis 30 %

but if piboso say gpb is better for that...he need to know it  ;D

supermotard racing was made for the challenge "who is the best rider, a mx rider a ashpalt rider or a flatrack rider"

HornetMaX

Quote from: ChrisK on April 25, 2014, 09:50:42 PM
hmm how can u ride on dirt in gpb? atm u cant ride a curb or grass?!
You can't.

Quote from: ChrisK on April 25, 2014, 09:50:42 PM
supermoto is not asphalt only, its a mix of motocross, asphalt racing and flattrack

asphalt 70 bis 80 %,  Offroad 20 bis 30 %
You ride on dirt/offroad with the slick tires of the pic above ?

MaX.

KLJ#14

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 25, 2014, 09:54:24 PM
You ride on dirt/offroad with the slick tires of the pic above ?

MaX.

Yes that's pretty much the whole point of Supermoto racing.

Official rules say that the track must consist of 70-80% asphalt and 20-30% dirt

https://www.youtube.com/v/0Nt84HkPdFA

The bike above is most likely used in a supermono class though. They only ride on asphalt.

ChrisK

yep thats why i said for gpb the bike above is good.

QuoteYou ride on dirt/offroad with the slick tires of the pic above ?

MaX.

ya i see a lot of people train with slicks on mx tracks

HornetMaX

Quote from: KLJ#14 on April 26, 2014, 09:01:02 AM
The bike above is most likely used in a supermono class though. They only ride on asphalt.

Makes sense, in your video tires are not slick though.

So back to square zero: do we want a mod with dirt or not ?
In any case, using MXB or or GPB, at the moment it seems a bit hard to get something realistic.

MaX.

Arvoss

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 26, 2014, 09:37:24 AM
Quote from: KLJ#14 on April 26, 2014, 09:01:02 AM

In any case, using MXB or or GPB, at the moment it seems a bit hard to get something realistic.

MaX.

I would make a track on GPB with asphalt but with dirt textures. The grip will be the same on asphalt and dirt but the track will look like a real supermoto track. Once PiBoSo has a supermoto mod we can have real dirt ;)

ChrisK

for gpb i still think a supermono is better.

for supermotard....idk

if mxb is released maybe we can use the mxb rider for gpb?

KLJ#14

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 26, 2014, 09:37:24 AM

MaX.

Well it's a mix really. Some prefer to cut small diagonal groves on the back wheel to get a paddle effect on the dirt but a lot of riders don't cut the rear at all.
Mostly the front is left slick. the compound on supermoto tires is very soft so even though there's no tread pattern they still grip pretty good on the dirt.

Anyway. GPB or MXB for a supermoto sim? I'd say for now we should go with GPB and just use the kart tracks that we use for the scooters. Those are a better scale for a Supermoto anyway.
And would still be a great deal of fun.

Once MXB get to a certain point in development. Maybe then Piboso could figure out a way to link the two together to get a well working supermoto mod. But for the time being. I'd have no problem running a supermoto "mod" around on the kart tracks we already have avalible for the game.