• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:32:21 PM

MaxHUD plugin

Started by HornetMaX, September 26, 2013, 04:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vini

Vini

This really makes a huge difference for me on the big bikes. It is much easier to keep corner exits clean and controlled now while remaining at the limit.

javiliyors

Is there any way to remove the rumble letters from the new update? Thanks for the work!

HornetMaX

Quote from: javiliyors on October 01, 2021, 04:40:45 PMIs there any way to remove the rumble letters from the new update? Thanks for the work!
What do you mean exactly ?

javiliyors

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 01, 2021, 07:36:38 PM
Quote from: javiliyors on October 01, 2021, 04:40:45 PMIs there any way to remove the rumble letters from the new update? Thanks for the work!
What do you mean exactly ?

This

HornetMaX

Oups that was unintentional, it was for debug only  :-[

I've uploaded a v2.2.4b, just re-download it.

javiliyors

Vini

Quote from: Vini on September 28, 2021, 11:17:44 AMOnly thing is that the braking phase now feels a bit "empty" relatively speaking.

Switching to a "front underrun" mode when front brake is applied would be the icing on the cake I think.

Can you include something like this in the next version?

HornetMaX

Quote from: Vini on October 15, 2021, 05:11:45 PMCan you include something like this in the next version?
Not sure. Nobody except you seemed to care about the slide/rumble thing.

Saemon No Jyo

Hello.

The new rumble is very nice.  :D
It's a lot of fun to run, knowing when and where the rear wheels will slip.

It's also useful on MX Bikes, where cornering that previously only passed is now more aggressive and sensual.

With the new rumble, GP Bikes and MX Bikes have reached a new level.

I have two requests.

・ Please enable the screen display that was in v2.2.4 to be turned on and off. Because it is useful for setting.

・ I want to know that the rear wheels are slipping due to the engine brake, so I want to set it so that it vibrates even in the negative direction.

This is my setting. I'm using an xbox one controller.
GP Bikes

MX Bikes

I'm sorry in strange English. Thank you for your wonderful work.  :)

Vini

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 17, 2021, 09:08:24 PM
Quote from: Vini on October 15, 2021, 05:11:45 PMCan you include something like this in the next version?
Not sure. Nobody except you seemed to care about the slide/rumble thing.
Is absolutely not true but nobody uses the forum these days. Should check Discord from time to time...

Vini

October 18, 2021, 09:10:01 AM #971 Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 10:22:26 AM by Vini
Seems to make the most sense then to switch to either front or rear underrun mode (user-selectable) whenever there is 0% throttle.

Edit: Or even better, make the throttle-% where the mode switches adjustable. That way you still get feedback over the front when rolling around the apex at max lean and only partial throttle.

Chris_Beeves

There are absolutely more people very excited over the new slip rumble! Excellent work Max!
I had to try..

HornetMaX

Quote from: Vini on October 18, 2021, 08:28:43 AMIs absolutely not true but nobody uses the forum these days. Should check Discord from time to time...
Not a big discord fan here and I definitely do not have time to check discord too. But OK, I get there are more players interested in this than I see here.

Now for underrun (i.e. rumble when braking / engine braking) and/or combining front and rear, the problem I have is that to do that I would need a sh!tload of parameters/settings: right now I have 4 for CoG rumble and 4 for rear overrun. Rear underrun will need 4 more, front underrun 4 more. Bit of a jungle ... not sure it's possible to find say 3 settings (e.g. low/mid/high) that work well overall (across bikes, dry & wet, ...). Some thinking is needed, maybe I'll just hide some advanced parameters in the .ini file and keep the on-screen parameters simple.

Quote from: Saemon No Jyo on October 18, 2021, 06:06:50 AMIt's also useful on MX Bikes, where cornering that previously only passed is now more aggressive and sensual.
Oh, that's very surprising.

Quote from: Saemon No Jyo on October 18, 2021, 06:06:50 AM・ Please enable the screen display that was in v2.2.4 to be turned on and off. Because it is useful for setting.
In principle I'm against that, that's not info you have while riding (at least, not directly in numbers).
I'm pondering only having this in testing sessions (i.e. not in practice/quali/warmup/race etc.).
I should probably do that for other widgets too (e.g. HUDLean, for the same reasons).

Vini

October 18, 2021, 10:25:12 PM #974 Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 10:21:06 AM by Vini
Quote from: HornetMaX on October 18, 2021, 08:12:18 PMNow for underrun (i.e. rumble when braking / engine braking) and/or combining front and rear, the problem I have is that to do that I would need a sh!tload of parameters/settings: right now I have 4 for CoG rumble and 4 for rear overrun. Rear underrun will need 4 more, front underrun 4 more. Bit of a jungle ... not sure it's possible to find say 3 settings (e.g. low/mid/high) that work well overall (across bikes, dry & wet, ...). Some thinking is needed, maybe I'll just hide some advanced parameters in the .ini file and keep the on-screen parameters simple.
The current 4 parameter system is perfect for adjustment. If you have to outsource the settings to an INI file I see no problem, as long as the plugin can update without having to restart the whole game each time you want to change a setting.

I think there is much more potential here than we are currently utilizing, it will just require switching to the right rumble mode at the right time.
I know this sounds really messy but bear with me for a moment...

I propose you keep the current system with four parameters per mode and introduce the two new modes (front and rear underrun) alongside a "master parameter" that determines which mode becomes active depending on throttle/brake position.
This master parameter would be a list of threshold values that split the combined throttle/brake axis into multiple ranges, each one capable of triggering a different mode.

So the INI could look like this
MasterSplit:=0,40,50,70,100 (100% brake, 20% brake, 0% throttle, 40% throttle, 100% throttle)
MasterMode:=Funder,Runder,Funder,Rover
(Followed by the usual 4 settings per mode)
This way you can set it up in a way that always provides the most relevant feedback by switching to the tyre that is most likely to be at the limit in each phase of the corner (braking -> front, turn-in/release -> rear/EB, rolling/apex -> front, exit -> rear).

This approach of "max adjustability" leaves the tedious finetuning work to the user and you don't have to worry about optimizing the UI for some arbitrary compromise between simplicity and functionality.