• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 08:08:35 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Framerate problems

Started by rc211v, November 13, 2014, 03:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rc211v

I'm having occassional framerate dips that I didn't have in the previous versions. The game can drop to ~40 fps for like 2 seconds and then go back to 60. This also happens during testing offline and it really messes up control when I'm cornerning.

The thing that really bugs me is the framerate dips in replay mode which isn't just occassional but frequent. This is especially a problem with the trackside camera and it's hard to get a constant 60 fps.

I have a gtx 670 and an AMD 8350 so my rig should easily handle this game. I used to be able to run it perfectly at 1440p but now there's even a problem at 1080p. Am I the only one?

Abigor

no....you are not the only one  :D

Hawk

If you run tracks with "Dynamic Track Surface", this will drop frame rates; in my opinion the "Dynamic Track Surface" module seriously needs optimising.

Try running the _NDS(No Dynamic Track Surface) versions of tracks and you will notice a considerable increase in frame rates.  ;)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk_UK on November 13, 2014, 04:21:26 PM
If you run tracks with "Dynamic Track Surface", this will drop frame rates; in my opinion the "Dynamic Track Surface" module seriously needs optimising.
Really ? Never noticed that in past betas.

With beta6 I've seen immediately some strange fps drops, even on victoria.

Has anything changed that could explain that ? We had DynSurf in all past betas and I never noticed any issue with fps ...

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on November 13, 2014, 08:15:40 PM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on November 13, 2014, 04:21:26 PM
Really ? Never noticed that in past betas.

With beta6 I've seen immediately some strange fps drops, even on victoria.

Has anything changed that could explain that ? We had DynSurf in all past betas and I never noticed any issue with fps ...

MaX.

Hi Max.

Ever since Peter first started testing tracks online "without the dynamic surface" I noticed straight away the increase in frame rates and the rendering runs a lot smoother because of it too.

I'm running an AMD based system, so whether Intel users see such a difference I don't know? I know intel CPU's are more efficient in some areas of operation than AMD CPU's, but again, whether it would be a really noticeable difference I do not know? Maybe this is something that pin-points those differences?

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Unlikely Intel vs AMD makes a difference here.

Online, DS may be heavier as the server has to communicate to all the clients the status of the track surface, but I don't really see this affecting the framerate.
Potentially, DS will have to display more stuff (textures ?) to "cover" the track with the rubber, but again, it sounds weird that his can be responsible of fps drops.

At any rate, Victoria of beta6 has a lot less fps than Victoria of beta5 (at least for me): as I think both are with DS, the problem (if there's a problem) may be elsewhere.

Would be nice to know if anything has changed between beta5 and 6 that could explain that.

MaX.

BOBR6 84

I get less fps on victoria now too! I thought its because there is more grass lol and cars in the backround, general visual improvements..

I turned 3d grass off and its fine now..

Using a gtx 460 on AMD..

finpower

I would like to get the FPS problem out once more.
From how much FPS talk here?
I had to realize with fright, these are my FPS 180-200.
what's going wrong?
I bought a new PC me 3 months ago.
might know who, where the problem lies.

Greeting fin

Windows 8.1
Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-4770CPU@3.40GHz 3:40 16.0 GB
ASUS GTX 760 DirectCU-DC2OC-2GD5 IIGeForse GTX760,2GB
Whoever finds google translator errors, can keep them
Intel Core i7 4770 CPU 3.40 GHz 64 Bit Windows 10
Nvidia GeForse GTX 760

Hawk

Quote from: finpower on February 07, 2015, 09:48:15 AM
I would like to get the FPS problem out once more.
From how much FPS talk here?
I had to realize with fright, these are my FPS 180-200.
what's going wrong?
I bought a new PC me 3 months ago.
might know who, where the problem lies.

Greeting fin

Windows 8.1
Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-4770CPU@3.40GHz 3:40 16.0 GB
ASUS GTX 760 DirectCU-DC2OC-2GD5 IIGeForse GTX760,2GB

Wow! I would love your frame rates(mine are at 10 - 33 FPS depending on what track and how many riders on circuit) .... Even better I would love your system too! Lol  ;D

Hawk.

finpower

Thank you for your answer Hawk.
I've got something wrong .I have believed that high Framrate is poor and lower better.
Now I am again become a little smarter.
greeting fin

(sorry for my Google English)
Whoever finds google translator errors, can keep them
Intel Core i7 4770 CPU 3.40 GHz 64 Bit Windows 10
Nvidia GeForse GTX 760

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk_UK on February 07, 2015, 11:01:08 AM
Wow! I would love your frame rates(mine are at 10 - 33 FPS depending on what track and how many riders on circuit)
Ouch. How in hell do you manage to play at 10-30 FPS ?!?!?!

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on February 07, 2015, 12:11:36 PM
Wow! I would love your frame rates(mine are at 10 - 33 FPS depending on what track and how many riders on circuit)

MaX.

Lol! With great difficulty when there is a full race grid of riders on a few of the more detailed circuits like Jerez, Suzuka, and for some reason Misano; they are all a virtual non-starter for me as was demonstrated in the last STK1000 champ race at Jerez.... All I could do in the end was to coast around until the end of the race(I didn't want to bail-out as that can cause others to core.exe).

Most other circuits are fine... Maybe not as smooth a frame rate as I'd like, but are very rideable even with a full race grid, but I must admit it is harder to see your braking and peel off points when the frame rate is low as well as being difficult to race very close to others.

Can't wait to get an upgrade: I'm only looking to upgrade my motherboard, memory(hopefully 32GB) and CPU(hopefully an i7); I will probably also get an SSD too. Any suggestions as to the best but not too expensive hardware and the best place to buy it? Probably around £700 budget mark.

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

February 07, 2015, 05:43:58 PM #12 Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 05:46:15 PM by doubledragoncc
What graphics card you going for Hawk, its better to spend a few pennies more for good driver support so I stick with ASUS but EVGA and MSI are damn good too. The GTX series is releasing new cards all the time and the best thing is to watch pro youtube reviews like PCDIY, JayZTwoCents and here in London the very gorgeous TastyPCTV. Watch for clock speeds, cooling, power consumption and connection. GTX 7 series is a strong card but about to be dropped for the 9 series as 8's are mobile only systems. To keep with the software of tomorrow remember most are going for a basic 1080p with 60FPS so dont waste money on an average card as it wont hold up in 6 months lol.

Stay clear of cheap knock off cards that offer big memory but cock times and overheating are a big issue.

Have fun building buddy

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

h106frp

Quote from: Hawk_UK on February 07, 2015, 05:30:13 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on February 07, 2015, 12:11:36 PM

MaX.

Lol! With great difficulty when there is a full race grid of riders on a few of the more detailed circuits like Jerez, Suzuka, and for some reason Misano; they are all a virtual non-starter for me as was demonstrated in the last STK1000 champ race at Jerez.... All I could do in the end was to coast around until the end of the race(I didn't want to bail-out as that can cause others to core.exe).

Most other circuits are fine... Maybe not as smooth a frame rate as I'd like, but are very rideable even with a full race grid, but I must admit it is harder to see your braking and peel off points when the frame rate is low as well as being difficult to race very close to others.

Can't wait to get an upgrade: I'm only looking to upgrade my motherboard, memory(hopefully 32GB) and CPU(hopefully an i7); I will probably also get an SSD too. Any suggestions as to the best but not too expensive hardware and the best place to buy it? Probably around £700 budget mark.

Hawk.
Used overclockers for my last build, no complaints :)

doubledragoncc

Overclockers seem about one of the best in the UK, shame we dont have Tiger Direct or Newegg here.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.