• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 05:36:19 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Question: Italian MOD Team Database II

Started by Hawk, March 15, 2017, 09:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matty0l215

Quote from: Blackheart on March 15, 2017, 11:16:36 PM
OMG the IMT team born a month ago is a bad thing for GP Bikes!

Better to take a break from this shit  ;)

We're not saying that. Not at all

More content is better for the game as a whole. And now you have said your piece I am fine with you not having your bikes in the BikeMOD.

Again, You can do whatever you want with your bikes. I just want an easy method of updating bikes
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

JamoZ

Quote from: matty0l215 on March 15, 2017, 11:10:25 PM
The BikeMOD or the fracturing of it?

Both i think. The core idea of the bikemod isn`t bad, i think it`s just not the way mods should be handled for a game.  Take a look at Racedepartment`s mods section and you`ll see what i mean.
There are seperate threads sort of speak (like i asked to create back then on these forums too) for every mod, with updates, pictures, video`s and comments from the author and users and you even get alerts when new content for a mod is available.

Sometimes i take a look at that list to help me decide if i should purchase a certain game. If in my case i would be a new potential customer for GP bikes that would like to know what mods were available and where, it would be a pain in the ass with these forums and methods.

Long story short ; It can and should be alot clearer for everyone...

As you said Matty, life is getting in the way lately for me aswell, but i know some people on this forum don`t do alot during the day :P
Maybe something like this could be set up fairly quickly?

http://rgnnr8.wixsite.com/modbase

I`ve used WIX in the past to create websites and it`s fairly easy to use if someone had the time to actually go do it...

matty0l215

I'll add it to "The List" :P

Thanks JamoZ :)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

davidboda46

I have no problem with people wanting control over their intellectual property (as a journalist I know a thing or two about that), but as others mentioned, the bike mod database is a big help knowing which bikes can be used on the servers. We are a community and hopefully we all want what is best for GP Bikes, and a lot of people are spending a lot of their own time, and have been for ages, trying to help the community. If you want to be a part of that, good, if not, create as many bikes as you want and play with them offline. We have enough online connectivity and stability issues as it is, don't need to pour more fuel on that particular fire. Those are my 2 cents...

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Urban Chaos 2.0

Italian Mod Team's database is just that: Another database. Its creation is not tantamount to posting mods everywhere. So really there's no harm. My initial concern about it was that is facilitated a paradigm shift into one of mild division. Seems I was right, but it seems also, that's all.

Hawk

Quote from: Urban Chaos 2.0 on March 16, 2017, 06:44:11 AM
Italian Mod Team's database is just that: Another database. Its creation is not tantamount to posting mods everywhere. So really there's no harm. My initial concern about it was that is facilitated a paradigm shift into one of mild division. Seems I was right, but it seems also, that's all.

On one hand you seem to know and understand the importance of the Bikemod Database and it's prime and very important operation in the communities ability to have a place to update all the bikemods from one place instead of having to search around for other updates before they can connect to online servers, yet on your other hand you seem to be saying it's fine for a mod team to refuse to allow the listing of their bikemods in the established Bikemod Database. Something of a contradiction there don't you think UC?

So I'd ask not only yourself UC, but in fact I ask everyone here in this community: Which one are you for? A single place(namely the Bikemod Database) where riders in the community can come to make sure they are up to date with the bikemods so they can connect to the online servers easily without issues, or, the mod teams(namely one in this case being the IMT) refusing to co-operate with the established Bikemod Database and splitting off and doing their own database which then causes disruption to the community by riders having then to access two different and separate databases to update their bikes before they can connect to the online servers?
Doesn't it make perfect sense to all to only have the one database, the one place were riders need to come to update their bikeMODS rather than two or more different databases to do the same job?

Also you seem to be suggesting, UC, that because it's only the one mod-team refusing to co-operate with the bikemod database then that is okay? What if then another decides to do the same thing, and then another, all having there own databases in different places that riders needed to find and visit before they could update their bikemods? Do you think this would be a good thing for the community? Do you think that situation would be a lot better than riders only needing to visit the one place to update all their bikemods?

The whole point that should be on anyones mind in this community should be about what is best for the community as a whole, not what's best for me, or what's best for the mod-teams, but what are we doing to make it easier and simpler for the community as a whole to do what they need to do to be able to connect to the online servers easily. It seems to me that this sense of co-operation within the community is starting to break down, and it only takes one person to start it, and before long all the great work that has been done in the past will be lost because someone thought they knew a better way to do things, yet in reality they are just destined to repeat the same mistakes over again because they don't have the experience over many years now of what's the best way to run the Bikemod Database.
The Bikemod Database has had many years to realise what works and what doesn't, and it's few basic rules are there for a good reason, to make sure the mistakes it's made in the past are not repeated.......  So come on guys, let's get back to co-operating with each other and let Matty list your IMT bikemods in the Bikemod Database for the benefit of everyone here in the community, because the way things are going right now, we will end up back to how it used to be with no organisation or databases for anything, and the chaos that we had back then with riders continually not knowing what version tracks and bikes were being used on the online servers was just ridiculous. Do we want to go back to those times? I don't, and I'd guess everyone would agree with me on that?

Hawk.

Italian Mod Team

People have too much free time  ;D

Today/night the new release, we worked very hard on this 1.2 version, hope u like it,   :)

Urban Chaos 2.0

March 16, 2017, 12:53:46 PM #22 Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 12:56:25 PM by Urban Chaos 2.0
Quote from: Hawk on March 16, 2017, 12:08:56 PM
On one hand you seem to know and understand the importance of the Bikemod Database and it's prime and very important operation in the communities ability to have a place to update all the bikemods from one place instead of having to search around for other updates before they can connect to online servers, yet on your other hand you seem to be saying it's fine for a mod team to refuse to allow the listing of their bikemods in the established Bikemod Database. Something of a contradiction there don't you think UC?

So I'd ask not only yourself UC, but in fact I ask everyone here in this community: Which one are you for? A single place(namely the Bikemod Database) where riders in the community can come to make sure they are up to date with the bikemods so they can connect to the online servers easily without issues, or, the mod teams(namely one in this case being the IMT) refusing to co-operate with the established Bikemod Database and splitting off and doing their own database which then causes disruption to the community by riders having then to access two different and separate databases to update their bikes before they can connect to the online servers?
Doesn't it make perfect sense to all to only have the one database, the one place were riders need to come to update their bikeMODS rather than two or more different databases to do the same job?

Also you seem to be suggesting, UC, that because it's only the one mod-team refusing to co-operate with the bikemod database then that is okay? What if then another decides to do the same thing, and then another, all having there own databases in different places that riders needed to find and visit before they could update their bikemods? Do you think this would be a good thing for the community? Do you think that situation would be a lot better than riders only needing to visit the one place to update all their bikemods?

The whole point that should be on anyones mind in this community should be about what is best for the community as a whole, not what's best for me, or what's best for the mod-teams, but what are we doing to make it easier and simpler for the community as a whole to do what they need to do to be able to connect to the online servers easily. It seems to me that this sense of co-operation within the community is starting to break down, and it only takes one person to start it, and before long all the great work that has been done in the past will be lost because someone thought they knew a better way to do things, yet in reality they are just destined to repeat the same mistakes over again because they don't have the experience over many years now of what's the best way to run the Bikemod Database.
The Bikemod Database has had many years to realise what works and what doesn't, and it's few basic rules are there for a good reason, to make sure the mistakes it's made in the past are not repeated.......  So come on guys, let's get back to co-operating with each other and let Matty list your IMT bikemods in the Bikemod Database for the benefit of everyone here in the community, because the way things are going right now, we will end up back to how it used to be with no organisation or databases for anything, and the chaos that we had back then with riders continually not knowing what version tracks and bikes were being used on the online servers was just ridiculous. Do we want to go back to those times? I don't, and I'd guess everyone would agree with me on that?

Hawk.

The machinations of life do not follow ideal narratives, so I do not reason in accordance with idealism. Without a doubt a rogue unit on the forum isn't a good thing, I've never denied that. However, it is just the Italian Mod Team who have a database separate from Maty's. Speaking of which: There is the problem. It's under his control. At present people are making a fuss out of something for which there is a simple solution. You see in life we must do that very thing which you currently are advocating: compromise. However your proposed solution is a compromise on only one group of people's part (the Italian Mod Team) for only one definition of "for the good of the community". I do believe there is more than one way to achieve that goal. Insisting on only one, and not exploring other avenues before shouting "anarchy" might not be the best way to address it.

Seriously this isn't that big of a deal, and there is no need to wait for it to genuinely become one. You need to address the issue which has necessitated another database in the Italian Mod Team's eyes. In the meantime, including a link to the Italian Mod Team's database in the Bike Mod topic seems like a good idea. That is, if you don't want users to have embark on the arduous task of scrolling all the way down to the Italian Mod Team section, and straining themselves to click on that forum link.

Things need to be arranged for the good of the community, but are you sure that a single database with long waits in-between releases, is a good thing? I mean, the heart ache I have had to endure over the long periods of time through which we had to wait for a bike update has damn-near wreaked irreparable havoc to my fragile heart. Hahaha gotcha.

h106frp

March 16, 2017, 01:18:01 PM #23 Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 01:37:17 PM by h106frp
So after many years and reaching the conclusion that the only way to avoid the issues of not being able to join servers was to have a defined official bike set we are back to guessing what you need from various sources - and thats progress?

The only other practical option would be for each server host to host the required bike downloads as well, but who want to keep downloading bike set just in case a single bike has a slight change in its config?

I would not be surprised if Matty just decides that the best thing for the community would be to let IMT take over the whole database just to keep within the definition above and certainly less work for him to stay on top of.

If anyone thinks re-synchronizing the mega database is something they would like to do on a daily basis i think they will be surprised how much effort it takes - do you want to be the database admin UC2?

Urban Chaos 2.0

Me? Nah I'm good, haha. I do think a link to the Italian Mod Team's Mega database on the first page of the "Bike Mod" topic would be a good idea. That way, there remains one central access point for all bike mods. Whether users accesses IMT's databse via the "Bike Mod" topic, or the Italian Mod Team forum section, they will be getting the same version of bikes. There no need for this to become a problem.

Jose Reina

I really do not see this discussion necessary, nor do I see many things that are necessary ...
On the other hand, if IMT wants to have its database, have it.
Matty does an incredible job with his database, but if others prefer not to use it they are free not to use it.

I personally rarely use the database, because I usually download the bikes directly from the bike post, but lately they are creating "teams of modders" that have their own subforums, so it can be difficult to find some bikes if you do not look good. This for me is not a problem, if it can be for other new riders who do not know how the forum works.

I think all bikes should be in the "BIKES" subforum, just like all the circuits, etc etc, for that they were created.

Then if someone does not find something has Matty's database, which is all in and very well updated.

That IMT does not want to use Matty's database, perfect, but if their bikes are not published in the subtitle "BIKES", I doubt that any novice can access them, because they will not find them.

Another point to the whole community that I would like to do ...

PLEASE, if we do not help each other, we will not be helped. Let's be smart and do things well, with help from all to make things easier.
This is still a game and is to have fun, make it easy and fun, join us all and play

Sorry for my English ;)

Blackheart

Quote from: Jose Reina on March 16, 2017, 02:04:09 PM
That IMT does not want to use Matty's database, perfect, but if their bikes are not published in the subtitle "BIKES", I doubt that any novice can access them, because they will not find them.

This a good point, but I remember u Josè that the WSBK 2017 set (with real spec) for now is not completed, we want just some feedback, not races or other things, so no need more visibility for now  ;)

Unfortunately, discussions like this ruin our fun, so in the future we will not respond at similar useless threads  ;)

Hawk

March 16, 2017, 03:10:20 PM #27 Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 03:36:55 PM by Hawk
Is there no real realisation of just how important one, and only one, central BikeMOD Database is to the community?  Can you guys at IMT and it's new database supporters not see that?

Hawk.

Jose Reina

Quote from: Blackheart on March 16, 2017, 02:20:46 PM
Quote from: Jose Reina on March 16, 2017, 02:04:09 PM

This a good point, but I remember u Josè that the WSBK 2017 set (with real spec) for now is not completed, we want just some feedback, not races or other things, so no need more visibility for now  ;)

Unfortunately, discussions like this ruin our fun, so in the future we will not respond at similar useless threads  ;)

There it is clear.
I just think ... if you make a motorcycle (with real specifications or not) and what you want is feedback, people should be able to download them, and they should be able to find them easily, if they want feedback, they want you to try your bikes, Races, or just train, or make championships (I could do a championship if I want with your motorcycles as they are right now), I still think they should find each other easily to download them.

Now that ... if you prefer to have them hidden in the forum, it's your choice, that's why I see that this topic does not make sense.

That is just my opinion.

We publish a few bikes, only in a Post within the sub-forum "BIKES", so that all comments on it are there, possible updates will be there, and people who want to access the bikes or give their feedback can do it there.
I think it's the easiest thing, but everyone thinks differently, that's why we live in democracy hahahaha

Blackheart

There are 3 IMT servers all days online with in the title the bikes version request (atm 1.1) if a guy dont have the bikes, is not hard find them, we already have an easy solution for the future.  ;)