• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Real Mirrors

Started by Blackheart, April 02, 2016, 10:58:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackheart

April 02, 2016, 10:58:40 PM Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 11:00:47 PM by Blackheart
Mr. Piboso since in WRS are already implemented, is possible have the same for GP Bikes? So we can create good road bikes!

PiBoSo

Quote from: Blackheart on April 02, 2016, 10:58:40 PM
Mr. Piboso since in WRS are already implemented, is possible have the same for GP Bikes? So we can create good road bikes!

A separate texture must be used for each mirror surface, and the texture filename must include "mirror"; for example: "leftmirror.tga" or "mirror_right.tga"
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Blackheart

April 02, 2016, 11:09:29 PM #2 Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 11:14:46 PM by Blackheart
Had been told not to enter "mirror_" in the texture name to avoid an absurd framedrop  ??? 

EDIT: however now i'll test this for see if it is a general problem

h106frp

Sounds great, i never tried it with separate textures for each mirror.

Blackheart

April 02, 2016, 11:31:29 PM #4 Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 11:41:28 PM by Blackheart
I take core.exe  ??? with 2 separate textures named "leftmirror.tga" and "rightmirror.tga"

EDIT: core also with just a mirror, maybe the problem is my texture... i try something else  :P

Blackheart

It works ... but just I rotate the bike in the main menu... core.exe! I tried both with alpha channel and without it  ???

h106frp

Tried in 1P and core.exe when you go to track  :(

Tried leftmirror, rightmirror and mirror_left, mirror_right with and without alpha - texture is 128*64 and no shaders

Blackheart

April 03, 2016, 12:39:37 AM #7 Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 12:43:43 AM by Blackheart
The problem are the shadow try without them for me work now  :P

EDIT: nope works just in main menu, core in the track lol

Blackheart

April 03, 2016, 12:05:00 PM #8 Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 12:06:50 PM by Blackheart
Damn with the mirrors; core.exe or the framerate drop to 1 on the track... Anyone has an idea? :(

Napalm Nick

If this bike design was still about by someone would it help to study it?
http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=1075.msg49420;topicseen#msg49420
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Blackheart

No Nick in the video the mirrors are "fake" it's just a shader, are orrible, we looking for real mirrors, this is possible and works but we have big problems with core and framerate.

h106frp

Yep, can do fake mirrors no problem, looking for something similar to WRS but as far as i can tell these are special objects in WRS car gfx.cfg. Tried the same implementation in GPB but i cannot get it to work - just core.exe going to track

Napalm Nick

Ok not sure what you mean by fake tho they show reflections even if a bit blurry? hehe no idea me. ::)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Steven

April 03, 2016, 02:34:08 PM #13 Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 03:08:41 PM by Steven
I also have framedrops (close to 0) with this mirror. (For example on Victoria, with only this mirror plane in view - nothing else in the model that reflects or has specular or something.) Also lowering graphic settings doesn't seem to change it.

I remember some betas ago it was usable. Also this seems to be track related - on Albacete for example it works without problems (maybe no shaders applied?).

Also try to start with a low texture resolution (maybe 16x16). The texture resolution controls the resolution of the mirror. (I don't know if this has influence on the performance but I could imagine.) Use this mirror in the cockpit model only. Using it in the non-cockpit model causes core.exe in the showroom for me, too.

I think the entries in the gfx.cfg are just there to be able to adjust the mirrors, but at the moment the menu to do this (like in WRS) is missing.

Nick, if you have a look at the reflections of a bikes chassis for example, they are as you said blurry and also not fluent. This mirror looks smoother.

Blackheart

Need some indications from Pibo here  :-\

Nick these are the "real mirrors"