• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 06:58:42 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GPBikes Owners Club |Cat RACE EVENT 1 | 500cc 1978 Re-Run | Info | COMPLETE

Started by Napalm Nick, May 21, 2015, 07:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

Quote from: PeterV on May 24, 2015, 08:11:20 PM
i had enough, been plowed into with the start, then crashes due too the reset in middle of track.
Not youre fault m8, great effort nonetheless for this event.

I hope to make the next event less painful m8.  Also maybe I was too optimistic using the GP500 first, they take a lot of control. But fun too!
Thank you for all your help getting to this point Peter. No wonder that farmer has tattoos of you.  :-*

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Blackheart

I forgot ! In the replay you would see that I slide for 20 seconds, And I 'd say, please bike stoppedddd  ;D

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Hawk UK on May 24, 2015, 08:24:41 PM
Firstly.... congrats to Meyer for his first win! Well done mate!  ;D 8)

It was a fun event, marred by core.exe crashes for others(not me personally), and for me personally riders respawning right in front of me causing me to crash many times. Not the fault of the riders - the rider respawn point really needs to be sorted out or, once you crash your out of the race, one or the other. It didn't help with Mallory being such a short circuit in that there was heavy traffic all the time, so no real chance of waiting for a good clear spot to respawn.

I do wish Piboso would sort out the engine sound drowning problem too. Causes me no end of problems on the 2 stroke bikes(4 strokes don't seem to be that bad comparing).

All in all I had fun which is the main thing, but I think a bigger circuit will suit better until the rider spawn issue and core.exe's have been solved.

Thank you Nick for organising these fun events.... You've done a great job tonight mate and I can't wait for the next event!  ;D

Hawk.

Thanks for your support always Hawk. Agree with all your points.

One positive is that if you take away all the 'cores' due to the RESUME function try-out, then there was only poor MALVE who missed out tonight.

I will reward his sacrifice with a big helping of Leaderboard points  :D
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Blackheart on May 24, 2015, 08:28:50 PM
I forgot ! In the replay you would see that I slide for 20 seconds, And I 'd say, please bike stoppedddd  ;D

heheehe sweet! I will look for this and try to get it in the replay movie  ;D

Warlock

Every time i see these kind of events, i mean well done (really funny magazine picture lol, love this things), i really feel tempted to join.
But man, we've been there too many times with the same issues that ruins people joy  :-\

Its great for the guys that didn't had problems but frustrating for the others. I hope Nick and PeterV keep motivated until these problems can be fixed. Then, i'll be there for sure.

Good job Nick, you guys keep this alive, Piboso should be grateful to have you here, otherwise GPB would be dead.

Alone

+1.
I almost forget everything and was attempt to join! All looks great, but suddenly I remembered that I can't be part :/

Napalm Nick

Warlock and Alone,

thanks for your comments they are very kind and it is much appreciated input from the original members.

I will do my best, I feel suffocated being unable to assist development, so I will try to use the tools we have to bring some fun while my enthusiasm is high and I am not irritated to the Core (geddit  ::))

Like I say, 99% of the Cores last night were because I wanted to try-out the Resume function (again). 1% were during the restarted 'just bloody race' event hehe! Not too bad I guess. Time will tell.

It makes me sad to hear dampened spirits of you guys n gals who see the same problems unresolved year by year and have battled to do the best with the broken tools available many times before. Like old warriors, I expect you can fight again once the motivation is re-kindled!

I hope so, anyway, I sure would love to see you back on the battlefields.

Nick.

Hawk

No disrespect intended to anyone, and I know this is only fun racing, but what's the logic behind placing a rider who quits a race above a rider who finishes the race? I think you need to look at the Classification data again Nick.  Lol  ;)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Oh my! Controversy at the first race! Now I will have to make a decision and be loathed  :'(

Hey that's a good point though Hawkster, I'm not surprised you are calling me a c*ck. I just looked at the classification and went with it.
I now have fears other people may have been disadvantaged by evil rage-quitters too.

I suppose the argument is that although Bob rage-quitted with just one lap to go (shame on you Bob) he still did more laps than most of us by the time the leader finished (obviously going too fast).  ???

Now I have to decide if the rage-quit-didn't-finish crime is severe enough to overturn the points ruling even though us mortals wouldn't of gained a higher position if he had finished. And if sanctioned what is the penalty? Points doctored/Maybe ride a scooter the next event?

Hmm I'm not good at confrontation I want to hear from the defendant god help his guilty soul.
And anyone else who thinks they should be higher too.  :-[

In the mean time I will review the incriminating video Big Brother evidence!

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on May 27, 2015, 10:09:38 PM
Oh my! Controversy at the first race! Now I will have to make a decision and be loathed  :'(

Hey that's a good point though Hawkster, I'm not surprised you are calling me a c*ck. I just looked at the classification and went with it.
I now have fears other people may have been disadvantaged by evil rage-quitters too.

I suppose the argument is that although Bob rage-quitted with just one lap to go (shame on you Bob) he still did more laps than most of us by the time the leader finished (obviously going too fast).  ???

Now I have to decide if the rage-quit-didn't-finish crime is severe enough to overturn the points ruling even though us mortals wouldn't of gained a higher position if he had finished. And if sanctioned what is the penalty? Points doctored/Maybe ride a scooter the next event?

Hmm I'm not good at confrontation I want to hear from the defendant god help his guilty soul.
And anyone else who thinks they should be higher too.  :-[

In the mean time I will review the incriminating video Big Brother evidence!

Personally I would make it simple.
Anyone who has an unfortunate core.exe or, quits the race before it's conclusion  will result in a non-race classification placement with zero points.

This way it will prevent quitters from claiming a core.exe and gaining any points you previously may have been thinking of awarding core.exe victims in compensation for their bad-luck.
Riders should look on the current possible core.exe crash as just that, "a crash"; a bike crash that you cannot recover from and continue riding. This can happen to anyone of us, but we'd all know the result above.

The argument about some quitters have done more laps than others in the race than those who didn't quite doesn't hold in my book simply because those that were several laps behind the quitter don't get the chance to finish the rest of their laps once the race is deemed over. Plus the fact that quitters should not be rewarded in any way.  :P  :)

Reasoning that makes sense and is same and fair to all I think.

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

After a sleepless night of deliberation, and after reading other posts on the matter (passionate explosions of contempt lol) I think it is only right to stay in line with the championships and other racing in the name of simplicity.

Hawks suggestion is upheld.  The Rulebook has been amended to reflect this with the addition of Article 12.

In the name of everything sportsmanlike I will not be amending the first race results.

I ask all parties to take the ruling 'on the chin' please.

And I leave you with a quote  ;D lol

"Rage quit is not racer! Is baby!" Anon

BOBR6 84

LOL  ;D Yes absolutely should be a DNF next to my name............. not 4th or 5th LOL!!

Did i really have 1 lap to go?? wow i thought i was about half way through lol.

Everytime we restarted the race, when i spawned on the grid i got core.exe... everytime! so quickly restart the game and jump back on the grid just in time.. then after all that the qually results were scrapped and it was a random free for all.. i know its a fun event and the first try by nick, but.. i put alot of effort in practicing too! Im not complaining.. believe me, i just had a stinker and lost interest to carry on at the time. If id have realized i had 1 lap to go.............. lol ooops  ::)

anyway, looking forward to the next event  8)

Napalm Nick

I know,  it was a f*ck fest due to me wanting to explore and use the server RESUME  :-[. Hopefully no more.

I suggest to everyone they have a link on the Desktop to Run GpBikes quickly again if the game crashes back to desktop/core. We nearly had everyone for the race but poor old MaLve missed getting back by just 1 second.

I hope he doesn't desert us he don't answer me anymore   :'( :-[ :'(

BOBR6 84

that reminds me.. i didnt see a pit board the whole race? anybody else?

Napalm Nick

Hmmm I think I did but I am not sure.
I had MaxHUD up showing the sector and lap times so I knew where I was  ;)