• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Reduce wind noise when the rider get down behind the screen, rider tuck head pos

Started by h106frp, June 18, 2015, 09:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h106frp

When the rider gets tucked in behind the fairing bubble would it be possible for the wind noise to step down in volume, when he pops back up it could step back to normal volume? The engine intake noise should be prominent when he's tucked but i am not sure if this is modeled in a way that can do this. I think this would feel more realistic than the present arrangement of wind noise just being proportional to speed.

Currently using headphones a lot and noticing that i do not seem to have any reverberation when passing buildings etc, on the mountain track tunnels you would expect to hear a big change. I though it was supported or is this a track mod thing?

Also noticing that he seems to have his head a long way back when 'tucked' (50's cafe racer style) as if he has slid right back onto the tail hump, you would expect his head to be a bit closer to the bars and screen when leaned forward over the tank and not looking from halfway down the tank.  Its almost as if the viewpoint has gone down and back rather than down and forward. Can this be modified? - Using auto rider lean btw

Thanks

CapeDoctor

+ 1 for this request. would be a big help for immersion levels.
i was also disappointed to go through the mountain track tunnels the other day, and didn't hear a roaring cacophony of engine sound, lol  ;D

HornetMaX

Quote from: TheCapeDoctor on July 28, 2015, 06:27:07 AM
i was also disappointed to go through the mountain track tunnels the other day, and didn't hear a roaring cacophony of engine sound, lol  ;D
That's called sound occlusion (and reflection). Some games / game engines have it, but it's pretty heavy (computationally).

MaX.