• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 11:54:10 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

NC - Mugello RC1.00

Started by noss69, June 05, 2014, 03:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abigor

Quote from: Klax75 on June 06, 2014, 12:04:09 PM
Great work! :)

I have been trying something with this track.

Made the sun light brighter, the fog less, and added a slight blue to the ambient light.
{
ambient
{
red = 0.27
green = 0.29
blue = 0.40
}
sun_color
{
red = 2.05
green = 2
blue = 1.9
}
fog
{
density = 0.0002
red = 0.7
green = 0.67
blue = 0.85

One thing I've notice with a lot of tracks, the sun light doesn't seem bright like the sun. And the sky box for the sky, the blue sky texture doesn't seem a vibrant blue, kind of a dull blue. Not just this track but a lot of them. Seems like the saturation is low for the color.
best sun effect is on Mugello BETA1 from SaintWest......  but it's my personal opinion  ;)

HornetMaX

Quote from: Abigor on June 06, 2014, 02:06:33 PM
best sun effect is on Mugello BETA1 from SaintWest......  but it's my personal opinion  ;)
It's almost identical to Noss' one.

Saint West :
sun_color
{
red = 1.05
green = 0.95
blue = 0.95
}

Noss:
sun_color
{
red = 1.05
green = 1
blue = 0.9
}

MaX.

Abigor

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 06, 2014, 02:28:15 PM
Quote from: Abigor on June 06, 2014, 02:06:33 PM
It's almost identical to Noss' one.

Saint West :
sun_color
{
red = 1.05
green = 0.95
blue = 0.95
}

Noss:
sun_color
{
red = 1.05
green = 1
blue = 0.9
}

MaX.
Yes but you can't see the sun.......i don't know maybe its different time of the day.......anyway big thanks to Noss it's a great track.

valentinik46

very nice track,very great work i was just testing with r1,thank you

PeterV

June 07, 2014, 07:28:26 AM #19 Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 07:43:43 AM by PeterV
Loving the track, but i noticed some things in watching the replay.
Sometimes the bike (tires) float above the track surface and sometimes they sink a bit into the tracksurface.
I have seen this before on one other track but cant recall which.

Just a heads up.

@Max
changed the fog like to what you suggested and that looks way better.

Klax75

Quote from: PeterV on June 07, 2014, 07:28:26 AM
Loving the track, but i noticed some things in watching the replay.
Sometimes the bike (tires) float above the track surface and sometimes they sink  abi inti the tracksurface.
I have seen this before on one other track but cant recall which.

Just a heads up.

@Max
changed the fog like to what you suggested and that looks way better.

I've noticed this too. On the main straight you sink in, very noticeable. Jerez has this issue also.

Warlock

Thank you Noss, the track is great  :) as always

Stout Johnson

Thanks guys, nice track. I especially like that the up and down and the hanging corners are now represented realistically - really good job!

Only minor gripe I have is that you fall too easily on curbs. You only have to look square at a curb - and down you are. My feeling is that the white lines are the major part causing the rider to fall off magically. Is there a way of maybe increasing the grip on the white lines a bit? Even in dry weather, the white lines feel like it was rainy.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

JamoZ

Yeah, the curbs are just weird. You touch them, and the bike engine just stops putting out power as if you were already falling?

BOBR6 84

Awesome track! Great quality and nice to ride.. Just 3 issues for me..

Rider is scared of the curbs and jumps off when I touch one lol  ;D

Turn 1 (front end)

Turn 8 & 9 (mainly between 8 & 9) (front end)

Seems to be the uphill turns that I struggle with allways.. Track surface at mugello is really good in general though, nice work!

HornetMaX

The problem at turn 1 essentially disappears if you use manual rider lean L/R, so I guess we can be fairly sure it's not due to the track surface.

Turn 8/9 is a different story though: the other Mugello (by Saint West) is definitely better on these two turns (not perfect neither, but better).

MaX.

C21

Turn 1 (front end)

Turn 8 & 9 (mainly between 8 & 9) (front end)

Seems to be the uphill turns that I struggle with allways.. Track surface at mugello is really good in general though, nice work!

You´re not alone  ;)
Exactly the same problem i had riding this track with a WSS R6.
But I most have rear end issues at turn 9 , front end is not the problem for me at that section.
I was a bit disappointed because the other Mugello track is much more ridable in that specific sections.
Maybe it´s possible to merge both together?
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

janaucarre

HornetMaX

The 1st issue is strange, maybe a track surface problem (but still strange, the bike does not seem to be upset by it).

What's the problem with the 2nd thing ?

MaX.

janaucarre

The second thing is not a problem, but someone has this issue on every kerbs, and that's why I show that with anti-wheeling enabled the motor cut off on the kerbs, like I said in the video.
I remember now there is a same problem at monza at the output of the double right curve, but with no riding on the kerbs it makes the same thing if you have enabled the anti-wheeling.