• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 11:51:53 AM

OldSchool Race Suzuka

Started by PeterV, September 02, 2014, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

September 29, 2014, 07:09:55 AM #60 Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 11:36:27 PM by Hawk_UK
Quote from: Klax75 on September 28, 2014, 09:25:52 PM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on September 28, 2014, 09:00:52 PM
Quote from: Klax75 on September 28, 2014, 08:54:52 PM
I had one core, and the curbs at Suzuka are not kind to DST at all. Even the slightest touch I'd get ejected off the bike. :/

Yeah I know what you mean about the kerbs, they ejected me a couple of times too. Hopefully with beta 6 they will be kinder. I also had a couple of tank slapper crashes too... My GOD! The bike does wobble on that track doesn't it! I was getting dizzy! Lol

Could you pinpoint any particular reason for your core.exe, Klax?

Hawk.

I was doing hot lap, just turn on to the main straight and the game just froze for a minute or two then quit.

Was that when Alby joined soon after the qualy started? Because when Alby joined the server GPB froze on me for about 2 seconds(it froze with a buzzing sound) and I thought I would get a core.exe from that but I didn't. I've noticed before that when some people connect it can cause or seems to cause a core.exe crash. By no means am I saying it's specific to Alby connecting. LOL. It happens in general but often when connections are made on a busy server.  :)

Hawk.

Alby46

It's even worse when someone from a far country connects
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

Rodrigovis

My bike broke late in the race   :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Klax75

Quote from: Hawk_UK on September 29, 2014, 07:09:55 AM
I had one core, and the curbs at Suzuka are not kind to DST at all. Even the slightest touch I'd get ejected off the bike. :/

Yeah I know what you mean about the kerbs, they ejected me a couple of times too. Hopefully with beta 6 they will be kinder. I also had a couple of tank slapper crashes too... My GOD! The bike does wobble on that track doesn't it! I was getting dizzy! Lol

Hawk.

I was doing hot lap, just turn on to the main straight and the game just froze for a minute or two then quit.

Was that when Alby joined soon after the qualy started? Because when Alby joined the server GPB froze on me for about 2 seconds(it froze with a buzzing sound) and I thought I would get a core.exe from that but I didn't. I've noticed before that when some people connect it can cause or seems to cause a core.exe crash. By no means am I saying it's specific to Alby connecting. LOL. It happens in general but not often when connections are made on a busy server.  :)

Hawk.

I don't remember anyone connecting around the time I got a core. I just turn on to the main straight then everything froze. :/ Nothing was really going on and no one was around me.

PeterV

September 29, 2014, 02:56:57 PM #64 Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 03:51:13 PM by PeterV
Quote from: Klax75 on September 29, 2014, 02:22:05 PM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on September 29, 2014, 07:09:55 AM

Hawk.

Was that when Alby joined soon after the qualy started? Because when Alby joined the server GPB froze on me for about 2 seconds(it froze with a buzzing sound) and I thought I would get a core.exe from that but I didn't. I've noticed before that when some people connect it can cause or seems to cause a core.exe crash. By no means am I saying it's specific to Alby connecting. LOL. It happens in general but not often when connections are made on a busy server.  :)

Hawk.

I don't remember anyone connecting around the time I got a core. I just turn on to the main straight then everything froze. :/ Nothing was really going on and no one was around me.

Klax had a core.exe in the practice session of 15 min. Alby connected in Qualifying session. And as Klax mentioned how higher the ping of the connecting party the more/longer connecting lag seems to be. Very annoying during a qualifying session  >:( Due to this there will be a new rule implemented, all riders need to be in the server before the qualifying session has begon.

PeterV

Quote from: SuperTaranta! on September 28, 2014, 10:23:00 PM
Quote from: PeterV on September 28, 2014, 09:08:18 PM
Results and replay are already up, thx dibu

Oldschool Suzuka Results and  Full Replay

My internet is so slow now. Can you guys tell me, Am I moving before start ?
I have had a look at you starting and as i see it you just began to move before the marshal waved the green flag.
You have to wait with movement until you see the marshal wave the green flag.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk_UK on September 29, 2014, 07:01:30 AM
I almost forgot to mention this...... I got two penalties apparently for cutting corners??? Okay I out-braked myself a couple of times going into the chicane - I had nowhere else to go what was I supposed to do? But to get a cutting corner penalty for that is silly. It would be so much better to put an invisible wall around the backend of that runoff area there, to give you enough room for a run-off, but also making it so that you have to almost come to a halt to steer back on track and therefore no advantage could be taken. The invisible wall would be there for anyone who thinks they can gain an advantage. Lol
There's no perfect solution to this problem. In a real championship you could appeal your penalty to the directors who, looking at the replay, could judge your case.
Personally, I'm in favour of the penalties, it's just easier and clearer for everybody. Don't like the idea of invisible walls, they are too .. invisible :)

MaX.

Stout Johnson

Quote from: HornetMaX on September 29, 2014, 06:41:41 PM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on September 29, 2014, 07:01:30 AM
I almost forgot to mention this...... I got two penalties apparently for cutting corners??? Okay I out-braked myself a couple of times going into the chicane - I had nowhere else to go what was I supposed to do? But to get a cutting corner penalty for that is silly. It would be so much better to put an invisible wall around the backend of that runoff area there, to give you enough room for a run-off, but also making it so that you have to almost come to a halt to steer back on track and therefore no advantage could be taken. The invisible wall would be there for anyone who thinks they can gain an advantage. Lol
There's no perfect solution to this problem. In a real championship you could appeal your penalty to the directors who, looking at the replay, could judge your case.
Personally, I'm in favour of the penalties, it's just easier and clearer for everybody. Don't like the idea of invisible walls, they are too .. invisible :)

MaX.
I do not like the idea of invisible walls either. But Hawk is right, in many cases you just run wide you do not get any advantage out of it but still get penalized. I would assume (really only assume, as I haven't built a track yet) that track creators could do a good job here and define the checkpoints very wisely - allowing for a compromise between allowing riders to run wide if forced to but also not allowing for clear cheating. Maybe there would even be 2 versions possible?

version 1: for hotlapping; rather restrictive to make sure no corners are cut
version 2: for race events; very relaxed in terms of checkpoints in order to allow riders to run wide (e.g. for avoiding crashes) but still not getting penalized; race events will in all likelihood be watched and reviewed in replay, so possible advantages due to cutting could be penalized afterwards by the race admin
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

LOOPATELI

how much time penalty is for each cut? 10 seconds??
I think its good this type of penalties.
For example if you put a invisible wall you'll crash and you will probably lose more than ten seconds in a race, because people is caming from behind and you won't be able to restart the bike, loosing quit more than 10 seconds

Toomes1

When's the next event PeterV, that race last night was brilliant especially with loopateli.
Thanks to all.

PeterV

1st Post updated
  • Suzuka results added
  • Suzuka full replay added
  • Suzuka Race only Replay added
  • Suzuka Pictures added

jerrej

Thanks guys that was pretty cool, my race seemed to be with Nuovaic, Toomes1 should have really been 2nd, but accidents happen.

I had a core during qualify too, managed to get back in and put a quick lap in, it was a shame for SuperTaranta that happened to me once too, we seemed to have the same race pace when we practiced earlier, next time man.

Thanks to host and for the servers and such.

I was pushing for that rostrum finish but had a couple of silly crashes

Next time guys, gg all

Cheers

JJ

LOOPATELI

Awesome pictures Peter! as always :D

Hawk

jerrej

Quote from: Hawk_UK on September 30, 2014, 03:48:01 PM
Quote from: LOOPATELI on September 30, 2014, 01:15:39 PM
Awesome pictures Peter! as always :D

I agree... Nice job Peter! ;D 8)

Hawk.

Yeah F@ckin awesome pictures, one picture looks like me trying to run down nuoviac great angle shot