• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 03:40:51 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Anti-jerk - it's about bikes, not people ;)

Started by davidboda46, March 08, 2017, 12:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidboda46

"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

doubledragoncc

Anti-Jerk...................

I can think of another type........its called a .50 Desert Eagle!!!

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

grimm

I'm increasingly intrigued by the argument against electronics. Just like the turbocharged F1 era where qualifying setups boasted 4 digit numbers in horse power, and the boost numbers resembled hydraulic pressure, GP500 is gone with the wind, and it's not coming back. The sooner we embrace the death throes of gasoline engines, and racing them at top level, the sooner we see just how high the peak can be and how fast the apex can be run before we are beyond  the curve and watching the end of petrol burners as we know it. I for one embrace the changes (quite a departure from my previous opinions on the matter a few years ago) and I am excited to see just how fast MotoGP gets around world circuits before the plug ends up being pulled on this wild ride in human history that we know as motorcycle racing.

Hawk

No..... It's not about the bikes or the people, it's about the soul of GP bike racing, and I'm afraid that died the day they started to bring in electronics and taking away that seat of the pants marriage between bike and rider.... Now any monkey could jump on a motogp bike and compete with the best it seems.... Modern day motogp is a pure joke! Bring back the 2 strokes(without the electronics) and then we'll see where the real talent lies.  :P

Hawk.

MultiCOOLFRESH

Quote from: Hawk on March 08, 2017, 06:49:20 PM
No..... It's not about the bikes or the people, it's about the soul of GP bike racing, and I'm afraid that died the day they started to bring in electronics and taking away that seat of the pants marriage between bike and rider.... Now any monkey could jump on a motogp bike and compete with the best it seems.... Modern day motogp is a pure joke! Bring back the 2 strokes(without the electronics) and then we'll see where the real talent lies.  :P

Hawk.

This would not be fair, Rossi would win everything then :D
Heeeeeey Hoooooo <br /><br />

Hawk

Quote from: MultiCOOLFRESH on March 08, 2017, 06:55:54 PM
Quote from: Hawk on March 08, 2017, 06:49:20 PM

Hawk.

This would not be fair, Rossi would win everything then :D

Lol... Too right. Rossi is the only guy still out there who has the proven talent to ride a real racing bike.  ;D
Though riding these modern MotoGP bikes has made him soft I would have to say? Too easy.  :P

Hawk.

HornetMaX

After the original article (http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/opinion/motogp/how-motogp-anti-jerk-works) there are some comments worth reading.

Key points (that I agree with): best riders will win, electronics or not. No electronics era = tons of serious accidents (which means riders lasted much less and some championships didn't end up with a last race battle because one or the other ended up with two smashed legs when not in a wheelchair).

But the comment I prefer is one from somebody declaring to have wide experience racing bikes (from 500GP to SBK, no less) who says: no more aids, just keep engine mapping and slipper clutch.
Question: why slipper clutch is good and (let's say) TC is not ? In practice, they do a very similar thing (in different conditions). A slipper clutch makes the rider life easier.

Other example, let's imagine that Yamaha (or whoever) puts together a (mechanical) suspension that works much better than conventional ones: is this a rider aid or not ?
I guess most would say no, but in practice a much better suspension makes the rider life much easier, allowing him to be faster and, arguably, requiring less skill to do the same lap time.

My 2c: it's just electronics-fobia and it-was-better-before attitude.

For MotoGP, last year has been spectacular (and previous ones too), MotoGP seems to be heading in the right direction.
If people want to remember the good old times, they can re-watch 500cc races on analog VHS tapes on CRT TVs, just to stick with the original spirit :)

Urban Chaos 2.0

grimm

Quote from: HornetMaX on March 08, 2017, 07:23:14 PM
My 2c: it's just electronics-fobia and it-was-better-before attitude.

For MotoGP, last year has been spectacular (and previous ones too), MotoGP seems to be heading in the right direction.
If people want to remember the good old times, they can re-watch 500cc races on analog VHS tapes on CRT TVs, just to stick with the original spirit :)

It has gotten to that point for me, current MotoGP is spectacular in the regard it is like watching F1 cars, people pine over the turbo era, they cry about how V10's and V12's were the "best", some say the V8 cars from the vintage era, was where true F1 was at the glory days. Just like motorcycle racing, it climbs that ladder of technology quickly and what may be fast today may not be fast tomorrow.

I get the feeling that the next few years will usher in "hybrid" gas/electric race bikes, if not a full on electric contender in MotoGP. The industry has spoken time and again about moving to alternative fuels and means to create power... I'm enjoying motorcycle racing in all of its glory right now because I may be one of the last generations that got to not only watch Irish Road Racing, GP500, and Superbikers when they were being broadcast, but I may see those very things relegated to the history books in my lifetime. Things are moving really fast right now, and the glorious sound of a V5, just like in 1985 and Group B cars being possible to witness, is still possible to see, to hear, to nearly reach out and touch. This may be the last era in human history we get to see the fastest of the dino blood burners, and I say we embrace it instead of debate it.

Stout Johnson

As per this this site (german, could not find an english source) Ezpeleta has serious plans for establishing electric bikes in MotoGP. Sooner or later it will be inevitable to have electric bikes in a major racing series. As soon as the major manufacturers happen to sell the majority of their bikes as e-bikes, it will be inevitable I think.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

MultiCOOLFRESH

Quote from: Stout Johnson on March 10, 2017, 11:37:49 AM
As per this this site (german, could not find an english source) Ezpeleta has serious plans for establishing electric bikes in MotoGP. Sooner or later it will be inevitable to have electric bikes in a major racing series. As soon as the major manufacturers happen to sell the majority of their bikes as e-bikes, it will be inevitable I think.

He wants to do a extra series of 5 races, which is no championship, where every private team and rider rides electric bikes in an, maybe, 10 round race. Also the best 4 Moto2 drivers will take place in these races. But important is, that this is EXTRA and will not replace current MotoGP Bikes.
Heeeeeey Hoooooo <br /><br />

PeterV

March 11, 2017, 01:44:08 PM #11 Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 01:46:18 PM by PeterV
Quote from: MultiCOOLFRESH on March 10, 2017, 08:35:10 PM
But important is, that this is EXTRA and will not replace current MotoGP Bikes.
Thank god for that, i see so now and again those electric cars "whiz" by on my television screen. Do i need to say more?  ;D
Its not for me thats for sure. But its the future im sure, and cant be stopped. Development is going so fast, as is the time  :o

[Big Wave]
Hija Stout, what you up too?

h106frp

TT zero now does a complete lap at a decent average speed - when it started a few years ago they barely limped over the line  ;D

Refuelling still has them stumped though.

Syd

Quote from: h106frp on March 11, 2017, 03:11:51 PM
TT zero now does a complete lap at a decent average speed - when it started a few years ago they barely limped over the line  ;D

Refuelling still has them stumped though.

Lol!
Not like a quick battery change can be made in the same time as re-fuelling. But one day...

Stout Johnson

Quote from: MultiCOOLFRESH on March 10, 2017, 08:35:10 PM
He wants to do a extra series of 5 races, which is no championship, where every private team and rider rides electric bikes in an, maybe, 10 round race. Also the best 4 Moto2 drivers will take place in these races. But important is, that this is EXTRA and will not replace current MotoGP Bikes.
Yeah it is additional of course at first. Otherwise fans would be revolting. But it is there to start a transition process for sure. As I said earlier it is all about the marketing. At the moment motorcycle constructors are selling 99,9% combustion engine driven bikes. But in 10 years it might already be 50/50 (or even stronger) in market share between combustion and electronic bikes. In 20 years it will in all likelihood be 99,9% e-bikes. And MotoGP nowadays is the biggest marketing show in the motorcycle market. That's why every major manufacturer (except Kawasaki) tries to establish themselves. And I think it will not make sense to still have combustion bikes in MotoGP if you try to sell electronic driven bikes...

Quote from: PeterV on March 11, 2017, 01:44:08 PM
[Big Wave]
Hija Stout, what you up too?
Hey buddy. I am up to many things except for computer gaming atm ; ) I will try to get in touch with you on Steam, so we can chit chat a little...
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------