• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 07:51:11 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

HELP TEST RACE SERVER PLEASE | *COMPLETE*

Started by Napalm Nick, April 04, 2015, 02:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

April 06, 2015, 03:31:49 PM #15 Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 03:33:45 PM by Hawk UK
Quote from: nuovaic on April 06, 2015, 10:28:03 AM
I'm getting data mismatch here. Also motonline servers 1 & 3. Also can't see 4 Breuquainville even though I have it in track folder.
I can connect fine to all other 18 servers, all bikes are up to date. What am I missing?

Hi Nuoviac

Have you unzipped that track within it's own folder?
Example: tracks/Breuquainville/Breuquainville

This will cause you not to see the track.  ;)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Odd issue

When I connect to the server and pull a wheelie on any bike on any track the bike instantly falls to its side on the right or the left!
This does not happen if not connected to server (IE my PC in Training mode).

I am taking advice on this. In the mean-time if anyone gets a chance could they see if it does the same thing to them?

Odd

Thanks.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

matty0l215

Quote from: Napalm Nick on April 06, 2015, 07:28:00 PM
Odd issue

When I connect to the server and pull a wheelie on any bike on any track the bike instantly falls to its side on the right or the left!
This does not happen if not connected to server (IE my PC in Training mode).

I am taking advice on this. In the mean-time if anyone gets a chance could they see if it does the same thing to them?

Odd

Thanks.
Im getting it too, just tried the R6

The front wheel doesn't get off of the floor and the bike tries to go sideways
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

BOBR6 84

matty0l215

BOBR6 84

Lol!!  :D will do m8, sounds like a very strange bug  ???

If the wind setting was cranked right up how much would it actually effect the bike? Anybody tried?

matty0l215

Nick you fecking idiat...

72KMH North-East wind...

Thanks BOB  :P

Hawk

April 06, 2015, 08:36:01 PM #22 Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 08:38:32 PM by Hawk UK
I tested Noss's RCV213 2014 and noticed on starting off from pits the bike was veering to the right and even when I went on track and let the bike coast straight without any inputs the bike was veering to the right.
At first I thought it was just that the controller calibration was off, so I recalibrated my joystick, but again it was happening.

I don't know if it's just this bike or all bikes it's happening too because I didn't go online with another bike since?

Hawk.
PS: Didn't notice the wind rate: I was on Nicks daily fun race server at the time on Silverstone. But it would be a strange wind that pushes the bike so much in one direction no matter were on the track you were. Lol

Edit: Just seen the post above - LOL!! Nick!! What are you like. I thought something was starting to go terribly wrong!! Hehe!!
That would be why I was getting over 200MPH down Hanger straight. LOL!  ;D ;D

matty0l215

45mph winds, where the hell is Silverstone, the middle of a wind tunnel :P

nuovaic

Quote from: Hawk UK on April 06, 2015, 03:31:49 PM
Quote from: nuovaic on April 06, 2015, 10:28:03 AM
I'm getting data mismatch here. Also motonline servers 1 & 3. Also can't see 4 Breuquainville even though I have it in track folder.
I can connect fine to all other 18 servers, all bikes are up to date. What am I missing?

Hi Nuoviac

Have you unzipped that track within it's own folder?
Example: tracks/Breuquainville/Breuquainville

This will cause you not to see the track.  ;)

Hawk.

Knowing me, that could well be the issue! (Nick, I meant I can see the server in the official server list, but not in game on the World list)
However, I am away again till next Thursday, so can't check it yet.
With the other RCV download I can now enter hotlap server, but still not this daily one. All others are fine. It's weird.
But I will get it sorted eventually, thanks for the help Guys.

Napalm Nick

Quote from: matty0l215 on April 06, 2015, 07:42:07 PM
Im getting it too, just tried the R6

The front wheel doesn't get off of the floor and the bike tries to go sideways

At least I'm not going mad!

Quote from: matty0l215 on April 06, 2015, 08:35:44 PM
Nick you fecking idiat...

72KMH North-East wind...

Thanks BOB  :P

OMG how did that happen?

Quote from: Hawk UK on April 06, 2015, 08:36:01 PM
At first I thought it was just that the controller calibration was off, so I recalibrated my joystick, but again it was happening.

LOL!! Nick!! What are you like. I thought something was starting to go terribly wrong!! Hehe!!
That would be why I was getting over 200MPH down Hanger straight. LOL!  ;D ;D

Yeh I did the calibrationamabob thing too!

Quote from: matty0l215 on April 06, 2015, 08:37:27 PM
45mph winds, where the hell is Silverstone, the middle of a wind tunnel :P

Ohhh dear oh dear oh dear and on that note I would like to say thank you all for helping to improve the game, running wind effect calibration testing!  :D Now we all know the solution to this anomoly

On a side note it appears I am indeed a feckin idiot.  :-[
Thanks everyone.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Napalm Nick

Quote from: nuovaic on April 06, 2015, 08:49:57 PM
Knowing me, that could well be the issue! (Nick, I meant I can see the server in the official server list, but not in game on the World list)
However, I am away again till next Thursday, so can't check it yet.
With the other RCV download I can now enter hotlap server, but still not this daily one. All others are fine. It's weird.
But I will get it sorted eventually, thanks for the help Guys.

We will get you sorted m8y.  Sounds like you have what we call a "Hawk-load"  ::). Catchya when u get back.

HornetMaX

I tested Noss's RCV213 2014 and noticed on starting off from pits the bike was veering to the right and even when I went on track and let the bike coast straight without any inputs the bike was veering to the right.

I don't know if it's just this bike or all bikes it's happening too because I didn't go online with another bike since?

Surely related to this (*), unanswered since a while ...

http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=2107.0

MaX.

(*)
do a diff between noss' bike.cfg and the 990, or the 990 between beta5 and beta6 ...

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 06, 2015, 09:57:29 PM

Surely related to this (*), unanswered since a while ...

http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=2107.0

MaX.

(*)
do a diff between noss' bike.cfg and the 990, or the 990 between beta5 and beta6 ...

It's okay Max..... The reason was because of a very high wind setting on the Silverstone circuit which was causing Noss's RCV to veer off to the right like it did.

Though those aero settings may well have something to do with how the wind effects the movement of the bike. That stuff is beyond me at the moment without an explanation from Piboso or possibly yourself; should you manage work out what it actually does I would be very interested.  ;)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk UK on April 06, 2015, 10:57:30 PM
It's okay Max..... The reason was because of a very high wind setting on the Silverstone circuit which was causing Noss's RCV to veer off to the right like it did.

Though those aero settings may well have something to do with how the wind effects the movement of the bike. That stuff is beyond me at the moment without an explanation from Piboso or possibly yourself; should you manage work out what it actually does I would be very interested.  ;)
I knew the issue was the strong wind, I was only commenting on the fact Noss' rcv may behave differently from other bikes.
The aero settings are mostly unknown, so I wouldn't be too surprised if some bikes had some strange stuff in them ...

I don't know exactly the meaning of all of them and, honestly, I'm not going to spend my time trying to understand them when a 2min job would explain them to everybody.
So we'll just wait. Anyway we're all good at that :)

MaX.