• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 01:45:27 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

GP Bikes on Linux

Started by Furious, September 24, 2013, 01:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: Boerenlater on January 01, 2017, 06:47:22 PM
To get rid of the botnet and NSA backdoors.

Sounds a bit like paranoia to me Boren? "Big Brother" is watching us all and everything we do on the internet and all that rubbish. Lol. But even if that were true(which it isn't), so long as your not doing anything seriously illegal then you'll be fine mate.  ;)

But to not use Windows OS simply for that reason with the disadvantages it will bring in limited accessibility to a wide range of software that won't work with Linux is in my personal opinion a massive overkill?  :)

But if you really want to go down that route then the best solution as Matty suggested would be to create a dual boot OS system.  ;)

Hawk.

Boerenlater

Quote from: Hawk on January 02, 2017, 09:19:31 AM

Sounds a bit like paranoia to me Boren? "Big Brother" is watching us all and everything we do on the internet and all that rubbish. Lol. But even if that were true(which it isn't), so long as your not doing anything seriously illegal then you'll be fine mate.  ;)

But to not use Windows OS simply for that reason with the disadvantages it will bring in limited accessibility to a wide range of software that won't work with Linux is in my personal opinion a massive overkill?  :)

But if you really want to go down that route then the best solution as Matty suggested would be to create a dual boot OS system.  ;)

Hawk.
So if you got nothing to hide it's okay to spy?  ???
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Hawk

Quote from: Boerenlater on January 05, 2017, 06:45:22 PM
Quote from: Hawk on January 02, 2017, 09:19:31 AM

Hawk.
So if you got nothing to hide it's okay to spy?  ???

It's more a case of if your doing nothing majorly illegal then you won't even get onto their radar to be spied upon, so I wouldn't get yourself all paranoid about the hype being spread about governments spying on "everyone's" internet activities(that will never happen).... So long as your not doing anything majorly illegal then your activities won't even flag up on their systems for them to look into. Common sense should tell you that any internet spy system will be an automated system based on alerting them to only suspicious illegal activities of any internet users; any other normal users will never even get looked at, so don't worry about it. :)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

I don't have any concerns with the Spying issue for the reasons Hawk says though I also don't like the idea of being spied on if I just have (lets say) a healthy interest in the physics and chemistry of Weedkiller bombs but have no intention on using them.  :o
Lets face it, texts and phone calls already have that automated surveillance for a long time. And if it stops the lazy dix who have lost the game of life, then good.

But what I do fear is all this data being hacked and stolen/sold (as it will be) and used to target individuals for gain (of whatever form) even if totally innocent. So knowing this I am not in favour.

I think the decision is simple enough - if GpBikes don't work on Linux set aside a budget to pay the scammers and stay with 'Gates perfect megalomania model'.

Sorry for OT Boeren but if this doesn't lure GrT back nothing will.  :D
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Boerenlater

Well I got it working reasonable well on Mint. So far the only thing that's not working is the maxhud plugin.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)