• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 01:20:23 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

What Modern MotoGP Stars Say About changing back to GP500

Started by Hawk, April 24, 2016, 05:23:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Valentino Rossi: "It would be really curious. But I guess that even if the 500 two-stroke bikes would be back, they would never be like the machines I rode. Electronics changes the character of the bikes. Anyway, I would really love to ride a 500cc two-stroke bike again!"

Jorge Lorenzo: "No. I like the four-stroke bikes and the technological development of the last decade has gone in this direction. The bikes have improved a lot, not only in terms of performance but also as far as safety is concerned, so I prefer to stick with what we have. The old 500cc were dangerous and difficult to manage. I have never had the chance to ride a 500cc machine, but I remember how it was to ride the 250cc. You needed to be so delicate with the gas to avoid a crash."

Marc Marquez: "Ha ha ha. If it is the same for everyone, why not?"

Andrea Dovizioso: "No. I have never tried one, so I don't know what it would be like ride a 500cc two-stroke machine. But I think that bike was very angry."

Scott Redding:
"Yes, I'd love to be racing a 500cc two-stroke, especially with the advances in tire technology since they last raced. I think every rider will answer yes to this, surely?"

Bradley Smith: "The 500 two-stroke machines are over. The era is done and the new MotoGP bikes are more technically advanced. There is always an evolution in racing. Of course we enjoyed the period of the 500cc, but as everything in life we evolve. It is the same for the electric cars. I think we will arrive to a point where we will only have sport electric cars. I don't feel too disappointed I missed that era, although I would still like to ride a 500cc machine just to say, 'I have a picture and I rode one!'"

Pol Espargaro:
"Why should we go back to the 500cc machines if we can ride faster with what we have now? For sure, I would love to test this kind of bike. It would be a great experience. Can you imagine jumping on the bike that great champions like Wayne Rainey, Eddie Lawson, Kevin Schwantz, or Mick Doohan rode? I would love to discover their feelings while riding. In the same way, I'm sure that they also would love to test a MotoGP. A rider simply loves to ride all kind of bikes."

Hawk.

Grooveski

Redding's answer reminds me of...hmmm... ???
[was either Kevin at Suzuka a few months ago.
...or somone at the Festival of Speed just last year.]
....who jumped off their old bike and when asked how it felt answered "Better than it did twenty years ago, those tyres are awesome!".

Napalm Nick

I find those answers absolutely textbook to their characters which is funny and good!

Those who mention the current MotoGp bikes being more technologically advanced are ridiculous statements. Are they suggesting that if the 2 strokes had continued time would have stood still and no more development would of happened? Der irrelevant.

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Boerenlater

Quote from: Napalm Nick on April 24, 2016, 07:24:02 AM
I find those answers absolutely textbook to their characters which is funny and good!

Those who mention the current MotoGp bikes being more technologically advanced are ridiculous statements. Are they suggesting that if the 2 strokes had continued time would have stood still and no more development would of happened? Der irrelevant.
Just look at that new Suter 500. Can't wait to see it on the IOMTT.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Meyer#12

+1 on that!! I want to test that beauty of a bike! The Suter i mean :D
Meyer#12