• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 04:34:53 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Skeet skeet Brno 1000cc race II.

Started by Stout Johnson, August 20, 2014, 07:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matty0l215

Quote from: JamoZ on August 22, 2014, 01:37:56 PM
Erhm, just ride it like you stole it?

The fastest bike is never your own :P

Quote from: Warlock on August 22, 2014, 01:45:40 PM
Experience, and setup is very important , to have a safe but fast bike. Don't count Jamoz in this, he use to stole bikes in real life  ;D.

with setup, how far can you go, as far as I'm aware, with beta 5b unless everything is set to as soft as possible the bike just folds in corners :-\ i've just been running the softest setting and fiddled with other settings.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

JamoZ

Setup isn't gonna bring you 10 seconds.
It will shave of 1 or 2 seconds at max when you're already consistently on your own limits.

Warlock

Quote from: matty0l215 on August 22, 2014, 01:56:28 PM
with setup, how far can you go, as far as I'm aware, with beta 5b unless everything is set to as soft as possible the bike just folds in corners :-\ i've just been running the softest setting and fiddled with other settings.

I will share my setup with you when we meet in the server. As Jamoz said you can improve a few secs if the setup fits nicely to you, but no more. The rest is a good bestline, good braking points, smooth thottle, skills. Same as real life, some guys can ride like Rossi some guys not.
The real goal in GPB is not always winning but having fun. Have a battle with someone at the same level as you, at the back of the pack, is as fun as it is at the front positions.

The best way to improve is that one, ride with people at the same level as you. That will teach you a lot more than trying to follow a superfast guy. You will slowly and gradually get better over the time.

r1rossi

I really hope I can join in on this. Does anyone have a link to a youtube video of a race, Just so I can see how EPIC this is lol

I will try to mess with things when home tonight to see if I can get the online races setup.

Would me ping rating effect the data mismatch>

Thanks

JamoZ

August 22, 2014, 03:05:04 PM #49 Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 03:08:05 PM by JamoZ
Training footage of me and my teammate, this is how online racing would be ideally if people would stay on the bike more :P

http://www.youtube.com/v/4MoXIFfGnR8

matty0l215

Quote from: JamoZ on August 22, 2014, 02:17:20 PM
Setup isn't gonna bring you 10 seconds.
It will shave of 1 or 2 seconds at max when you're already consistently on your own limits.

I'm aware of that :P i'm just not very good at setting up the 1000's, got on the 125 or the 600's and i found a setup straight away, nothing I seem to do on the 1000 makes its any better  :(

Quote from: Warlock on August 22, 2014, 02:37:08 PM

I will share my setup with you when we meet in the server. As Jamoz said you can improve a few secs if the setup fits nicely to you, but no more. The rest is a good bestline, good braking points, smooth thottle, skills. Same as real life, some guys can ride like Rossi some guys not.

The best way to improve is that one, ride with people at the same level as you. That will teach you a lot more than trying to follow a superfast guy. You will slowly and gradually get better over the time.

Thanks, stout gave me some tuition and i got about 3 seconds a lap quicker just can't break the 2.08 barrier.

Not giving up though ;D I need to do more races :P
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

PeterV

August 22, 2014, 05:11:52 PM #51 Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 05:26:50 PM by PeterV
Quote from: r1rossi on August 22, 2014, 02:46:17 PM

Ping has no effect on data mismatches.
Data mismatches are caused by not having the correct Bikes and or the Track(s)

Can you post a screenie of youre GPbikes/bikes/ and GPBikes/tracks/ folders?

This is what you need to connect:

r1rossi

I do not have the MS125 cup bikes
or the varesse 594.

They were not in the bikes 2.0 i guess?? ill go online and see to find those downloads and retry.

Thanks alot!

Hope this works.

Quote from: PeterV on August 22, 2014, 05:11:52 PM
Quote from: r1rossi on August 22, 2014, 02:46:17 PM

Ping has no effect on data mismatches.
Data mismatches are caused by not having the correct Bikes and or the Track(s)

Can you post a screenie of youre GPbikes/bikes/ and GPBikes/tracks/ folders?

This is what you need to connect:

r1rossi

Here is my list;

aprilia rsv4
aprilia rsa250
cbr 600
daytona
ducati panigale
ducati 749
ducati 996r
ducati gp12
gsxr 600
honda 500 nsr
ktm rc8 (love this bike )
kx450f
murasama rc990
ninja 6r
rcv213
suzuki rgv500
suzuki gsvr
Gent
varese _v594
vespa
Yamaha M1
Yamaha 500yzr
Yzf R6

Warlock

August 22, 2014, 07:17:07 PM #54 Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 07:20:24 PM by Warlock
Quote from: r1rossi on August 22, 2014, 07:02:54 PM
I do not have the MS125 cup bikes
or the varesse 594.
They were not in the bikes 2.0 i guess??

Those are included in the game itself in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\GP Bikes\gpbikes\bikes.pkz   so no need to have them in the bikes folder, unless there are some skins for them, thats not the problem.

JamoZ

I reckon he misplaced the mod bikes....

r1rossi

What do you mean misplaced the mod bikes?

This is more frustrating for me then you guys lol  ,

I just want to have some competitive fun!

I ran my ping earlier and was at 45 or something said b+ testing

Would you recommend deleting the complete thing and reloading it all?

I would hate to do that as I have everything in there that I  should..

I was practicing at home a little earlier and was getting 2:05 average lap time with crashe(s) and little setup on the bike.

If you think its not worth me racing with those times then I will practice and get better for the next race in hopes online work

JamoZ

What does your folder structure structure look like? Can you make some screenshots of your folders?

r1rossi

I just tried joining the brno race, data mis match .

I just tried to fun to join the Jerez raace for 600class, and i got in>...

SO i have something wrong for sure for this one.

Thank god I got into one..

I will take screenshots and upload.

Thanks again for everything guys.

hoope to help you guys someday

r1rossi

Could the helmets listing cause this?? If i dont have all the helmets/?