• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 06:57:56 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

GP Bikes beta6c

Started by PiBoSo, October 31, 2014, 11:56:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yohji

anyway, I hope choice some riding form,,, or editing riding form, in order to each rider take different form  :)

HornetMaX

Quote from: ptrshpt on November 02, 2014, 06:38:30 AM
In Beta6 WIP deleted topic PiBoSo said something about his meeting with Mick Doohan and a surprise that some users may like. Maybe this is the surprise: Mick Doohan riding style.
No, the surpprise was something else (Rift support).

Why PiBoSo is ignoring so many users who want the old riding style back, is beyond me.
How do you know he's ignoring that ?

MaX.

Hawk

November 02, 2014, 09:45:46 AM #17 Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 09:48:39 AM by Hawk_UK
Why PiBoSo is ignoring so many users who want the old riding style back, is beyond me.

It's not that we want just the old rider back.... I personally like the new rider(except for the stiff bolt straight arms during the wheelie animation), but I'd also like the old rider back as an option for users to be able to select from the rider style drop down menu. That's the only thing that surprised me, in that Piboso didn't include the old rider and style as an optional extra.  :)

Talking to PeterV on being able to MOD our own riders, he suggested, and I agree with him too, that maybe the rider model is intertwined in a more complex way with the operation of the virtual rider/bike operation than we know? Maybe that is why Piboso hasn't allowed us to MOD riders of our own as yet?
It would be good to have some knowledge released on this subject to satisfy our curiosity and hopes to be able to MOD our own riders in a future beta release of GPB, though it's certainly not in my mind an immediate priority(would rather the core.exe problem be sorted out first) .  ;)

Hawk.

PS: I can only presume, with the rider style menu already implemented into GPB, that Piboso does have it in mind for us to be able to create our own MOD rider models and styles in a future release.  ;D

JJS209

November 02, 2014, 10:28:43 AM #18 Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 12:09:55 PM by JJS209
its ok for me that implenting the new physics stuff will bring up new problems with e.g. the frontstability, much more core.exe's, that in this beta every underground is like asphalt and stuff like that but...

what happend to the ridermovement?
at first the animation: the rider moves to the left if i am going to take a turn in right direction?!!?! the manner of the rider is total confusing me and just not real.
the second and much more problematical thing is that there is now no way to hang the rider beside the bike if you have a speed over 180 km/h and that causes big issues to the stability for me who is using manual rider movement.

in my personal opinion this beta is maybe on the physical view a big improvement regarding real values and e.g. the flexible frame BUT Beta5b was playable and you could have had fun on the track going to the limits, what is simply not possible in this new version for me.

this new rider is such a big problem for me that i could not play that lovely game in this version. i am really upset and frustarted with it.
piboso please update the rider or implement the old style to make it possible to me to support your really good and outstanding game in the future, please!!

yoshimura

hands and forearms tremble when the bike takes the angle :-\

davidboda46

My 2 cents on Beta 6c (Murusama 990)

The biggest problem, as discussed by many, is still the front. Weird behaviors:

* At low speeds the front start shaking as soon as you a little lean on the bike. It is very noticeable when you have force feedback on (wheel, or rather my homemade steering rig), but you can also see the handlebars shaking.

* Low speed loss of front, the same problem that has been around for ages. Usually in banked hairpins or sharp corners that requires lot of lean angle, like the bottom of Lukey heights.

* Pushing the front in high speed corners. I feel it's more present than in previous betas. You go into the corner and can't hold the trajectory. Once wide it also seems harder to get back to the trajectory, even if you reduce the throttle.

* Front end wobble under braking. Don't remember having this problem in the past. The front starts to wobble when you apply the brakes and it just gets worse, even if you reduce the brake pressure. It's like a tank slapper but due to braking... very strange.

* Bike becomes unstable when going from left lean to right, and vice versa. Feels like the instability occurs at the short moment the bike is upright before leaning over to the other direction.   
* Front still to light in my opinion. I don't use TC or AW. The front still lifts in 5th-6th gear going on to the straight on Victoria circuit.

* Bike becomes extremely unstable when shifting gear without reducing the throttle.

* Rider animations and body positioning feels off (as other already pointed out).

* Still don't have AW setting option on the bike. Just engine map and TC. 

My thoughtS on development priority:

* The front end problem should be the main focus. If the rider animation/behavior is affecting that it should also be addressed. Otherwise I really don't care if the rider looks like he's Doohan and not Marquez. If it's just a matter of esthetics, it can be put on the backburner  for now.

* I haven't had any Core.exe, but if that is still a problem, it should also be the main focus.     

THESE ARE MY PERSONAL OPINIONS, AND THEY ARE IN NO WAY MENT TO OFFEND PIBOSO OR TO DOWNGRADE THE WORK THAT HAS BEEN PUT INTO GP-BIKES UP UNTIL THIS POINT. MY COMMENTS ARE MENT TO HELP THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND TO MAKE GP-BIKES BETTER. IT'S JUST CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISISM. 

Cheers.

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Hawk

Quote from: yoshimura on November 02, 2014, 10:55:53 AM
hands and forearms tremble when the bike takes the angle :-\

That's because the handlebars shake like mad when taking certain corners, especially slow tight bends and corners with cambers or height differences.  This usually happens just before the front end washes away. ;)

Hawk

Vini

Quote from: Hawk_UK on November 02, 2014, 09:45:46 AM
That's the only thing that surprised me, in that Piboso didn't include the old rider and style as an optional extra.  :)

This

r1rossi

I am getting core .exe every time I finish one lap.

Frustrating.

On SPA , Catalunya, Mugello , and Aragon.

Any help would be nice.

Hawk

Quote from: r1rossi on November 02, 2014, 09:46:25 PM

Frustrating.

Any help would be nice.

Even with the core.exe problem present in GPbikes you shouldn't be getting core.exe's that often unless your just very unlucky...... Sounds to me like you could have a phone line that's not sync'd properly? Ask your phone company to test your line for noise and synchronisation.  ;)

You haven't got any of the old bike or helmet MODS from beta 5b installed have you? If so then delete them, they are of no use now until you download the new updated versions when they become available.

Uninstall any current MODS that work with beta 6c and run GPBikes with just default bikes and see if you still get the same problems; if not then you know what's causing the problem for you.

The only other things you could try are a system reg-clean and clean your system with ccleaner also.

Hope this helps.  ;)

Hawk.

Oriol

November 03, 2014, 02:31:01 AM #25 Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 02:42:59 AM by Oriol
Hola, acabo de instalar la nueva build beta 6 y no me funciona, al instalarla lo he hecho como siempre en la misma ruta que tenia de la versión anterior y dentro del juego no veo ni las motos que tenia del campeonato, la Yamaha YZR-M1 la YZF_R6 ni otras motos que había bajado. En la carpeta bikes si que están todas las motos, cuando abro el juego y quiero elegir moto se me clava el juego, también cuando llego a la página de los servidores donde hay las carreras creadas tengo mismash y se me clava siempre el juego. No se como solucionarlo.

Traductor Google in english:

Hi, I just installed the new beta 6 build and not work for me, to install I've done as always on the same route I had the previous version and ingame see neither the bikes had the championship, the Yamaha YZR- YZF_R6 M1 nor the other bikes he had fallen. The bikes folder if they are all the bikes, when I open the game and want to choose bike is I nailed the game, even when I get to the page of the servers where the created races have mismash and I always nailed the game. Do not know how to fix it.

HornetMaX

Quote from: ptrshpt on November 03, 2014, 05:11:47 AM
Quote from: HornetMaX on November 02, 2014, 09:20:50 AM
How do you know he's ignoring that ?

He hasn't answered the request for the riding style. We don't want something new. We want back what was removed. Is there a reason for the new riding style? He could say something. Will he do it? If yes, when?

The request for rider modding is something new and maybe isn't so easy to implement. I understand that. But if we can add new bikes, why can't we add new riders with different heights and riding styles?
He doesn't answer all the questions all the time, otherwise he wouldn't be writing down a single line of code.
Also, you're assuming that putting the old rider back is easy, which may not be the case.
And finally, if he took time to put in a new rider model, it's because he expects it to be better than the old one. So, if the new model has issues (and I can believe it has some), then you're more likely to get fixes to the new model than the old one back.

But again, compared to other issue we have, this is very low priority to me.

MaX.

r1rossi

Quote from: Hawk_UK on November 02, 2014, 10:36:31 PM
Quote from: r1rossi on November 02, 2014, 09:46:25 PM

Frustrating.

Any help would be nice.

Even with the core.exe problem present in GPbikes you shouldn't be getting core.exe's that often unless your just very unlucky...... Sounds to me like you could have a phone line that's not sync'd properly? Ask your phone company to test your line for noise and synchronisation.  ;)

You haven't got any of the old bike or helmet MODS from beta 5b installed have you? If so then delete them, they are of no use now until you download the new updated versions when they become available.

Uninstall any current MODS that work with beta 6c and run GPBikes with just default bikes and see if you still get the same problems; if not then you know what's causing the problem for you.

The only other things you could try are a system reg-clean and clean your system with ccleaner also.

Hope this helps.  ;)

Hawk.

Thank you.

No , I deleted all previous GPbikes info and mods , version etc. I will try to delete it all again and re download.
Clean computer etc.

Thank you again.

Ryan

Oriol

Quote from: Guimengo on November 03, 2014, 02:57:43 AM
No las puede veer porque tienen que ser actualizadas para funcionar com la nueva version del juego

Entonces lo que me ocurre de que el juego se me clava podría ser porqué tengo estas motos no actualizadas en la carpeta bikes?

-aGy-

Quote from: Oriol on November 03, 2014, 02:40:27 PM
Quote from: Guimengo on November 03, 2014, 02:57:43 AM
No las puede veer porque tienen que ser actualizadas para funcionar com la nueva version del juego

Entonces lo que me ocurre de que el juego se me clava podría ser porqué tengo estas motos no actualizadas en la carpeta bikes?

ENGLISH?