• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:03:39 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

CAWS MOD Team - TRACK RELEASE - Oliver's Mount

Started by Grooveski, July 10, 2018, 03:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grooveski

July 10, 2018, 03:52:47 PM Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 09:57:22 PM by Grooveski
Oliver's Mount V0.5
https://mega.nz/#!vlFHAaCK!pUXXUoTL6uRihw9EdbNnbhOseYNFQVNQbbM38lZNOn8

NOTE:  In order to view the track properly you must change:
drawdistance=2000
to:
drawdistance=20000
...in profile.ini
(\Documents\PiBoSo\GP Bikes\profiles\<your profile>\)

Still a lot to add.
...and the hedges need more work to break up the evenness.
Something wierd going on with the podium.

Davide74

A great start, I did some laps with the 250cc 2T and I loved the layout, great work.

Blackheart

Great job, and not looks empty for a 0.1 version, there are a lot of details here. 

grimm

Downloading now.... and here I thought I would get to the work in my shop I need to do.... might be a late night if I spend a wee bit of time on a proper road racing course. I've watched your thread for this track for a long time hoping for an early try at it to get released. Even in early stages, I'm excited to try it out. Thank you so much for the effort!  ;)

Syd

Very very nice indeed. Immersion is great! Detail is great!
And I managed a full lap without destroying the cafe, monument or any trees ::)
Is there an easy bike to do laps around here? It is a bit challenging with the sharp hairpins and the up/down GPB problems.

Oh and thanks! A lot of work, much appreciated

MultiCOOLFRESH

For me, the track crashes every time I try to load it  :(

MCF
Heeeeeey Hoooooo <br /><br />

Grooveski

Oh, are you trying to connect to the CAWS server - sorry, I never thought...   :-[
That's an old server we were using at the weekend for testing.  It's running an old version.
I'll ask Peter to take it down.

If it's crashing in testing mode -do you have the LAA hack applied?

Grooveski

Quote from: Syd on July 10, 2018, 07:13:20 PM
Is there an easy bike to do laps around here? It is a bit challenging with the sharp hairpins and the up/down GPB problems.

I run the 916 Strada - geared high so it's holding 2nd all the way up the hill.
...and hitting the jump flat out in 3rd. 

Grooveski

July 10, 2018, 08:24:59 PM #8 Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 01:07:34 PM by Grooveski
Peter's on the ball.   :)

Server has already been updated.

...and loaded with the usual CAWS selection - The Strada, the R6 CUP bike, the Manx Norton and the 350 Clubman.
...which if anyone can get round here in one piece you've got better clutch control than I'll ever have.  The Clubman was not built with hairpins in mind.   ;)

matty0l215

Well not uphill, off camber, tight as **** Hairpins :P
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

janaucarre

Wow, wow, wow
Groovesky you made a really great good job.
I know exactly the problem with track bump, how to do  clean road but there you did the best possible.
Thank you very much.
The guys racing in real life on this road are completely crazy, it is a russian roulett to go through the firts corners.
I like it.
Tried with moto2suter and made 1:54:725 in about 10 lap, with no settings changed max of the fifth gear up the map.
Really good.

Hawk

Quote from: Grooveski on July 10, 2018, 08:24:59 PM

...and loaded with the ongoing CAWS test bikes - The Strada, the R6 CUP bike, the Manx Norton and the 350 Clubman.
...which if anyone can get round here in one piece you've got better clutch control than I'll ever have.  The Clubman was not built with hairpins in mind.   ;)

I think this is where the 2 stroke mod bikes need a wider selection of gearing options in comparison to the 4 strokes.... I remember hearing Wayne Gardner say once that he had 98 gearing options to select from to get the correct gearing for the corners of one track he was racing at on the Honda NSR500.... I don't think we have one 2 stroke mod bike with anything near that many gearing options. :)

Meyer#12

Quote from: Grooveski on July 10, 2018, 08:24:59 PM

...and loaded with the ongoing CAWS test bikes - The Strada, the R6 CUP bike, the Manx Norton and the 350 Clubman.

I was close to getting the Clubman around there! Will probably give it a go again soon :D
Meyer#12

MultiCOOLFRESH

Quote from: Grooveski on July 10, 2018, 08:10:29 PM
Oh, are you trying to connect to the CAWS server - sorry, I never thought...   :-[
That's an old server we were using at the weekend for testing.  It's running an old version.
I'll ask Peter to take it down.

If it's crashing in testing mode -do you have the LAA hack applied?

It's crashing in testing mode, yep, I have LAA.

MCF
Heeeeeey Hoooooo <br /><br />

KG_03

Thats really weird. Yes the track is big...maybe thats the reason ?

I love the track, its very well made! Have done few laps and its addictive :-)