• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 07:39:55 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Brexit or not ?

Started by HornetMaX, June 20, 2016, 10:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 24, 2016, 08:37:16 AM
I'm as happy as Hawk for the smart boys that had the power.

But before calling it a great day, I'll suggest to take a look at the economic side of it: 120B GBP (billions) burnt on the London market since this morning. And counting ...

Don't worry about that Max.... It's just the bankers taking the opportunity to make big money.... It'll all calm down Max.
They cannot afford to let it fall too much so you just wait and see and it'll all calm down Max and surprise, surprise, it'll all start to stabilize again. Bankers love the opportunity to take advantage of these situations to make big trade deals and big money. I find it all SO FUNNY at how pathetic this system is, and just how much importance people hold to it! Hehe!  ;D

Now we've just got the pain of having to wait at least the two years of bureaucratic BS to actually leave the EU system.  >:(

But at least now we can look forward to Britain(the mother of the industrial world) being able to show the world how it's all done again!  ;D 8)

Well done UK for having the guts to do what's right! I was beginning  to doubt it but this result shows that the British spirit does indeed still live on! ;D 8)

As I just heard "Donald Trump" say: "It's a great day - the UK has took her country back". I'm not a fan of the guy but well said "Mr Trump"!!  You see Max, he knows how the financial system works more than most I would say, and he's not worried about what's going on in the markets. I've no doubt he's probably made another billion dollars from the financial turmoil that going on right now. Lol  ;D 8)

Hawk.
PS:@Borenlater: "Enjoy it while I can"? I presume you voted to remain. LOL!  :P ;D

Boerenlater

Quote from: Hawk on June 24, 2016, 09:07:35 AM

But before calling it a great day, I'll suggest to take a look at the economic side of it: 120B GBP (billions) burnt on the London market since this morning. And counting ...

Don't worry about that Max.... It's just the bankers taking the opportunity to make big money.... It'll all calm down Max.
They cannot afford to let it fall too much so you just wait and see and it'll all calm down Max and surprise, surprise, it'll all start to stabilize again. Bankers love the opportunity to take advantage of these situations to make big trade deals and big money. I find it all SO FUNNY at how pathetic this system is, and just how much importance people hold to it! Hehe!  ;D

Now we've just got the pain of having to wait at least the two years of bureaucratic BS to actually leave the EU system.  >:(

But at least now we can look forward to Britain(the mother of the industrial world) being able to show the world how it's all done again!  ;D 8)

Well done UK for having the guts to do what's right! I was beginning  to doubt it but this result shows that the British spirit does indeed still live on! ;D 8)

As I just heard "Donald Trump" say: "It's a great day - the UK has took her country back". I'm not a fan of the guy but well said "Mr Trump"!!  You see Max, he knows how the financial system works more than most I would say, and he's not worried about what's going on in the markets. I've no doubt he's probably made another billion dollars from the financial turmoil that going on right now. Lol  ;D 8)

Hawk.
PS:@Borenlater: "Enjoy it while I can"? I presume you voted to remain. LOL!  :P ;D
I'm not a British citizen so I could not vote.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Hawk

Quote from: PiBoSo on June 24, 2016, 09:07:11 AM

Goodbye UK...
So long, and thanks for all the fish and chips.

Why should it be good bye Pib? We can still all work together for a better world, and mark my words your country will probably be one of the next to do the same! :P;D

Hawk.

Hawk

Quote from: Boerenlater on June 24, 2016, 09:15:56 AM
Quote from: Hawk on June 24, 2016, 09:07:35 AM

Hawk.
I'm not a British citizen so I could not vote.
Then what were you talking about?  :)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on June 24, 2016, 09:16:09 AM
Quote from: PiBoSo on June 24, 2016, 09:07:11 AM

Goodbye UK...
So long, and thanks for all the fish and chips.

Why should it be good bye Pib? We can still all work together for a better world, and mark my words your country will probably be one of the next to do the same! :P;D

Hawk.
Curiosity, which country you're referring to ?
I'm not sure you know which country Piboso is from, otherwise you wouldn't say that.

CapeDoctor

the world was doing just fine before the EU, and it'll do just fine after it.  ;)

PiBoSo

Quote from: CapeDoctor on June 24, 2016, 09:38:57 AM
the world was doing just fine before the EU, and it'll do just fine after it.  ;)

???
Ever heard of a little thing called WWII?
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Napalm Nick

Ah look, the Remains are already bandwaggoning the "oh look at the pound" feeble last gasp, "told you so" patheticness, "it was an immigration vote racist" and strangely yet more scaremongering.

Three things I can say for Cameron so far:

1. He seems genuinely upset which means he probably genuinely thought Remain was right. I can respect that.
2. He has the decency to leave and let someone who actually believes Brexit was right to lead us on. I can respect that.
3. He hasn't immediately started blabbing about imminent disasters and I told you so's. I can respect that.

Now all he needs to do is go and find a pleb job (if he can) which might bring him all the way down to earth.

It seems there are a few non-UK citizens here now wishing the UK breaks up and we are plunged into despair. I cannot respect that.
Maybe start looking closer to home (French right trying to gain momentum for a Referendum to leave already!  :o).

Sorry but even if the UK now sinks below the waves no-one hiding under their beds not voting, or outside of the UK  can slag it off for going the direction of its people and saving democracy.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: PiBoSo on June 24, 2016, 09:43:52 AM
Quote from: CapeDoctor on June 24, 2016, 09:38:57 AM

???
Ever heard of a little thing called WWII?

Pib.... You surely don't honestly believe the bureaucracy of the EU has kept the peace in Europe for the last 51 years? You listen too much to the politicians.  :o ::)

@Max: I'm presuming from Piboso's statement that he is a resident of an EU country, otherwise what is he talking about?  Also I'd bet that Pib is an Italian from what we know of him(but I could be wrong. Lol).  Reveal yourself Mr Pib! Lol ;D

Hawk.

CapeDoctor

i always assumed PiBoSo to be Italian.....
so yes, tell us, dear PiB, where yo are living, mate...?   :)

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on June 24, 2016, 09:46:01 AM
Three things I can say for Cameron so far:

1. He seems genuinely upset which means he probably genuinely thought Remain was right. I can respect that.
Or maybe he thought that calling a referendum will put him in a stronger positiojn to negotiate with the EU even looser conditions for the UK "membership".
And in the end he got screwed by his own tactic. And a few others with him.

2. He has the decency to leave and let someone who actually believes Brexit was right to lead us on. I can respect that.
Me too. Except maybe he didn't really have any other choice.

3. He hasn't immediately started blabbing about imminent disasters and I told you so's. I can respect that.
Likely because he can't care less (now). He's done, but he probably has enough set (safely) aside to buy a small Caribbean island and drink pinacoladas served in virgins' belly buttons until the end of time.

It seems there are a few non-UK citizens here now wishing the UK breaks up and we are plunged into despair. I cannot respect that.
Maybe start looking closer to home (French right trying to gain momentum for a Referendum to leave already!  :o).
I mostly wish for Scotland to break for their own good, not to sink the UK: as a general rule, I tend to be in favor of splitting when you can't agree on 99% of the stuff you discuss.
It's funny how UK want's to be "independent" from the EU but when it's Scotland willing to be independent from the UK the speech is quite a bit different.

But I bear no grudge now that UK is out: I would have if it were to stay in the EU (at his own special conditions).

Sorry but even if the UK now sinks below the waves no-one hiding under their beds not voting, or outside of the UK  can slag it off for going the direction of its people and saving democracy.
I absolutely agree that the referendum result must be honored (and that, whatever the outcome). But Cameron wanted to play the whole thing too smartly and got caught in his own trap.That's what  he's being slagged off.

Quote from: Hawk on June 24, 2016, 10:00:52 AM
Pib.... You surely don't honestly believe the bureaucracy of the EU has kept the peace in Europe for the last 51 years? You listen too much to the politicians.  :o ::)
The EU surely contributed a lot in keeping a relative peace around in Europe. Mostly, without the help of the US/UK.

@Max: I'm presuming from Piboso's statement that he is a resident of an EU country, otherwise what is he talking about?  Also I'd bet that Pib is an Italian from what we know of him(but I could be wrong. Lol).  Reveal yourself Mr Pib! Lol ;D
But what makes you think Italy will do the same as the UK ?!

h106frp

June 24, 2016, 12:20:46 PM #146 Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 12:23:25 PM by h106frp
Why do you think we oppress Scotland? Mel Gibson's version of history took quite a lot of liberties  ;)

The SNP only represent half of Scotland and the last Scottish minister who pinned his career on it is now unemployed.

I am happy for Scotland to do whatever it thinks is right for its own future, interestingly Wales voted out.

What did the Romans do for us? Hadrian's Wall  ;D

Is Spain intending to free Catalonia?

Few places France might consider giving back
n South American: French Guiana.
In the Atlantic Ocean: Saint Pierre and Miquelon and, in the Antilles: Guadeloupe, Martinique, Saint Martin and Saint Barthélemy.
In the Pacific Ocean: French Polynesia, the special collectivity of New Caledonia, Wallis and Futuna and Clipperton Island.
In the Indian Ocean: Réunion island, Scattered Islands in the Indian Ocean, Crozet Islands, St. Paul and Amsterdam islands.
In the Indian Ocean: Kerguelen Islands.
In the Antarctic: Adélie Land.
Corsica

All in fun  ;)

Napalm Nick

England want Scotland to stay United of course! We love the Scots, our age old neighbours (with a few petty squabbles) for thousands of years. I don't remember any referendum asking the English if they wanted Scotland to go Independent? As I remember the Scottish people voted to remain realising we are still stronger together, as history tells.

Now I feel sorry for Scottish people really. Already the SNP are throwing away their peoples democratic decision of not wanting independence from the UK, under the guise of "but the EU said we had to stay in the UK to remain an EU trader". What a political spin  - another referendum is just their party's way of having another go at the Independence vote, ignoring the peoples choice - hmmm just like some other fascist countries we could mention.  - I can see them rubbing their hands with glee at the second chance this has brought - and to be honest it really smacks of the party's cowardice that exit scares them so much they want to fall back into the EU short term safety net. If I was Scottish I would be very angry at their 'leaders' for dismissing their peoples views so glibly and consider their position.
I hope the Scottish people don't fall for that one.

On a funnier note giving away our Sovereignty to Europe is an actual act of treason no matter how you look at it. I quite like the idea of rounding up the traitors (Remain camp), and spending the saved EU money building prisons.  Cutting the population roughly in half (well a poor 48%) and incarcerating them (treason still equals life imprisonment) will instantly cure any unemployment problems, housing problems, and a myriad of other problems (maybe not welfare problems but hey). Failing that, hopefully they will all 'migrate' into the EU safety net. Get ready for an influx of UK immigrants!
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 24, 2016, 11:36:37 AM

The EU surely contributed a lot in keeping a relative peace around in Europe. Mostly, without the help of the US/UK.

I think you'll find that NATO is the main reason peace has reined in Europe since it's formation and not the BS bureaucratic economical system of the EU Max.  ;)

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 24, 2016, 11:36:37 AM
But what makes you think Italy will do the same as the UK ?!

Well already other countries are talking about having a referendum themselves now they've seen the result from the UK, so how long do you think it will be till Italy and the rest do the same?

A Scottish Ref on Independence: Go for it Scotland!  ;D

Now Northern Ireland want an independence ref too! Woo Hooo!!! Hehe!  ;D 8)

Sometimes people/countries need to jump into the fire before they realise systems need to change........ This is part of the major shift we needed, so  with all that's happened and is likely to transpire as a result then this is indeed a greater day than I ever dreamed off!  ;D  8)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: h106frp on June 24, 2016, 12:20:46 PM
Why do you think we oppress Scotland? Mel Gibson's version of history took quite a lot of liberties  ;)
Because they very clearly want to stay in the EU and they won't be able to ?
Because when the last referendum was done (and they have chosen to stay), our friend David has been fairly explicit about this being some sort of final decision (like in "no new referendum in the next 10 years") ?
Because Scotland is much more sensible to social policies than the UK (but they still have to swallow UK decisions) ?
Because when they were very vocal about (just an example) the bedroom tax, the chaps in London said "Yeah yeah. Just swallow the pill pal, ok ? " ?

Is Spain intending to free Catalonia?
Unlikely. Should they ? Probably. I'd say it's up to the Catalans to decide.
I can argue I think it's better for them to stay, but if they want to go then I'd let it be.

We've seen in the past that if you want people with different opinions to stay, you have to give them something.
If you don't intend to do so, it's better to let them go. For both.

Few places France might consider giving back
n South American: French Guiana.
In the Atlantic Ocean: Saint Pierre and Miquelon and, in the Antilles: Guadeloupe, Martinique, Saint Martin and Saint Barthélemy.
In the Pacific Ocean: French Polynesia, the special collectivity of New Caledonia, Wallis and Futuna and Clipperton Island.
In the Indian Ocean: Réunion island, Scattered Islands in the Indian Ocean, Crozet Islands, St. Paul and Amsterdam islands.
In the Indian Ocean: Kerguelen Islands.
In the Antarctic: Adélie Land.
Corsica
Any of them (including Corsica) are very free to go if they want, if you ask me.
But none of them (including Corsica) actually really wants to go. Corsica is the only one where you have some sort of willingness to go (but even this, it's very minor). French DOM TOM are very happy to stay french as far as I know.

Quote from: Hawk on June 24, 2016, 12:57:30 PM
I think you'll find that NATO is the main reason peace has reined in Europe since it's formation and not the BS bureaucratic economical system of the EU Max.  ;)
Yeah sure, the NATO ... our good american friends ... real pace-keepers. And I'm the one swallowing the bullshit ...

Well already other countries are talking about having a referendum themselves now they've seen the result from the UK, so how long do you think it will be till Italy and the rest do the same?
Which countries ? Nobody has even started discussing a potential referendum. You're picking up some noise about what could potentially happen and transforming it into "it's happening right now".
In Italy there's no discussion at all.

The only thing that is really happening is that a meeting of the (now) 27 EU nations is planned for next week to discuss (without the UK) how to handle the Brexit.
And the first signs do not seem to indicate the EU will be as tender as many of the leave leaders said it would be. The message is: out is out.

A Scottish Ref on Independence: Go for it Scotland!  ;D

Now Northern Ireland want an independence ref too! Woo Hooo!!! Hehe!  ;D 8)

Sometimes people/countries need to jump into the fire before they realise systems need to change........ This is part of the major shift we needed, so  with all that's happened and is likely to transpire as a result then this is indeed a greater day than I ever dreamed off!  ;D  8)
:o
Do you realize SCo and NI are talking about independence from the UK, not from the EU ?