• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 07:12:47 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Brexit or not ?

Started by HornetMaX, June 20, 2016, 10:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on July 05, 2016, 10:01:37 AM
Quote from: Hawk on July 05, 2016, 09:53:26 AM
Lol..... You pick probably the only story the news has covered in the last two week about a questionable positive of leaving the EU..... Can you show me three? No, I will be kind to you... Show me just 2 more positive stories from the BBC, and I bet you cannot find them, which just goes to prove my point.  :)
Because you think cutting corp taxes is positive for you ?  :o

For sure IF he did that then it would be more attractive for business to invest in the UK... I'm surprised you cannot see that Max.  :)

Hawk.

girlracerTracey

Thought this might titillate and amuse mainstream media junkie Maximilian this morning..  ;)

Operation Mockingbird in action?

https://www.youtube.com/v/sGqi-k213eE

grT

BozoCRO

Quote from: HornetMaX on July 04, 2016, 10:45:15 PM
Quote from: BozoCRO on July 04, 2016, 10:37:18 PM
What makes it so precious that anyone who expresses doubt about it is instantly called an idiot or worse?
By who ?

So from all that I wrote, only this troubles you???!

Primarily media, then analysts, PR campaigns (spin doctors), etc...

Can see the similar thing happening now in UK.
For example, reading Croatian media a month ago Boris Johnson was a former mayor of London. Today he's a former mayor of London and an idiot. Period.
Don't know anything about him, but apparently he became an idiot in the last month or so.

Hawk

@BozoCRO: Believe me, Boris Johnson(Tory Party Politician) is not an idiot, he's a very skillfull politician hence his popularity here in the UK. The fact that he has just been stabbed in the back by his fellow Tory MP's which has caused him to step back from his ambitions for a while doesn't change that. What it does say is that in politics it's probably the person you trust most that you have got to be very mindful of.
And for reference - I'm certainly no Tory Party supporter.  :P

@grt: Just goes to confirm to me my suspicions that all journalists these days are trained/brain-washed to sensationalise and see/report only negatives for news stories...... Good news stories tend to be almost non-existent and even when reported are regarded as news show fillers rather than serious news items.

I'm convinced there is a huge market out there for good and positive news programs if they'd only let themselves see it.  :)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on July 05, 2016, 10:09:37 AM
For sure IF he did that then it would be more attractive for business to invest in the UK... I'm surprised you cannot see that Max.  :)
I can see that all good. What you can't see (and somehow I'm not surprised) is that if countries start a race to cut corporate taxes, the ones that will suffer from it are the common people (you, me).
Today you have a bunch of corporations working in the UK, they pay 20%. Starting tomorrow, assuming they stay, they will pay 15%. Who do you think will gain from that ? And who will lose from that ?

And before you go with the argument "if we don't lower it to 15% then we lose it all, so better to lose 5% than 20%", yes, that's true.
But then don't be surprised if other countries (or the EU) retaliate (economically I mean). A market place has rules: if you disregard the rules, the others will do the same with you.

Quote from: BozoCRO on July 05, 2016, 10:18:00 AM
The rest you wrote is simply that you don't believe in anything the EU has done or will ever do. Totally your right, but not a lot I can do about that.
I can only advise to get on a plane (quickly) and settle in the UK. I'm sure they will welcome you all right. Maybe :)

For example, reading Croatian media a month ago Boris Johnson was a former mayor of London. Today he's a former mayor of London and an idiot. Period.
Don't know anything about him, but apparently he became an idiot in the last month or so.
He's not an idiot (strict sense), of course. But he spectacularly promised 350 millions GBP/week to be used for the NHS instead of being "given" to the EU: the number was utterly wrong, the promise totally impossible to materialize (and he knew both things very well) and after his camp won, he stepped down from everything. Maybe that contributed a bit in tarnishing his image ...

Napalm Nick

What better way to capture all the morons votes?? Stick some appealing half-truths on a bus (cos its pretty big) and reel them in with no EU fishing quotas attached. Pretty clever if you can live with it and Boris seems to be able to. I don't think having a conscience is allowed to be a politician.

I don't want any of these people in. Not one of them. Too far removed from the country they are supposedly supporting. When was the last time they tried to get a job, a hospital appointment, a dentist appointment, a house paid for with a mortgage. Like the Queen they probably think fresh air smells of Gloss paint.

I want to give my vote to Joe Bloggs of number 10 Average Street. :D Where are you Joe?
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on July 05, 2016, 11:29:36 AM
I don't think having a conscience is allowed to be a politician.
That's one of today's big problems in my opinion: it is allowed, it's just not encouraged enough by voters.

BozoCRO

Quote from: HornetMaX on July 05, 2016, 11:06:56 AM

The rest you wrote is simply that you don't believe in anything the EU has done or will ever do. Totally your right, but not a lot I can do about that.
I can only advise to get on a plane (quickly) and settle in the UK. I'm sure they will welcome you all right. Maybe :)

You just keep missing the point. Still not entirely sure is it on purpose. I honestly don't care under what government I live as long as it means progress for the whole society.
I don't have love or hate for EU, just disappointment.

I'm afraid that I'am not wlecomed yet in most of EU. Just Germany and Ireland so far. Not European enough for the rest I guess.  ;)

He's not an idiot (strict sense), of course. But he spectacularly promised 350 millions GBP/week to be used for the NHS instead of being "given" to the EU: the number was utterly wrong, the promise totally impossible to materialize (and he knew both things very well) and after his camp won, he stepped down from everything. Maybe that contributed a bit in tarnishing his image ...
Ok, see the point. A bit rude, but ok.
So tell me when a representative of the EU, can't remember which one, promises hundreds of millions € from EU development funds to my country and we end up with a few million, why isn't he labeled as an idiot by the media?
Doesn't seem objective, or fair. Which should be the foundation of free (european) media. 

Hawk

Quote from: Hawk on July 05, 2016, 10:09:37 AM
I can see that all good. What you can't see (and somehow I'm not surprised) is that if countries start a race to cut corporate taxes, the ones that will suffer from it are the common people (you, me).
Today you have a bunch of corporations working in the UK, they pay 20%. Starting tomorrow, assuming they stay, they will pay 15%. Who do you think will gain from that ? And who will lose from that ?

And before you go with the argument "if we don't lower it to 15% then we lose it all, so better to lose 5% than 20%", yes, that's true.
But then don't be surprised if other countries (or the EU) retaliate (economically I mean). A market place has rules: if you disregard the rules, the others will do the same with you.

Yes of course I realise that other markets/countries could choose to follow suit, but from the current rates of the main EU countries Corp Tax then I doubt that very much Max or it would've already been the case because the UK's Corp Tax rate is already very low compared to countries such as Germany and France, so that blows that theory out of the water big time.

You can put up arguments anyway you like to try and shoot another persons reasoning down Max, but truth is no one knows the response of such actions until there are acted upon.... So you'd rather advocate better lay with the devil you know than go for change, right Max?  Typical EU supporter, and why we shouldn't listen to remainers reasonings or have an EU remain supporter as Prime Minister.... Brain-washed Max, you've been brain-washed mate! Lol! :P  ;D

Hawk.

h106frp

Ah well, looks to be Hungary to be next in line to defy the EU

'Hungary will hold a referendum on October 2 on troubled EU plans to relocate migrants among member states, a scheme fiercely opposed by right-wing Prime Minister Viktor Orban, the president said Tuesday.'

HornetMaX

Quote from: BozoCRO on July 05, 2016, 11:42:30 AM
I'm afraid that I'am not wlecomed yet in most of EU. Just Germany and Ireland so far. Not European enough for the rest I guess.  ;)
And don't you think this is something the EU tries to change ?
Don't you think that the EU's "free movement of people" principle is something that also tries to fight against the stupid behavior of some ?

Quote from: BozoCRO on July 05, 2016, 11:42:30 AM
So tell me when a representative of the EU, can't remember which one, promises hundreds of millions € from EU development funds to my country and we end up with a few million, why isn't he labeled as an idiot by the media?
I can't say, without the details. You may be right, maybe the media took sides (which is bad but inevitable).
But it doesn't change a lot with respect to the judgement on BJ.

Quote from: Hawk on July 05, 2016, 11:57:34 AM
Brain-washed Max, you've been brain-washed mate! Lol! :P  ;D
Yawn, OK. Get out, close your borders and all your problems are gone instantly. By the way, if you can move your border from Calais back to the UK, that would be much appreciated here in France. You want to take control of your immigration, no ? So let's start putting your border in the UK instead of France. Unsurprisingly, many leaders here in France are already asking to review the "Le Touquet" agreement ... I'm sure you'll say it's retaliation ...

Quote from: h106frp on July 05, 2016, 01:34:09 PM
'Hungary will hold a referendum on October 2 on troubled EU plans to relocate migrants among member states, a scheme fiercely opposed by right-wing Prime Minister Viktor Orban, the president said Tuesday.'
Interesting, but hardly a big surprise, from the man who said that [non-EU migrants relocation across EU countries] "could redraw Europe's cultural and religious identity" ... religious identity ?!  Yeah man, bring back the inquisition and make the world a better place.

Notice however the Hungarian referendum only concerns the relocation plan, not EU membership: Hungary seems to be OK to take some migrants, but they want to be in control of how many (instead of agreeing some general rules to be applied to any state in the EU). From that point of view, they are better than the UK: the UK simply opted out of the plan ... like in "Hey David, we have a bunch of dying migrants in IT and GR, wanna help ?" "No thanks. Let other states take care of them. Or let them just die in IT and GR."

Side note: how does a referendum in (less than) 3 months from now sound in terms of "surfing the emotional wave" ? :)

h106frp

The problem at Calais is not with EU citizens and desperately needs solving by a body more like the UN.
Shifting huge volumes of illegal immigrants (with a small percentage of genuine refugees) across european states is not the answer to their home countries problems and is causing turmoil for everyone involved.

HornetMaX

Quote from: h106frp on July 05, 2016, 03:14:17 PM
The problem at Calais is not with EU citizens and desperately needs solving by a body more like the UN.
Shifting huge volumes of illegal immigrants (with a small percentage of genuine refugees) across european states is not the answer to their home countries problems and is causing turmoil for everyone involved.
I may partially agree, but still: why is the UK border in France ?!

h106frp

Do not know, but why cant France control its southern borders?

HornetMaX

Quote from: h106frp on July 05, 2016, 04:06:55 PM
Do not know, but why cant France control its southern borders?

Because some migrants arrive with a truly terrible situation and only a soulless bureaucrat (and/or racist) could turn the back on them ?
Or maybe because the UK provides too much help on the subject to countries that need it (IT, GR, FR, ES) ?

At any rate, let's start afresh: the UK takes his border back and then we discuss who does what and see how good the UK is in controlling its southern border (when it's not in France).
At some point you'll have to start enjoying your independence.

More concrete: "3 UK commercial property funds suspend redemption" .
If it is unclear what that means, I suggest to google it and check if you have money tied in similar funds because in the end it's always the small fishes that pay the bill.
Of course if you have money in one of the 3 that have suspended, you can only cross fingers.

And no, I'm not rejoicing about the news because, as I said, I think that in the end it will be the ones at the bottom of the ladder that will pay the price of all that madness. And I'm sorry for them, no matter if they voted leave or stay.