• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 03:11:33 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GP Bikes beta9

Started by PiBoSo, September 30, 2016, 07:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r1rossi

I am wondering if my crashing problem has something to do with computer settings or graphics card etc.

I have used this computer for my entire time playing GPbikes so i dont know if this beta is higher quality requirements or something..

there is now 3 people having the same problem.

No mod bikes. everything was deleted and downloaded the game only .

Urban Chaos 2.0

Quote from: r1rossi on October 03, 2016, 02:23:40 PM
I am wondering if my crashing problem has something to do with computer settings or graphics card etc.

I have used this computer for my entire time playing GPbikes so i dont know if this beta is higher quality requirements or something..

there is now 3 people having the same problem.

No mod bikes. everything was deleted and downloaded the game only .

Strange. Delete everything one more time, then delete the the Piboso folder in your documents folder. Re-install GP Bikes and open AL, and run as an administrator. Set all graphics settings to low as well, and run it in a window. See how that affects things.

Stout Johnson

October 03, 2016, 03:15:44 PM #107 Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 03:27:14 PM by Stout Johnson
Quote from: BOBR6 84 on October 03, 2016, 11:53:21 AM
Grip levels feel ok to me.. Had plenty of slides, drifts and sudden step out's etc all seems good.. Throttle map has given us alot more control.. Noticed that on turn 2 victoria straight away! Holding constant throttle used to send the bike wide but now it feels good!

Braking... Although it seems great how the bike behaves on the brakes now, it doesn't translate to what im doing with the trigger... Way too forgiving! Also if i brake with some lean angle the bike should want to sit up and stop me from turning.
I agree with much you are saying BOBR6, except for the way slides are happening. Of course there are slides and sudden step outs, but the grip level is just too borderline. Try to do a controlled slide like the one above by Hayden. With a 200+hp it bike should always be a struggle to get the power on to the tarmac, it should never be a problem to slide the rear, even with the "throttle mapping". Throttle mapping was introduced before TC was introduced and was aimed at keeping the bike from being unrideable due to the unpredictable power delivery, but it certainly was not designed to keep the rear from spinning completely and make the bike slower. Everybody can do it with a high-powered street bike, yet in GPB it simply is impossible with a MotoGP bike!!!

And with a small lean angle it is no rocket science to slide a rear, because if you do not have much lean the rear can't step out uncontrollably. Just go to your local Yamaha dealer, pick up a R1 for a test ride, manage to turn off TC completely (probably the hardest thing to do), select direct throttle responsiveness, take the bike for a spin, pick a free road, get the rpm's somewhere to ~6000 and the violently twist the throttle - you will have a power slide and it won't do any harm as long as you do not have much of a lean angle. It really is that easy.
https://www.youtube.com/v/-LjqH_3Ud8A

@Piboso: I do not claim that this has anything to do with beta9. I have reported this issue before. It used to be slightly better back in beta4 if I remember correctly. But in latest betas, the too high grip has been a constant issue. The reason I (and several others) are bringing it up now, is that beta9 physics seem to be close to perfect now (again: big compliment Piboso!!!), except for the grip level, which still is too high and too borderline.
Also @Piboso: Do you have an explanation why the grip level with slick tyres in wet conditions seems to be much higher if you haven't changed anything grip-wise? Again, I do not think it can be power-curve related since the difference is also noticeable without applying throttle by just rolling during lean.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

r1rossi

Strange. Delete everything one more time, then delete the the Piboso folder in your documents folder. Re-install GP Bikes and open AL, and run as an administrator. Set all graphics settings to low as well, and run it in a window. See how that affects things.
[/quote]

I did that this morning again for my 4th attempt lol.

Anytime i hit the open  AL it does nothing , nothing opens ?

Here are my settings i used for the B8 and no issues ;

EdouardB

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on October 03, 2016, 11:53:21 AMAlso if i brake with some lean angle the bike should want to sit up and stop me from turning.

I'm suprised you're saying that considering we ride almost the same bike in real life. When I trail brake into the corners with my R6 it does want to "sit up" a little bit but I apply pressure on my inside arm and the lean angle doesn't change - it's pretty much the same in the game... Also when you brake hard and lean, your rake angle is actually smaller so it helps the bike turn. Maybe we have different setups though.

Vini

i don't get why you are repeating the same thing over and over again.
piboso already said that the tyres of the mura tyres need significant tuning (max possibly found a bug in the tyre data?).
the mura rear tyre has always been extremely unrealistic, don't understand why you are all starting with this now.

...i agree that the physics have greatly improved, but the misaligned and too light front end is still there.

Stout Johnson

Quote from: vin97 on October 03, 2016, 04:49:12 PM
i don't get why you are repeating the same thing over and over again.
Basically for the same reason you keep posting about your knee detection stuff - because I want to help make this sim better. Btw, I don't get why you are pissing on my leg, I did not attack you...

other reasons ...
Quote from: PiBoSo on October 03, 2016, 08:55:08 AM
Quote from: JamoZ on October 03, 2016, 05:25:45 AM
Quote from: Urban Chaos 2.0 on October 02, 2016, 10:55:18 PM
Very very nice. Everything is much improved. Bikes are more stable, and grip levels are much more realistic as well.
The one thing that didn`t become more realistic are the grip levels. Opening up a motogp bike under quite an angle and without traction control in 1st, 2nd or 3rd gear should almost always result in a highsider or at least the rear wheel stepping out quite violently. Right now i can just floor it in 1st gear coming out of a hairpin and the bike just has perfect grip without TC.

Now i understand why you think pCARS is a sim...
One more time: the tyre simulation and the tyre physics data HAVEN'T been changed.

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on October 03, 2016, 11:53:21 AM
Grip levels feel ok to me..
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

HornetMaX

Quote from: r1rossi on October 03, 2016, 03:20:48 PM
OpenAL is a software library, when you tick the box it installs it, nothing to open.

Sorry, I have zero clue about your problem, maybe I'd try different compatibility options (right click on GPB icon or .exe, select properties, then compatibility tab).

doubledragoncc

I had a guy use my system today and he was kinda crap, but it showed a BIG error in respawn..................Going out of the pit lane he crashed and ended up facing the wrong way, total bitch to get out of so it is right but also wrong to have the respawn in such a way.

You must think of learners and how GPB works. A rider stuck across the pit lane is not going to help but will happen. It is rare but how many more situations will it take until you know this respawn system will not work

Please think about the fact a simulation can only really function as close to reality only to a certain limit, then it gets stupid unrealistic. Think outside of the box and fuck the text books.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

BOBR6 84

Surely the respawn stuff is ok as it is??  ;D ;D could always make a server rule.. crash = race over. just like BSB  ;)

doubledragoncc

No BOBPPPPP as in certain circumstances it is impossible to turn around and object collision       
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

r1rossi

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 03, 2016, 06:34:32 PM
OpenAL is a software library, when you tick the box it installs it, nothing to open.

Sorry, I have zero clue about your problem, maybe I'd try different compatibility options (right click on GPB icon or .exe, select properties, then compatibility tab).

Im sorry but how do i change or what do i change the compatibility settings to?

TFC

Mx simulator handles crashes ok, the bike stops where it stops, the rider holds on to the bars the whole time and ragdolls, then stands the bike up and rotates the bike pointing towards the track.

The holding on to the bars part is a bit goofy, but the rotating to face the track direction is animated and seems to work quite well.

Just food for thought. Haven't tried the new system but the feedback has been interesting, looking forward to seeing how it works in mxb.

HornetMaX

Quote from: r1rossi on October 03, 2016, 07:25:34 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on October 03, 2016, 06:34:32 PM

Im sorry but how do i change or what do i change the compatibility settings to?
There's a compatibility mode drop down list. But to be honest I've never heard of anybody needing to play with this setting to run GPB in a win7 system.

r1rossi

Im on windows 10 right now but the previous beta worked fine..