• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

GPBikes Owners Club | Special Race | EVENT 9 | Club Jacket Thrash | COMPLETE

Started by Napalm Nick, August 17, 2015, 02:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

No no! Everyone was a winner here because of the fun and 'barrier thrills'. Besides who came third in the first GP800 Cup championship race????? Far more prestigious than a car park thrash. Besides Blackheart didn't wear his Club Jacket so he is disqualified anyway. Oh wait........  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

matty0l215

For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

CapeDoctor

you might have noticed that i 'personalised' my club jacket a bit- lol, i don't know if that's against the rules, but i hope not.
darn, i'm disappointed about not making the race - i love the Avus track, really simple, just all about that first hairpin.
another track that i've found myself enjoying immensely is the Daytona 200 circuit - not sure why, i'm not usually a big fan of the oval style race, but this one is a nice mix of half-oval and half-twisty bits, and is actually good fun, as well.
anyone have a replay of last night's race?
so, off to sort out some better bandwidth today, i can't dick around like this much longer, i wanna race!  8)

btw, my best actual lap so far is a 54.6. somehow i managed an ideal best time of 53.1, so it's still possible to get down to that, at least for me.  ;D

matty0l215

Quote from: CapeDoctor on August 21, 2015, 07:02:14 AM
you might have noticed that i 'personalised' my club jacket a bit- lol, i don't know if that's against the rules, but i hope not.
darn, i'm disappointed about not making the race - i love the Avus track, really simple, just all about that first hairpin.
another track that i've found myself enjoying immensely is the Daytona 200 circuit - not sure why, i'm not usually a big fan of the oval style race, but this one is a nice mix of half-oval and half-twisty bits, and is actually good fun, as well.
anyone have a replay of last night's race?
so, off to sort out some better bandwidth today, i can't dick around like this much longer, i wanna race!  8)

btw, my best actual lap so far is a 54.6. somehow i managed an ideal best time of 53.1, so it's still possible to get down to that, at least for me.  ;D

I would need a copy of your defaced club jacket please. :P

CapeDoctor

matty, unless i buggered up somewhere while working on the skins, it should be the one i uploaded. let me double-check.
the skull should be replaced with an iron maiden eddie face, and a few other extra bits 'n pieces.... AC/DC patch, and such, lolz  ;D

edit: still working on an updated one, jacket covered in pop badges, heheh. will upload it when done  ;)

matty0l215

Okay mate. I thought you had a seperate suit skin from the bikes (BTW you can make a seperate suit if you didn't know ;) )

Napalm Nick

Club Jacket Personalisation is OK now that we have a Matty in charge of skins to distribute it. Keeping it recognise-able is important of course.

'54 times at Avus are awesome for us 'normals'. 54 was my best anyway.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

CapeDoctor

i must say i've found Avus to be one of the most stable tracks yet, not a single core crash with it, and whereas the default Victoria track crashes each time i change a bike skin/helmet/whatever, here i can chop 'n change skins/suits all day no long, not even a stutter. why is that, i wonder? ....  ???

Napalm Nick

Maybe, but it needs some work on plugging the holes and more importantly the 'getting stuck inside the barrier if you crash on the straight bit' (happens more often than you might think when racing/starting on grid).

Interesting observation which, with further investigation and a fruitful answer to your question, might help in identifying one of the core reasons. Shame it will probably go unnoticed.