• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 06:00:20 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

PC spec.

Started by Toomes1, July 07, 2016, 06:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toomes1

Hi everyone, need some advice on graphic cards and monitor display.
I'm in the process of building a new PC....now I'm into flight sims and car sims l don't really have much of a problem choosing a graphics card although any recommendations would be much appreciated but knowing what monitor to get has left me very confused..... I would like to keep this setup completely asus brand so suggestions please and thanks.

JamoZ

matty0l215

And for a sensable awnser ;) :P

I run an AMD fx6300 stock clock and an AMD R9 290 and i can go 60fps+ on gpb all day

Nvidia is the way to go for flight sims but you need a high end card (any 80 or above on there range, 880 980 etc) as for display, go to a shop and look at loads and find one you like the look of. It's lersonal prefrence.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

BOBR6 84

How much is that monitor?  :o

i just bought a 27'' Asus monitor for a decent price from overclockers.. av a look on there toomes..

h106frp

What are you upgrading from, and what is the budget?

Is noise/power consumption an issue, high end cards can need a PSU upgrade and fan noise can be a problem - cannot beat a 750ti for low power and low noise at a sensible price

HornetMaX

I second h106frp approach: you always start from the budget.

21:9 is very tempting for your applications (flight / car sims), you could have some extended FOV, makes a lot for immersion. Curved could be nice too.

I've and I've had plenty of Asus stuff (mulitple GPUs, mycurrent MoBo and LCD, all very good), but I can grant you that being partial to a brand makes little sense. Don't limit yuur search to Asus just becasue you're hooked in: that's exactly what they want you to do :)

doubledragoncc

I seriously recommend anything from ASUS ROG dept. Just look at all the reviews and they hit top all the time. They have an offer on GTX970's for just over 200 clams and ROG hardware runs colder than a witches tit.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Toomes1

Quote from: h106frp on July 07, 2016, 08:44:14 PM

Is noise/power consumption an issue, high end cards can need a PSU upgrade and fan noise can be a problem - cannot beat a 750ti for low power and low noise at a sensible price

I'm upgrading from a very low spec PC and the budget is.... Well jamoz has posted the monitor for me but now deciding on 980 or 1080. The system is going to be completely watercooled so I'm building from scratch already have Asus maximus Vlll formula and the i7 6700 4ghz chip received yesterday. Cheers bob I've been looking at overclockers also scan, the good thing is my son can get anything I want and I don't have to pay the vat so thats happy days.
Cheers for the reply guys.

doubledragoncc

Overclockers have the ASUS Strix cards(THE BEST) and waterblocks for them.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

h106frp

980 v 1080, twice the performance but twice the price   ;D

JamoZ

Quote from: Toomes1 on July 07, 2016, 09:50:28 PM
Quote from: h106frp on July 07, 2016, 08:44:14 PM

I'm upgrading from a very low spec PC and the budget is.... Well jamoz has posted the monitor for me but now deciding on 980 or 1080. The system is going to be completely watercooled so I'm building from scratch already have Asus maximus Vlll formula and the i7 6700 4ghz chip received yesterday. Cheers bob I've been looking at overclockers also scan, the good thing is my son can get anything I want and I don't have to pay the vat so thats happy days.
Cheers for the reply guys.

Don`t go for a regular 980. If you want to save a little bit of money going for the 900 series, go for the 980ti at least. If you want to go triple screen or VR in the future, or want to have usable FPS on high resolutions, you want to get the 1080 for the 8 gb ddrx vram.

JamoZ

Oh, i just posted that monitor as a joke tbh, that is the most insane monitor i know. I would happily trade in my 3 screens for that thing  ::)

Toomes1

Quote from: HornetMaX on July 07, 2016, 09:13:25 PM
I second h106frp approach: you always start from the budget.

21:9 is very tempting for your applications (flight / car sims), you could have some extended FOV, makes a lot for immersion. Curved could be nice too.

I've and I've had plenty of Asus stuff (mulitple GPUs, mycurrent MoBo and LCD, all very good), but I can grant you that being partial to a brand makes little sense. Don't limit yuur search to Asus just becasue you're hooked in: that's exactly what they want you to do :)

Totally agree with you Max but I'm bloody hooked on the brand.... I've already build the system in my head, this PC I intend to pimp up so a big ass tower with some cool lighting.

h106frp

Some very unique modded systems on the overclockers forum if you want some inspiration

Toomes1

Quote from: h106frp on July 07, 2016, 10:23:07 PM
Some very unique modded systems on the overclockers forum if you want some inspiration

Yes I've been studying the 8pack systems for the spec also the extreme overclockers forum for some inspiration on the customised gallery topic. I'm by no means a rich man but I do intend on going for higher end + future proof.
Anyway guys sleepy sleep for me now.