• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 01:37:00 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

A try at modelling - WIP

Started by h106frp, January 03, 2016, 11:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h106frp

Quote from: doubledragoncc on July 10, 2016, 08:59:50 AM
Thankyou so much H.

So if I take my A1 paints they wont work unless I add the wheel tga for A3/4? Meaning all paints must be repacked with extra wheel tga added?

We are loving your bikes dude

DD

A1 paints have not been compatible since A2 when i altered the UV for the fairing and some other bits, you should be OK after that

You do not have to add both wheel sets but it does mean you do not need to create multiple paints for each bike, GPB defaults to the base livery if it does not find a paint, if it locates a paint it will swop them out. Quite neat if you have bikes with only minor differences

doubledragoncc

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

h106frp

CapeDoctor

thanks for the updates, mate!  8)
it's a stunning looking bike, both in the real world and in your 3d model  ;D

CapeDoctor

July 12, 2016, 03:44:18 PM #379 Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 03:46:51 PM by CapeDoctor
is this problem of the overheating hard tyres a general GPB problem, or is it specific to these Ducati's?
if i'm not mistaken, the MotoPG mod bikes of Manu suffer a similar issue...? (still need to confirm that with the latest version, though)
i just went for a spin around Imola, and while i was still (in my mind) trying to warm the tyres up, the back started slipping around as if toast - went back to the garage to find the tyres around the 100-110 degree mark - that after not even 2 laps....!  :o

h106frp

July 12, 2016, 04:07:44 PM #380 Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 05:27:22 PM by h106frp
The tyre parameters are the default Mura but this bike has less power so i guess the problem is generic. I have a fairly balanced c of g front to rear as far as i can tell from the tools available and the Mura probably puts a little more weight on the rear.

The tyre file is a text script file so anyone can experiment, you probably need to make a back up so you can use the stock tyre online.

If Manu has resolved the issue we could look and see what has changed and adjust the tyre file.

One thing that might be causing confusion;
Counter intuitive but as i understand it, a 'hard' tyre is designed to generate more heat than a 'soft' tyre for a given duty and the tyre files are correct in this respect.

I

CapeDoctor

Quote from: h106frp on July 12, 2016, 04:07:44 PM

The tyre file is a text script file so anyone can experiment ...

ah, didn't realise that - what are the tyre files called, please? i'll try and do some experiments of my own, and come back with any relevant info ;)

h106frp

.tyre files  ;)

Please note comment added to previous post as i think this might be a common misunderstanding for tyres

CapeDoctor

well, while i can understand the tyre generating more heat, if it's designed that way, but surely not to the point of being almost un-rideable after 2 laps (including an outlap) -
i might as well just use qualy tyres, if that's the way it's going to be, lol

h106frp

Quote from: CapeDoctor on July 12, 2016, 05:36:07 PM
well, while i can understand the tyre generating more heat, if it's designed that way, but surely not to the point of being almost un-rideable after 2 laps (including an outlap) -
i might as well just use qualy tyres, if that's the way it's going to be, lol

It is possible that the values need tweaking it is just that all the sets will need adjusting relative to each other. These seem to be the base factors (rear) for straight line riding;
hard    HeatingFactorRoll = 0.0045
soft    HeatingFactorRoll = 0.003
wet   HeatingFactorRoll = 0.0036 > i guess this assumes some water cooling as you would expect a tyre that generates a lot of heat on the dry line, not sure how wet/dry line effect is modeled.

h106frp

Quote from: Grooveski on July 09, 2016, 05:31:10 PM
Out-smegging-standing dude.   8)

Pretty as a picture.
...and a damn sight prettier as a model.   ;)

Was just talking handlebar exotica with DD earlier(his controller has better kit than my bike :P) - happy to see you've fitted a brembo radial master.
Is a remote adjuster on the cards for add-ons?  I tend to get a bit of brake fade towards the end of longer races.
...hmmm, or perhaps it's brain fade.   :-\

Don't really need an adjuster - just having a laugh.  Know that now it's come come up though you won't be able to resist.    :P

Anyhow.  Just wanted to say you've done [/are doing] a fantastic job.   ;D
...and now I better get started on a skin.  A lot of them being shown off - don't imagine it'll be long before we're all on a grid somewhere.

Looks like it will fit  ;)

Warlock

haha, good one m8 !  ;D

Man, the model is just amazing !  :)

HornetMaX

+1. Model is amazing. You should probably put it up for sale on some 3d models site :)

doubledragoncc

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Grooveski

July 13, 2016, 09:10:42 PM #389 Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 09:38:52 PM by Grooveski
Really you shouldn't be pandering to the whims of drunken virtual numpties, it'll only encourage them.   ::)

...but it does look good, so I'll let you off.   ;D