• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 03:19:13 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GP Bikes beta5b

Started by PiBoSo, June 23, 2014, 01:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamoZ

I agree with everything Stout said. I`ve discussed it with him and for both of us we immediately felt more at home in this version because of the brakes & engine braking being more similar to Beta 2. We both are riders that make use of engine braking alot and this has definatly improved over the previous 2 beta`s.

Also my beloved brake feeling is back again, it`s alot more progressive and has more initial bite to them then before, big plus on both these 2 points.
The high speed wobble i still a bit too exagerated imo, as is the wheely on high speeds. i should not have to hold my rear brake 100% to keep the front on the ground with 330 kp/h :P

Also me and stout noticed that the gearbox on the 990 feels MotoGP unworthy. Downshifting goes about as fast as an old Daf truck, and even at low speeds you will sometimes lock up the rear when shifting from 3rd to 2nd or 1st. I`m quite convinced a MotoGP grade slipperclutch would never allow for anything to lock up....ever. Yes not even in 2003...

All in all this Beta feels very similar to Beta 2, with some improvements for the good. Just the front wheel, wheelie & wobble problems need to be ironed out and then we`re on to something really good. ;)

girlracerTracey

Quote from: Ian on June 23, 2014, 09:08:56 PM
Quote from: girlracerTracey on June 23, 2014, 07:09:57 PM

P.S. I cannot help but wonder if those who like beta 5b are members of the direct lean off club..because of the bikes ability to turn in more easily?
Why not give your Xbox 360 another go  you may like it now

Sorry I do not understand what you are trying to say here?

Daniel_F

Quote from: Stout Johnson on June 23, 2014, 08:58:03 PM

Tracey, I have followed your posts very much since you came here and your oppinions have always been balanced and well spoken, I respect your oppinion very much. So I am somewhat susprised to read that you dont like the new beta5b.

So, just some quick reactions from me:
1) Your review "beta4 wins hands-down" and "Beta 5b feels pretty awful by comparison. For me anyway.." doesn't give much real feedback and sounds more like a gut feeling than an actual substantiated oppinion.
2) Did you do a large number of laps? You might judge otherwise if you get a feeling for how the new beta physics behave... In beta4 release the reactions were much worse than now (which I would estimate to about 80% is approval for beta5b) - so, dont judge too fast ;)
3) On directer leaners club: good point, but no. Actually, I don't like direct lean at all and I always was advocating that the bike imo turned fast enough in beta4. But in beta5 turning just feels more natural, not speaking of the speed of leaning, but for me beta4 somehow always felt like the turning was very delicate.. now it feels like I can hit every lean angle like I want perfectly, whereas in beta4 I had to correct it more often.
4) Do you ride a bike irl? Do not get me wrong please, but I think especially the way the engine braking of a motorcycle feels irl, can only be appreciated if you have experienced it. And maybe your dislike originates from there?

Just some thoughts.

i did same or more number of laps on this beta and i like it i srly do but i cant say the handling is good because its not i cant push i dont even belive its possible to do a race without crash even going slow...

about the engine break how the hell a downshift without eletronic help blocks the wheel on almost every rpm? its feel right with almost full help from eletronic (set 2 ) thats not good thats rly bad actualy u have 2 settings from 4 u cant use at all..

anyway apart from that i belive to test something u need to be consistent with it doesnt matter if u can run 1.29 one lap then the other 49 u did or u crashed or u had to almost stop the bike...

with that said i belive the main goal its to make the bike ridable and then fix all the details and not the way arround...

And to be honest i belive piboso and his team like and prefer to know whats wrong and whats happening and listen to honest feedback other then "omg its perfect now nothing is wrong now i can power steer and 500 are so much easier or whatever"

its my honest opinion and dont belive im a hater cos im not i just want to help improve the game with my feedback is not much but its what i can give

thank you all

Daniel

Toomes1

P.S. I cannot help but wonder if those who like beta 5b are members of the direct lean off club..because of the bikes ability to turn in more easily?

And no to direct lean club, it's not on a real bike so why use here.

Stout Johnson

Thanks for your more detailed oppinion, now I can understand better what you mean ;)

Quote from: girlracerTracey on June 23, 2014, 09:27:08 PM
For me it doesn't feel right exiting bends on the power. The power induced "weave" is there in beta 4 but is much less pronounced and feels much more realistic to me. It beta 5b it feels almost artificially induced to me. In real life motorcycles on the power exiting bends for me at least feel more like the behaviour I have experienced with beta 4. The behaviour in beta 4 feels more consistent with the power you are feeding to the rear wheel.
I do somewhat feel the same way with you on that respect. I also felt, that imo oppinion, if you pull the gas open, full throttle, the bike maybe should "weave" a bit more. But on the other side, I never raced on a real MotoGP bike, so I do not really know how stiff it actually is. But if we get to use mod bikes that resemble more or less "stock" or "stock-near" bikes then it should definitely have more obvious load transfer in the bike.

This is the aspect that I have the main problem with. The wheelies also, particularly in the higher gears on the varese 500, feel unrealistic. The bike is wheelying far too easily and the front end is snapping up quite viciously. A 500 would have to have a very peaky power-band to do that and I think more power than they actually had in real life.

The bike, the varese in my case, turns in more easily but this effect is muffled and spoilt for me at low speed by the uncertainty and lack of security in the front end.
Do not forget, the Varesa actually DOES have a very very peaky power-band. But as stated above, I only tried Murasama physics - so I cannot really judge on Varese.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Ian

June 23, 2014, 09:38:23 PM #65 Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 09:41:45 PM by Ian
Quote from: girlracerTracey on June 23, 2014, 09:30:28 PM

I thought you started playing the game with a 360 pad but changed to a wheel and direct lean on because the bike did not change direction quick enough  or did I get lost  ;)
It plays a lot better with the 360 now

girlracerTracey

Quote from: Ian on June 23, 2014, 09:38:23 PM
Quote from: girlracerTracey on June 23, 2014, 09:30:28 PM

I thought you started playing the game with a 360 pad but changed to a wheel because the bike did not change direction quick enough  or did I get lost  ;)
It plays a lot better with the 360 now

I understand what you mean now.. ;) I have an xbox 360 gathering dust so I thought you might have meant something else..lol.

Yes, I think that's a very good idea. I'll try that with my xbox one controller. See how it feels.

Look guys I fully accept you are all more experienced on gpbikes. That's a given. I'm just offering my honest opinion that's all. I don't criticise things for the sake of it. I'm not like that. I'm just struggling with beta 5. Beta 4 felt brilliant to me from the start. Apart from turn-in. Which is why I switched to direct lean on with the steering wheel.

Anyway, I will switch to my xbox one pad and see what I make of it.

grT

Warlock

....... a real life motorcycle that has quite serious issues and needs urgent attention in the pits.

Exactly

From minute 0.26
https://www.youtube.com/v/F6Ebi8dU6uU

Toomes1

While we're talking Xbox controllers, anyone using the Razor sabertooth controller with beta5b

Stout Johnson

June 23, 2014, 09:55:19 PM #69 Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 09:59:47 PM by Stout Johnson
Quote from: Daniel_F on June 23, 2014, 09:31:44 PM
about the engine break how the hell a downshift without eletronic help blocks the wheel on almost every rpm? its feel right with almost full help from eletronic (set 2 ) thats not good thats rly bad actualy u have 2 settings from 4 u cant use at all..
The engine braking setting can not be understood as an electronic help. The setting only determines how big the engine brake effect is desired. It depends on the track and the riders driving style. It's just a normal setting. So you do not have to take false pride in not using EB=0 ;)
But I do agree with you that the engine braking with engine braking = 0 might be overdone. I havent tested it in beta5b, but in beta5 it was definitely exaggerated. But that is not a physics flaw, the effect of the setup settings of engine braking might need to be tweaked, if it is still to much.

with that said i belive the main goal its to make the bike ridable and then fix all the details and not the way arround...
Imo, the goal should be to make the "virtual bikes" in GPB feel like actually riding their real life counterparts as much as possible. And for me, beta5b is a nice improvement.

i cant push i dont even belive its possible to do a race without crash even going slow...
Well, I can only speak for myself, but after about 15 laps or so, I started to get a feeling for where the limit with the new physics are and I started to push. I didn't fall much, and my honest oppinion is, that as soon as I have adapted to the new physics, I might actually fall even less than in beta4b. And there I already had multiple races without a single crash.

And to be honest i belive piboso and his team like and prefer to know whats wrong and whats happening and listen to honest feedback other then "omg its perfect now nothing is wrong now i can power steer and 500 are so much easier or whatever"

its my honest opinion and dont belive im a hater cos im not i just want to help improve the game with my feedback is not much but its what i can give
You are entitled to you own oppinion as much as anybody. Every feedback (if founded) is welcome. But people that like the new build are also entitled to give their positive feedback without being considered a "brown-noser"
[/quote]

Note: All feedback from me only based on Murasama
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

girlracerTracey

Quote from: Warlock on June 23, 2014, 09:45:36 PM
....... a real life motorcycle that has quite serious issues and needs urgent attention in the pits.

Exactly

From minute 0.26
https://www.youtube.com/v/F6Ebi8dU6uU

Warlock, have you played with bike set-up to iron out the "weave"? If you have, which I suspect is the case, did it make a noticeable and beneficial difference? I presume you stiffened up the suspension settings and/or dampened out the effects of the weave.

I am just going on default settings and my previous suspension settings so far.

grT

Warlock

I did try both, stiffer bike and dampened bike but doesn't really seems to solve the issue.
But setting a bike can take really long time, maybe just not enough time trying yet. Thats why i  say to wait a week before give some feedback

JamoZ

Lolvid showing exactly how the front wheel behaves during a turn & powerslide. Even on a smooth track as Victoria, imagine this on something like the old Barcelona or Brno :[

For best experience during this JamoZ production, please watch full HD and or fullscreen :P

http://www.youtube.com/v/bVzncxBr2oQ&feature

HornetMaX

Quote from: Warlock on June 23, 2014, 10:09:15 PM
But setting a bike can take really long time, maybe just not enough time trying yet. Thats why i  say to wait a week before give some feedback
Best advices are always disregarded in my experience :)

MaX.

JamoZ

Oh, mind you. That video also shows that somehow the bike does recover alot better from slides instead of whacking that back wheel fron left to right like it used to do in beta 4...so that`s good..i guess...