• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Imola_v1.2 / Mosport Park V- deliberately / realistically bumpy ?

Started by mst, July 10, 2016, 08:56:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mst

@whoever-modelled-Imola_v1.2  / Mosport Park V1.1:

Have the two (Imola) long straight-aways been deliberately modelled with "extra" bumps?

Or is that in imperfection / defect in the modelling process, or the sim ?

I find them almost un-rideable with "helmet view", and can just barely keep the bike on the track with 3rd person view (which I don't really like using, .. fake... cheating etc).

And Mosport's back straight also seems extremely bumpy.

janaucarre

Hi, 
That's gpbikes it doesn't like micro bumps :-)
Mosport has been very very smoothed with 3dsmax, imola too.
It depends on many things and we can't all do better than the original track,  but at our best.

mst

Quote from: janaucarre on July 10, 2016, 09:56:41 AM
Hi, 
That's gpbikes it doesn't like micro bumps :-)
Mosport has been very very smoothed with 3dsmax, imola too.
It depends on many things and we can't all do better than the original track,  but at our best.

I think it might ? also happen when the track curves ?  I.e. at Imola it's right at the point in the straight where it sharply bends to the right.

On other tracks on a long straight, there are bumps, but not like the violent shaking I get at that right bend at Imola.

But it's obviously something to do with the camera algorithms as well.  In 3rd person, there is hardly any shaking.

I guess that's because the "helmet" cam is "attached" to the bike?

If the 3rd person view could be adjusted to be where the helmet cam is, or the helmet cam was "detached" from the bike or attached to the bike with some kind of "virtual spring", then it would be more realistic.

I've watched a lot of "onboard" (real life MotoGP, and "track day GoPros", and none of them shake as bad as GBP's "helmet cam".

I got to get out to the Superbike School and see the real thing  ;D