• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

More info please on the Quick Canvass Fun Event tonight????

Started by Hawk, July 09, 2015, 01:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Hi Nick.

You've got the your thread locked, so I have to create a new thread here to ask this question:

So what's happening tonight with this event?
What bike/s are we using?
What's the race format, etc, etc?

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Really good questions Hawk and one of my first thoughts at daybreak this morning (gpbikes brain fry this is).

The quest for keeping everyone happy is unachievable.

I'm thinking lets see how many/who turns up and decide there. Personally I think 3 quick races on each bike would be a lot of fun which is the idea of the Fun Race event.  We can always hold say, a M3 full length race as a Main Event sometime?

Even if you hate scooters and love M3's why not don a pair of goggles and get out there!

Your thoughts?
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Meyer#12

If i can make time tonight, i am there for sure!! :D

And personally i would love all 3 short races, would be fun with adapting to each bike and trying some different sprint races ;)
Meyer#12

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on July 09, 2015, 01:26:37 PM
Really good questions Hawk and one of my first thoughts at daybreak this morning (gpbikes brain fry this is).

The quest for keeping everyone happy is unachievable.

I'm thinking lets see how many/who turns up and decide there. Personally I think 3 quick races on each bike would be a lot of fun which is the idea of the Fun Race event.  We can always hold say, a M3 full length race as a Main Event sometime?

Even if you hate scooters and love M3's why not don a pair of goggles and get out there!

Your thoughts?

Well yeah, your right... lets have a laugh!  ;D 8)
So long as you don't ask me to wear a Trilby Hat, Winklepickers or a Parka too then I'll be there.  Lol.  ;D

Hawk.
PS: Oh and I want to keep my helmet on at all times.... God help me if my biker mates see me on a bloody Scooter!! Hehe!  ;D

yan24

Attention with the KXF450 I broke twice the engine. With the MOTO3 I think that we can be 100 % of the running(race) with the full tank of gas. I did not look at the gas consumption on this circuit.

JJS209

i suggest to change the cat. to e.g. Moto2. nice to ride, no frontend problem like on moto3 on that circuit and less power than a wss but very dynamic.

Napalm Nick

Quote from: yan24 on July 09, 2015, 02:31:40 PM
Attention with the KXF450 I broke twice the engine. With the MOTO3 I think that we can be 100 % of the running(race) with the full tank of gas. I did not look at the gas consumption on this circuit.

Eh? No Endurance races tonight!

Engines break if they go over the breaking engine rev limit don't they? Usually if changing down too soon on bikes without a slipper clutch which can easily make them rev past their limiter setting. So is this a bike problem or a riding style problem??  :-\

Quote from: JJS209 on July 09, 2015, 03:23:22 PM
I suggest to change the cat. to e.g. Moto2. nice to ride, no frontend problem like on moto3 on that circuit and less power than a wss but very dynamic.

Personally I think we should adapt to the tools we have, rather than finding another tool.  Otherwise half these bikes are never going to get ridden (!) which would be a shame. Adapt and overcome Gunny Highway!Slow down, catch the lovely scenery etc...

But I just make ideas and go with what the majority wants in the end. Some members said they wanted a Scooter Race so that was put on - we are now morphing it to a GP1000 endurance race.   >:( Not really fair is it. I cant even really make a majority decision because its so equal in the votes.

So as it is getting late and a decision is needed, tonight will be 3 x 5 lap races starting with Scooter then Supermoto, then M3.  Come have fun (hopefully) if you want to. Times as stated in the canvass thread.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Meyer#12

Well said Nick!

In real life you can just change track, bike etc. Just because you don't like it that day ;)

I think it is great with those small events where we can try something different! And so what if an engine break? We have 5 lap sprint races and another race is cominh after :D
And this is not the owners club races that gives point like the sunday races, this is a smalæ come together fun event :D

So let's go have some fun and go as fast as we can on whatever the club comes with :D
Meyer#12

Hawk

I'm getting a Data Mismatch on connection to the server Nick.... What bike versions have you got on your server?  :)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

It is probably the supermoto Hawk I see there are different downloads so in a while I will stick the bike on my drop box and provide a link.

yan24

Attention there is two waiter with the circuit LaFerteGaucher

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on July 09, 2015, 05:47:46 PM
It is probably the supermoto Hawk I see there are different downloads so in a while I will stick the bike on my drop box and provide a link.

Thanks Nick... Appreciated mate.  ;D

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

KX450 Link if anyone having Mismatch HERE

Scooters and M3s are from latest BikeMod.

Hawk can you let me know if this cures it please  ;)

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on July 09, 2015, 06:13:38 PM
KX450 Link if anyone having Mismatch HERE

Scooters and M3s are from latest BikeMod.

Hawk can you let me know if this cures it please  ;)

I'm processing a couple of work files at the moment. It'll be 15 -20 mins before it's finished, but for sure I'll let you know as soon as it's finished. Time is getting tight... I hope it works. I haven't had chance to do any practice yet. Lol  ;D

Hawk.

Hawk

I'm still getting a Data Mismatch on connection with that bike file link Nick.

Hawk.