• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

I never thought I say this...

Started by davidboda46, April 07, 2016, 07:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidboda46

But I have not played GPB very much lately :( I have however played a lot of MXB. Even though I've never riden a motocross in real life, and I'm not particularly interested in watching it on tv, I found my self enjoying the game a lot since the release of B4. Now, here is the good and the bad with this surprising situation (according to me).

Let's start with the good: the reason I like MXB is that I feel sort of in control. Ok, I still can't whip, I still use auto lean and I don't use the clutch a lot, so basically I am a noob. But, I notice that I am improving, and that when I make a mistake I know exactly why I have crashed. The game allows me to save slides, it allows me to make small mistakes in braking and still save it before I hit the dirt. And here comes the most important part: it does not feel easy (arcade-like). I have to work hard to be fast(ish), I still fall flat on my ass a lot of the times and I rarely feel I made the best lap possible. The game is far from perfect but it feels more refined than GP-bikes does at the moment, which bothers/worries me since GPB is on B8.

One huge reason for me liking MXB is the stability setting. I have it on 80 and it feels perfect for ME. I strongly suggest that Piboso considers this alternative for GPB, I think it would be a great feature. Another reason is the GHOST-function. With the netcode being as it is, the ghost is the closest I come to "racing" without going bonkers over connection problems and all to frequent core.exes. It does not replace online competition in any way, but it is better than nothing for the time being.

The bad: Front end GPB problems (banked corners, small lean angle/high speed wobbles inexplicable low-side crashes) and general online racing difficulties. As it is now, I have a hard time enjoying GPB, and it breaks my hearth. The lack of motivation is also noticeable in the GPB-community. With GPB B7 I could ignore the standard bikes and ride GPBItalia WSS and SBK-bikes, that were better balanced and a bit more forgiving. Now they are in hiatus...

I hope that this is a temporary dipp, that my motivation, the community's (don't get me wrong, I am not saying that there aren't people here who are doing excellent work), and I really hope that GPB will come back strong in the future. I am not saying any of this to be demeaning to Piboso or anybody else, it is just the way I feel.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46           
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Vini

Apart from the fantastic Mugello race, I feel the same way.

The wobble and bugs are too annoying for me.
New mods is the only thing keeping me playing.

HornetMaX

Same feelings for me david: I didn't spend hundreds of hours on MXB b4, but even after only 15 minutes it was very clear that MXB is overall much closer to a finished product than GPB. And I'm not referring to them multiple tracks MXB has (which are very nice, though).

MXB is really enjoyable. The overall feeling is just better. Put a new player on MXB b4 and he will say it's very funny. Put a new player on GPB b8 and it will say it's utterly frustrating.

I'm not sure the whole difference is done by the stability slider, but what is very clear is that the difference between MXB b3 (no stab slider) and b4 (stab slider, on top of other changes) is very big.

So yeah, I'm happy for MXB (it really is very good) but sad and worried for GPB.

BTW, the two still share some common online issues.

Boerenlater

Quote from: vin97 on April 08, 2016, 12:06:33 AM
Apart from the fantastic Mugello race, I feel the same way.

The wobble and bugs are too annoying for me.
New mods is the only thing keeping me playing.
Mods and the community indeed.

Im not that interested in motocross so I probably wont buy that one.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

HornetMaX

Quote from: Boerenlater on April 08, 2016, 09:28:34 AM
Im not that interested in motocross so I probably wont buy that one.
Try the demo before stating that :)

Hawk

Are you guys forgetting that there has been GPBOC races nearly every weekend with good participation in each one?

The community can only thrive if you guys come and participate, right?  ::)

Mods are coming, but they take time to build/convert to make good..... We can only work on them in our spare times.... There's some good stuff coming, so please be patient!

In the mean time stop moaning and support the community in any ways you can guys!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on April 08, 2016, 12:43:49 PM
Are you guys forgetting that there has been GPBOC races nearly every weekend with good participation in each one?
And how's this relevant to what David and me said ?

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 08, 2016, 12:50:47 PM
Quote from: Hawk on April 08, 2016, 12:43:49 PM
And how's this relevant to what David and me said ?

You are joking Max?  :o

"Noticeable lack of motivation in the GPB Community"? Does that ring a bell for you?  :P  ::)

You and others here may agree with that, but I think considering the work that's been going on here by the community and behind the scenes, that remark is a bit rich to say the least.  ::)

So I have to ask: Were have you guys been!?  Lol!  ;D

Hawk.

HornetMaX

I guess he was mostly referring to modding community. GPB ITA gone = no SBK, no WSS. Frenchies are very quiet too. As far as I can see, only Manu is playing around with the physics and putting some stuff out.

Still, all the other remarks stand: MXB  is way more a finished product than GPB currently is.
And I'm sure that soon enough, MXB community will be way more active than GPB's one, both in terms of modding and online racing. Unfortunately (at least for me).

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 08, 2016, 02:55:28 PM
I guess he was mostly referring to modding community. GPB ITA gone = no SBK, no WSS. Frenchies are very quiet too. As far as I can see, only Manu is playing around with the physics and putting some stuff out.

Still, all the other remarks stand: MXB  is way more a finished product than GPB currently is.
And I'm sure that soon enough, MXB community will be way more active than GPB's one, both in terms of modding and online racing. Unfortunately (at least for me).

Well I can assure you that our bikeMOD team is hard at work behind the scenes and very busy indeed..... Like I keep telling people "Patience!", good things are coming! ;D

As far as MXB is concerned I hope it does well for Piboso because that benefits us all, but I hope we're not going to lose you exclusively to the MXB community Max? That would be a sad day indeed!  :-\

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on April 08, 2016, 03:14:27 PM
As far as MXB is concerned I hope it does well for Piboso because that benefits us all, but I hope we're not going to lose you exclusively to the MXB community Max? That would be a sad day indeed!  :-\
Not going to happen. I'm not a cross boy and I plan anyway to keep developing the plugin(s) for all the sims (when possible or welcome).

Point was just that MXB made more progress in 1 year than GPB in 4 and that the first time you try the two products, MXB surely impresses you more.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 08, 2016, 03:19:10 PM
Quote from: Hawk on April 08, 2016, 03:14:27 PM
Not going to happen. I'm not a cross boy and I plan anyway to keep developing the plugin(s) for all the sims (when possible or welcome).

That's great to hear, Max.  ;) 8)

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 08, 2016, 03:19:10 PM
Point was just that MXB made more progress in 1 year than GPB in 4 and that the first time you try the two products, MXB surely impresses you more.

That's a shame because it was Piboso who assured us when he first started work on MXB that the extra workload of that project would have benefits for GPB too, and if the MXB bikes are now better performing than the GPB bikes then surely something not right there?  :-\

But from the evidence I've experienced from our BikeMOD teams work, it is the default bikes that are just not tuned properly and the GPB beta 8 bikemods will shine through and show what GPB beta 8 is really capable of.  ;D

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on April 08, 2016, 03:28:55 PM
That's a shame because it was Piboso who assured us when he first started work on MXB that the extra workload of that project would have benefits for GPB too, and if the MXB bikes are now better performing than the GPB bikes then surely something not right there?  :-\
I just think it's a matter of motivation and resources dedicated to each product, likely tied to the old, known issue of how good each sim is selling.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 08, 2016, 03:37:52 PM
Quote from: Hawk on April 08, 2016, 03:28:55 PM
I just think it's a matter of motivation and resources dedicated to each product, likely tied to the old, known issue of how good each sim is selling.

Well we keep trying to tell Piboso what needs doing to really start to get people buying GPB but he has his own mind(admirable in a way I guess) as to his priorities.

Hawk.

Docfumi

This game is like having a Birthday everyday, you find something different in it everytime you play
and that's what keeps me hooked on it. I also have fallen under the spell of MX BIKES, but GP BIKES
is home for me and no matter how far I stray when I return it is there and usually a lot better then I remember.

Big thanks to PiBoSo (and Team) for all of the SIM releases

Sometimes you have to burn the whole crop field to grow better weed  ;D ;D ;D
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.