• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 07, 2024, 10:17:13 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

core.exe solution???

Started by MonJue, February 28, 2017, 10:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MonJue

Hi All,

So as some of you may know i seem to be having core.exe crash more than most people. I have done re install etc.. etc.. and still its the same.

I did mention in a previous post that if im travelling fast and approaching the end of a straight, panic! and slam both breaks on then this seems to be when the crash happens. Ive been convinced its when i touch the back brake?... so i have unassigned the back brake and all seems to be working fine for now!.. ill keep playing tonight and see what happens.

i do hope this helps other people having the same problem?.. of course it means you dont have a back brake, but then who needs it?

I did try lots of other things like changing replay buffer size, using race only mode, re install and none of this worked for me.

fingers crossed!

Blackheart

Very strange i never see a core with the beta11 and I ride online with other guys every day  :o

Bike? Track?

MonJue

yer its strange... im using the RC213V with Victoria.

Ive laying down lap after lap and ive had no core.exe since my last post and ive been riding solid. Maybe its something to do wiht the xbox one controller?
either way not using the back brack in extreme circumstances eg. hard braking at fast speeds seems to be working for me. im also finding by not using the back brake my riding is smoother and laps are quicker... but still i dunno whats going on?

Ill see what happens over next couple of days!

Blackheart

I had problems with a other game; Berserk and the band of the hawk crashes every 5 mins. But after a video card driver update, never more problems. I know that GPB is a opengl software but... maybe  :-\

I can only tell you that we used Victoria for test all our bikes about +100 laps (wsbk 2017) and no cores, so i dont think that this is a bike/track issue. Or is the installation, maybe some old plugins.

P.S. Atm we dont use plugins.

MonJue

the only plugin i use is maxhub. ill keep you posted if it happens again!.. i did have a different error message the other day. I screen capped it and will show you tomorrow as I'm on the mac atm.

thanks for the support.

Seajay 64

I haven't written on the forum for sometime, and this may have been said before which I may have missed, but heres my small input.
I wrote the following quite soon after the release of Beta 8, but did not post it.

Now that someone else has the same results as I do these are my thoughts of the problem.

Just a line or two about my observations regarding off-line core.exe crashes with GBP Beta 8.

Until Manu's brilliant output of MOTO GP 2015 GP Factory Bikes came into use, I had no core exe problems with the new Beta 8, using the stock bikes issued with the game.
Since installing the MOTO GP 2015 bikes, I have found that every one of Manu's bikes will cause a core exe problem when using the front and rear brakes while testing. The crashes happen anywhere, anytime, that being, and not always, when applying both brakes together and changing down through the gears, but at sometime, the core exe failure will occur, whether one is braking for a corner or bend, or applying both brakes going down a long straight in an upright non lean angle, and not in any constant pattern.
I have only tested this at these tracks Ulster GP, Ulster GP V0.6 NDS, Croft, Croft NDS, Rbp Croft V0.7, Cadwell Park Vo.8, Silverstone, Silverstone GP V0.94NDS, Victoria.

This appears to be the only time that I get core exe's, apart from when I crash the bike going into a corner too fast, after which if the bike finds and goes into one of the black holes on any given track. The trick here is to press the escape button and select return to pit option before bike is swallowed and drops into the hole.

If using only the front brake of any of the MOTO GP  2015 bikes, then eureka, no core exe's, no problems, apart from not stopping and falling off, or going over the handle bars and crashing! "Too much front brake application."

I have not had any off-line core exe's when using either of the stock  msm 125rr, 125 rr cup, or the Mursasama rc 990  bikes while using front and rear brakes together and changing down, at any of the above named tracks with Beta 8. No core exe's what so ever.

Not having the computer skills necessary to try sorting the problem myself, maybe some of you computer wiz kids out there could look into whether or not you have the same results as myself, and if so could find the cause and rectify it. Whether or not this is the full cause of core exe's, I can not say, but maybe it could lead to the eventual elimination of the problem if someone could find a connection with these observations coupled with any knowledge that they have regarding the core exe problem.
There again, and I hope not, it may only be a fault relative to my computer, in which case I apologise for wasting your time.

I hope this helps, and thank you for reading.

@ Manu. No criticism meant here regarding your bikes. They are truly first class and very well done. Thank you for the bikes

Update.
1st March 2017

Since writing the above we have gone up to BETA 11. The same problem exists with me on all Beta's  from Beta 8 to Beta 11. Nothing has changed.

I would like to say that this fault only seems to occur with Manu's bike's and all other bikes do not have this problem.
For me it is quite annoying as my favourite bike is Ducati GP 15 of Manu. Because of the core exe problems when using both brakes I can never achieve the full potential of his bikes.
Again, this is in offline mode only, and I have no opinion as to online riding as I havn't tested due to not wanting to spoil other peoples run by getting in their way. 

Hope this may help
Thank you
Seajay 64

davidboda46

I use to have the same problem, on some tracks (can't remember which bike), when I used the rear brake =core crash. But it have not happened for a long time. The only time I get a core crash now is if there is something strange with the track, like the bike slams into a wall at 200 kph. But on the other hand, I only ride offline (waiting for online improvements before I get back to racing again).

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

MonJue

Quote from: Seajay 64 on March 01, 2017, 11:31:13 AM
I haven't written on the forum for sometime, and this may have been said before which I may have missed, but heres my small input.
I wrote the following quite soon after the release of Beta 8, but did not post it.

Now that someone else has the same results as I do these are my thoughts of the problem.

Just a line or two about my observations regarding off-line core.exe crashes with GBP Beta 8.

Until Manu's brilliant output of MOTO GP 2015 GP Factory Bikes came into use, I had no core exe problems with the new Beta 8, using the stock bikes issued with the game.
Since installing the MOTO GP 2015 bikes, I have found that every one of Manu's bikes will cause a core exe problem when using the front and rear brakes while testing. The crashes happen anywhere, anytime, that being, and not always, when applying both brakes together and changing down through the gears, but at sometime, the core exe failure will occur, whether one is braking for a corner or bend, or applying both brakes going down a long straight in an upright non lean angle, and not in any constant pattern.
I have only tested this at these tracks Ulster GP, Ulster GP V0.6 NDS, Croft, Croft NDS, Rbp Croft V0.7, Cadwell Park Vo.8, Silverstone, Silverstone GP V0.94NDS, Victoria.

This appears to be the only time that I get core exe's, apart from when I crash the bike going into a corner too fast, after which if the bike finds and goes into one of the black holes on any given track. The trick here is to press the escape button and select return to pit option before bike is swallowed and drops into the hole.

If using only the front brake of any of the MOTO GP  2015 bikes, then eureka, no core exe's, no problems, apart from not stopping and falling off, or going over the handle bars and crashing! "Too much front brake application."

I have not had any off-line core exe's when using either of the stock  msm 125rr, 125 rr cup, or the Mursasama rc 990  bikes while using front and rear brakes together and changing down, at any of the above named tracks with Beta 8. No core exe's what so ever.

Not having the computer skills necessary to try sorting the problem myself, maybe some of you computer wiz kids out there could look into whether or not you have the same results as myself, and if so could find the cause and rectify it. Whether or not this is the full cause of core exe's, I can not say, but maybe it could lead to the eventual elimination of the problem if someone could find a connection with these observations coupled with any knowledge that they have regarding the core exe problem.
There again, and I hope not, it may only be a fault relative to my computer, in which case I apologise for wasting your time.

I hope this helps, and thank you for reading.

@ Manu. No criticism meant here regarding your bikes. They are truly first class and very well done. Thank you for the bikes

Update.
1st March 2017

Since writing the above we have gone up to BETA 11. The same problem exists with me on all Beta's  from Beta 8 to Beta 11. Nothing has changed.

I would like to say that this fault only seems to occur with Manu's bike's and all other bikes do not have this problem.
For me it is quite annoying as my favourite bike is Ducati GP 15 of Manu. Because of the core exe problems when using both brakes I can never achieve the full potential of his bikes.
Again, this is in offline mode only, and I have no opinion as to online riding as I havn't tested due to not wanting to spoil other peoples run by getting in their way. 

Hope this may help
Thank you
Seajay 64

For me this is very interesting... so for the past couple of nights i have had the rear brake disabled and no core.exe, so i thought to put the rear break back on and sure enough within the first lap... core.exe! So im 99% certain this has something to do with it... i dont wish more people had this problem, but at the same time i kinda do... just so we can find a fix. If anyone one out there has any suggestions then please do say.. no matter what it is.

to be continued......?

HornetMaX

Just to be on the safe side, if you're using MaxHUD (or any other plugin not coming with GPB), try disabling it (move the .dlo away, or just rename it to .dlo.off) and see if you still have the issue.

Seajay 64

@Max
As requested by you I have this morning tested the following tracks with Max Hud installed and Max Hud un installed.

First with Max Hud completely un installed.

CORE EXE CRASH'S
Croft V .08 NDS                                            Laps before Core Exe crash  1.5 Laps
Silverstone Gp v0.95NDS                             Laps before Core Exe crash   0.5 Laps

NO CORE CRASH'S
Cadwell Park v 0.8 NDS                                No Core Exe crash after 5 Laps
Ulster GP v 0.6 NDS                                      No Core Exe crash after 5 Laps
Victoria                                                         No Core Exe crash after 5 Laps

Next with Max Hud completely re installed

CORE EXE CRASH'S
Croft V .08 NDS                                             Laps before Core Exe crash  3.0 Laps
Cadwell Park v 0.8 NDS                                Laps before Core Exe crash   1.5 Laps
Silverstone Gp v0.95NDS                              Laps before Core Exe crash   0.5 Laps

NO CORE CRASH'S
Victoria                                                           No Core Exe crash after 5 Laps
Ulster GP v 0.6 NDS                                      No Core Exe crash after 5 Laps

These were all on Ducati GP 15 of Manu's collection.
Although I haven't had time today to try any other bike, from passed experience I know that I have not had the same problem with them.
I will try as many of them in the next coming days when time allows.

One thing other that became apparent was the difference in the notification from windows after the core crash's. When MAX HUD was nor installed all I got was a window informing me of a Core.exe crash. Then all I had to do was press the ok button in the window which then cleared GP BIKE's from the screen allowing me to restart the program.

After I had reinstalled MAX HUD the message changed to ODE INTERNAL ERROR Assent ion b normalisation result failed in :/:/ include\ode/odemath h: 326. As well this Then Runtime Error c:\program files\Gp Bikes\core.exe.
Also to restart GP BIKE's I had to bring up windows task manager which had the following,
"Gp Bikes still running" and the program "ODE INTERNAL ERROR    Still Running", after which both cleared when I selected End Task for each.

I hpoe that this is some help and I will continue to test as much a I can in the next few day with other bikes that I use

Thank you

Seajay 64

HornetMaX

99% sure the plugin is not responsible then.

Also, I don't think the presence/absence of the plugin can have an impact on the error type (just crash or ODE normalization error).
If it has, it's just a side effect of the main bug/problem.

Thanks for checking this out.

tchemi

Quote from: Seajay 64 on March 02, 2017, 12:37:05 PM

After I had reinstalled MAX HUD the message changed to ODE INTERNAL ERROR Assent ion b normalisation result failed in :/:/ include\ode/odemath h: 326. As well this Then Runtime Error c:\program files\Gp Bikes\core.exe.
Also to restart GP BIKE's I had to bring up windows task manager which had the following,
"Gp Bikes still running" and the program "ODE INTERNAL ERROR    Still Running", after which both cleared when I selected End Task for each.

I hpoe that this is some help and I will continue to test as much a I can in the next few day with other bikes that I use

Thank you

Seajay 64

Hoooooooo. I had the exact same problem the other day on mugello when riding the DUCATI with dd57, frock, kerazooo and other mates. I was breaking from the rear (wich I really don't use that often). It only happened once to me. I posted a capture of the error dialog and posted it on the beta 11 thread.

I was riding really slow, I just used the rear break to stop. BUT !! Just before the crash, My camera jumped out of the bike and went in the sky. I had a view on the track with a lot of missing textures and a sort of fog. It stayed like this for 10 seconds, then BAM !! ODE something...

It was without Max plugin

PiBoSo

Please note that Beta11 introduces simulation of the brakes' temperature.
Modders should make sure that the parameters are correct.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

HornetMaX

Quote from: PiBoSo on March 02, 2017, 02:56:09 PM

Please note that Beta11 introduces simulation of the brakes' temperature.
Modders should make sure that the parameters are correct.
Woot !! Got the culprit I guess :)

Seajay 64

Since the last testing of GP BIKES with and without Max Hud installed I have tested the following bikes with Max Hud installed on the following circuits to the total number of laps exceeding 750 during the last few days.

BIKES WITH NO CORE EXE PROBLEMS
                                                                       OFFLINE TESTING ONLY

GP500 MV Agusta triple, Kawasaki Ninja HR2 2015, Moto2 2015, Moto3 2013, Road Honda NR750, SKB 2015 Ducati Panagale R, SKB 2015 Honda CBR1000RR, SKB2015 KTM RC8, SKB 2015 Yamaha YZF R1M, STK1000 2014 BMW S1000RR, STK1000 2014 Ducati Panigale, STK 2014 HONDA CBR1000RR, WSBK 2017 MV Agusta F4, WSBK 2017 Panaigle R .

I tested on, Croft V .08 NDS, Silverstone Gp v0.95NDS,  Ulster GP v 0.6 NDS, only. The following bikes had no core exe crash's on my computer.

In all case's the choice of bike from each type of bike was random, that is to say sometimes the base machine and sometimes a named rider machine.
The track time of each bike was no less than 5 laps and no more than 10 laps in each of the following modes. Each bike was tested in two modes. The first being in default mode, the second in a change of set up from the set-up menu.
All of the above bikes did not have a core.exe problem on any of the tracks I tested on.

BIKES WITH CORE EXE PROBLEMS
                                                            OFFLINE TESTING ONLY

MotoGP 2015 Aprilia RS GP15, M, MotoGP 2015 Art GP14, MotoGP 2015 Ducati GP15, MotoGP 2015 Forward Yamaha, MotoGP 2015, Honda RC213V, MotoGP 2015 Honda 213v-RS, MotoGP 2015 Susuki GSX RR, MotoGP 2015 Yamaha YZM-M1.

Without exception non of the above bikes had a core exe crash while running in default mode, however as soon as I changed the brake set-up from the standard default of 18 to 20 front, and the rear from 13 to 11, the core exe's kicked strait back in at the first use of front and rear braking while changing down through the gears.  Most of the time was within 20 sec's or so from the off.
So I then began a new test changing all the other set-up parameters apart from the brakes, and again found that not one bike had a core exe.
Next step was to change only the front brake setting from 18 to 20. With this setting NO CORE EXE 
So then on to changing rear brake from 13 to 11, Oh YES CORE EXE
To finish testing I then reverted to the default mode and tried again and strangely enough I got the first core exe in the default mode, after more than 700 laps. I then decided to delete the bike (Ducati GP 2015)  from GP BIKES, clean the registry, reboot the system and then reinstall the bike. I started to re test the Ducati again in default mode and the results were no CORE EXE's  until rear brake was changed from 13 to 11.

While I cant comment on other peoples core exe problems I believe I have found one major problem that for me anyway that is the cause of any core exe crash that I get.

I hope that these finding may help someone out there with more computer knowledge than I have to rectify the core exe problem.

Again I will continue to test when I have the time but for sure it won't be 750 laps!!! My brain nearly went nuts.

Seajay 64