• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 12:15:47 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GP Bikes beta6b

Started by PiBoSo, October 29, 2014, 05:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOBR6 84

We got a shiney sexy new pit board if thats any good? ;D and some more grass to roll around on  :P

-aGy-

vash

Hi,everybody;In first great work piboso, really good simulation the beta6b, But I have A BIG BIG trouble; How START MY Oculus DK2 with the beta6!???????  In extend not work ,;in direct to rift not work, in extend mod without service no work......     :-[    My pain is strong please tell me what i do...  Thank for you work.

Alby46

one thing i noticed, the rider disappears after a fall
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

Mac

I tried all bikes for a few laps yesterday and I noticed:
- Engine brake on Murasama and EB control are awesome. In onboard view you can see countersteer on almost every hard braking.
- Electronics changable on-the-go are very useful when tyres become less grippy.
- front wheel is a lot more stable and when wobbles start they are mitigate very soon.
I think wobbles are now more violent but less persistent, more like tank-slappers.
- on-board view is very good but rider hands are off-axis with handlebar.
- rider movements are a lot better (visually talking) but rider tucks only at high speeds like before.
- front wheel in 125 bike slips away in mid-corner but i think it is only a default setup problem. Maybe changing preload and front tyre pressure it gets better.
- revving on leaning is more progressive and the revs don't go so high like before.
- the possibility to travel on grass and gravel is good for races but now the bike is almost too stable, i can turn on gravel too easily without falling.
- i have to try direct lean slider but if it works like i think it is a really good feature.
- Ideal lap time like MX bikes is very useful to analyze laps.

In conclusion.. Great work Piboso! We had a lot of fun before this beta and we'll have a lot more fun now.
When superstock 1000 will be avaiable GPbikes will be the definitive bike sim of all ages. :)

BOBR6 84

iv posted twice already but iv deleted them.. its clear i have much to learn about beta6b!  :P

at first i thought.. meh :-\

now its.. :o ;D :P 8)  :-* :-* :-*

BOBR6 84

swing arm pivot in use now?

if you adjust engine braking in the garage it goes 0-3. onboard the bike it goes 0-2 ??

HornetMaX

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on October 30, 2014, 08:45:02 AM
swing arm pivot in use now?
Not on the 3 default bikes: you can change the value in the garage but it won't change anything.
To be honest I have no idea why it's like that: having a setting that can be changed but has no effect makes no sense to me.
Either the setting is "locked" (only 1 setting possible) or it has to have an effect, otherwise it's just confusing.

Mod bikes however can use it I think.

MaX.

Abigor

The front Wheel on 990 are still very unstable and jumps in slow corners JUST LIKE IN BETA 5b.....losing the front at low speed corners like that is just NOT real !!....is there anyone that has the balls to say it that this is WRONG !! ....all i see is people say "WAAW great job on cameras"......"WAAW great job on rider model" ....lol......but what about the most important thing ..."THE PHYSICS".....if you ever had ride on sportbike just once in your life you will know that front wheel don't act like that in slow corners.....just take you bike NOW for a ride in 5 min and you will know what i mean

Alibaskins

Totally true for the front tyre and there is a problem with the move of the bike when the rear tyre is dribbling. The bike turn into an incredible rodéo...

The front of the bike needs more weight. It would be better i think ?
I try to force the driver in front but it's doesn't seems to have effect. Or not a lot...

The new style of the driver isn't very fun... But it isn't a bug problem in onboard view... Just not fun to see it on third person view.

Même si sans maîtrise la puissance n'est rien, sans puissance, la maîtrise ne fait pas tout !

BOBR6 84

October 30, 2014, 09:34:18 AM #55 Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 09:43:52 AM by BOBR6 84
the rider twists instead of leaning.. feel free to disagree but thats a classic no no! how much influence on the bike handling does the virtual rider actually have? never any answers so nobody knows....

front end does seem better to me but there is deffinately something not right still..

v1 is years away

HornetMaX

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on October 30, 2014, 09:34:18 AM
how much influence on the bike handling does the virtual rider actually have? never any answers so nobody knows....
If you mean how much influence the rider movements (L/R, F/B) have, you can check this easily: just put rider elan to manual and don't move it.

MaX.

BOBR6 84

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 30, 2014, 09:42:47 AM
how much influence on the bike handling does the virtual rider actually have? never any answers so nobody knows....
If you mean how much influence the rider movements (L/R, F/B) have, you can check this easily: just put rider elan to manual and don't move it.

MaX.

ahh yes i know it seems more stable with full manual but whats happening when its auto?

HornetMaX

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on October 30, 2014, 09:46:45 AM
Quote from: HornetMaX on October 30, 2014, 09:42:47 AM

MaX.

ahh yes i know it seems more stable with full manual but whats happening when its auto?
I was just saying that if you want to size the impact of the rider movements, just set them to manual and then try to do laps without moving the rider (assign the controls to buttons and don't press them). By comparison (with auto rider lean) you'll have how important are rider movements.

MaX.

BOBR6 84

the last time i tried full manual rider movements was a disaster lol so i tried not leaning at all haha.. even worse  :)

im thinking more about the applied pressure on the handlebars.. when the rider moves around the bike!

does klax get these shakes and wobbles with DST?