• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Best buy? - Assetto Corsa, iRacing or Project Cars?

Started by Hawk, March 25, 2015, 03:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

Hawk I will send you a link by PM about PCars you might be very interested in

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Quote from: Guimengo on March 28, 2015, 05:11:42 PM
- iRacing offers the best selection - and quality - of tracks and structured online racing... but there's the web-based subscription where you won't have offline access to your content unless you keep paying, plus there's a lot of content that doesn't get used.
- rFactor2 offers the best simulation of car on the road and usually FFB, best AI and most racing rules and penalties, and no paid-DLC... but rate of development or patching isn't fast, some content is old and it clearly shows when compared to material released post-November 2013.
- Assetto Corsa has super sweet car licenses and decent FFB (portrays steering arm feel)... but it has a lot of generic bits shared by every car so it feels synthetic. Only four tracks are properly good - Spa, Nordschleife (excluding Nurb GP), Imola and Monza - while the rest are reused from Ferrari Virtual Academy or netkar Pro, it is the equivalent of Gran Turismo on PC sims on the sound department, it lacks numerous setup parameters (iR has the most followed by rF2) and race weekend rules and options.
- RaceRoom Evolution has great sounds and content released since DTM 2014 is of very good quality, and has very good tracks... but it lacks a community, it has too much pieced content from micro-transactions (good luck racing online), the worst UI (beats rF2 in poopiness), and it is graphically dated.
- Stock Car Extreme has the most content packed in, from cars to tracks, of very good quality... but you can still feel and see the heavily modified rFactor(1) behind it.

Unfortunately there's no one single game to own that covers everything. I'd love iRacing tracks with R3E sounds, rF2 AI, physics and FFB, AC's licenses and upcoming mods with SCE's variety of content and price.

Interesting reading.......

Already have rFactor2(personally I don't think anything can beat it for the raw physics performance). But yes, interesting reading for the others.

Thanks mate!  ;)

Hawk.

Harrytmj66

Project CARS has Cadwell, Snetterton and Oulton!....I don't understand how this is even an argument hahah