• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 06:03:08 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GP Bikes beta6c

Started by PiBoSo, October 31, 2014, 11:56:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOBR6 84

strange thing is with point 3.. cambered left hand turn at hockenheim is perfect!

Sobczak

For me beta6c sucks. Do not fight with time only to the front wheel. The front wheel is still having trouble, no matter if I'm leaning in bends or go straight. Maybe I'm not the best player but I play in GP Bikes alpha version 6 and the game becomes less and less fun to play for me. If anything it will be fixed something else is worse. Until beta3 was reasonably well and drew a lot of fun to drive and then it was just worse.

Docfumi

After being away nine months without a PC and not really having the time to check the GPB forum. I can only say Beta6c
is pretty cool, I love it in fact  ;D

Thanks PiBoSo and Crew
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

Alby46

Quote from: docfumi on January 06, 2015, 02:51:44 AM
After being away nine months without a PC and not really having the time to check the GPB forum. I can only say Beta6c
is pretty cool, I love it in fact  ;D

Thanks PiBoSo and Crew
omg you're back! welcome back m8
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

doubledragoncc

YO DOC welcome back buddy.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

r1rossi

davidboda46

This might already have been talked about but, have there been any tests with the beta6c and the old rider model? Would be an interesting comparison, and i would also show how the different rider models impact the original bikes behaviour (not moded bikes).

Cheers

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

G0G

Quote from: JJS209 on October 31, 2014, 01:27:09 PM
why is it not possible to put out the knee when accelerating with a speed over 180 km/h? there is no way now to put the knee down on high speed turns and the stability of the bike is not cool without a rider who is able balances the forces. (because he is doing nothing... :-\) ((manual rider movement))
THIS!

The skill to get the rider into a 'Marquezian position'. The view down there is doubly hard, as the headstock and fairing cannot be used to navigate, align, gauge or take reference from.. The rider is eccentrically viewing his forward path from 40cms above the tarmac, with ZERO sight of the bike and no view of the edge of the track(a view an upright rider has).
So, the actual view matching the Marquez position is now GONE! Now, its a mash of 'auto' nonsense.  No more trying 'to get my chin on the ground'. 
Better results(in reality) come from being further off the bike(in most corners/depending on camber, surface, wet etc), enabling more of an upright bike. Upright bike = more tire contact area, more grip, more acceleration, less tire wear and better suspension..

If people are willing to learn this view,  shouldn't they get some actual payback for simulating this advantageous phenomenon?

dude

Is there a beta 7 arround the cornor?

Please Piboso think about tuning the physics. There are such amazing mods out there, like Superbike, but it makes no fun for me with the current physics (front wheel discussion).

Iam absolute not able to handle the bike with a x360 controller.
Ive installed beta 4b today and its way way better for me to drive.

I know GP-Bikes is a hardcore sim but please make it not so hard(core) to controll.

dancindigits

Oh seriously, if you crash in real life,there is no RESPAWN !!    This isn't real life I hear you cry ,however, it is supposed to be a serious simulation ,and crashing is crashing .     I actually found the previous beta not particularly satisfactory ,and I refer to the original SUPERBIKE sim,where the rider would have to run to his bike ,pick it up and and then join a track correctly !! Hardcore, but great and very realistic ..Personally I don't want any concessions to realism, and those that  want this ARCADE nonsense should go and play the contemporary Superbike or moto gp games ..Failing that, practice practice, and don't crash !!!

Abigor

Quote from: racer0796 on March 14, 2015, 11:08:00 PM
Oh seriously, if you crash in real life,there is no RESPAWN !!    This isn't real life I hear you cry ,however, it is supposed to be a serious simulation ,and crashing is crashing .     I actually found the previous beta not particularly satisfactory ,and I refer to the original SUPERBIKE sim,where the rider would have to run to his bike ,pick it up and and then join a track correctly !! Hardcore, but great and very realistic ..Personally I don't want any concessions to realism, and those that  want this ARCADE nonsense should go and play the contemporary Superbike or moto gp games ..Failing that, practice practice, and don't crash !!!
Have you ever ride a bike or even a bicycle ? ? ......ok........now tell me about the front wheel.....can you see you front wheel "jumps" in slow corners like that in real life ? ?.....you see it is actually "much easier" to ride a bike in real live then it is in beta 6c.....ohh and yes what about the famous "tank slapper" or "wobbles"......go and watch a full MotoGP race and tell me how many of this "wobbles" you see in one lap and then try to push hard in beta 6c and see how many you get........IT IS NOT THAT HARD TO RIDE A BIKE !! .......Beta 4 was much better

doubledragoncc

Too true Abigor. I cant remember the last time I dropped a bike pulling away from a stand still as in GPB OHH thats because I never had, but in some pits its almost imposible to pull away as you would in real life and thats before you get on the track lol. Wobbles in GPB? no its your imagination lol............I have riden bikes after I have been hit by a car and the frame is bent and still dint get a tank slapper!!!! London dispatch riding can seriously damage your health(1980 to 1987). I know many bikes are bad but some like the new 2015 GSVR are far more stable, is it not possible to reduce the overall wobble so it is more realistic as I find it makes it like a deathrace arcade game lol. No PIBOSO I am not saying GPB is like a game it was a joke about the wobbles.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

I think you'll all find that the bikes with good physics(of which there are a good few now) try Noss's "Honda RC213V 2014" as a good example)) it is just a case of setting the bike up properly and you will solve the wobble problems. Of course the track surface can make a huge difference too, so make sure your also riding on a circuit with a good track surface.  ;)
Unfortunately there are still many Bike Mods that need their physics files sorting out properly to allow for this. That is down to the bike authors to sort out.

Hawk.

BOBR6 84

the latest SBK, STK, SSP bikes are pretty damn good i gotta say.. oDi said they worked on the virtual rider, influence on the handlebars..

Ryanoh4

Beta6c is working fine thanks piboso https://youtu.be/N1VldOypCPw any chance of better demo leathers though :)