• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 02:51:35 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Spa Francorchamps

Started by Napalm Nick, November 21, 2015, 08:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: janaucarre on November 22, 2015, 01:44:51 PM
i forget to make little things so,  now it export,  i hope the last time today.
I noted problem to apply a texture on the road with the white line each sides,  so I applied a texture without and build white line. I hope I use the right format for it (16bits) if no another export will be done.

I prefer to use either 24bits or 32 bits... They give the best colour ranges for your textures.  ;)

Hawk.

janaucarre

upload on mega is running,  i will publish it on the first page and hawk will add it in trackmod database

Hawk

Quote from: janaucarre on November 22, 2015, 02:17:17 PM
upload on mega is running,  i will publishit on the first page and hawk will add it in trackmod database

If you don't mind Janau, I would like to ask you not to publish on first page but to only send me your track download release link...... We are trying to get Mod authors to co-ordinate any MOD releases with database admins so they can publish the release and therefore avoid confusions, mistakes or online server connection issues. I will certainly give you credit as you know in the Track Downloads Database thread..... I hope you understand mate.  ;)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Super Job. And hopefully an NDS version will also come but no rush   :)

Big thanks again everyone esp Janau.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

janaucarre

Hawk is uploading spa and spa NDS
i'll give him right now versions for WRS

Napalm Nick

You are awesome I have already run a few laps and set a best-lap server time.

Last corner seems a LOT better.

With B8 physics this is gonna be 100% awesome.

Thanks for doing it and so fast too, really appreciated  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Thank you for all your work and time Janau... Your a STAR mate!  ;D ;D 8)

Hawk.

h106frp

Is there any way to stop the background from disappearing/re-appearing? I have draw depth on max but still have the curtain effect for the distant trees

Hawk

Quote from: h106frp on November 22, 2015, 06:53:29 PM
Is there any way to stop the background from disappearing/re-appearing? I have draw depth on max but still have the curtain effect for the distant trees

Must admit I didn't notice that at all..... Have you tried changing your bits setting in the graphic settings(Sounds filthy that, doesn't it. Hehe!  ;D )? I use 32 bit all the time.  ;)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on November 22, 2015, 07:02:49 PM
Must admit I didn't notice that at all..... Have you tried changing your bits setting in the graphic settings(Sounds filthy that, doesn't it. Hehe!  ;D )? I use 32 bit all the time.  ;)
@h106frp: what do you mean with "draw depth on max" ?!

The only thing that matters for your problem is the drawdistance in your profile.ini ([gfx] section).
By default is 1000 (1Km), and you see the 'curtain effect'. I have it on 100000 (100Km).

About the track: there's plenty of weirdness about the trackside trees (some alpha channel stuff seems to go wrong, not sure if it's a rtack probem or a GHPB problem).
There're also some wrong texture (trackside tyres with trees textures on the side instead of tyres textures).

h106frp

Quote from: HornetMaX on November 22, 2015, 07:23:13 PM
Quote from: Hawk on November 22, 2015, 07:02:49 PM
@h106frp: what do you mean with "draw depth on max" ?!

The only thing that matters for your problem is the drawdistance in your profile.ini ([gfx] section).
By default is 1000 (1Km), and you see the 'curtain effect'. I have it on 100000 (100Km).

About the track: there's plenty of weirdness about the trackside trees (some alpha channel stuff seems to go wrong, not sure if it's a rtack probem or a GHPB problem).
There're also some wrong texture (trackside tyres with trees textures on the side instead of tyres textures).

Thanks MaX neat tip,
Set it to 10,000 and the distant tree line is fine now - draw distance was the setting i tried in the menus before.

Agree with texture transparency issues, i think some objects might be overlapped as well.

HornetMaX

Quote from: h106frp on November 22, 2015, 08:20:48 PM
Thanks MaX neat tip,
Set it to 10,000 and the distant tree line is fine now - draw distance was the setting i tried in the menus before.
Yeah, but in-game you can only push it to "high", which is 1Km. Probably that's something that should be revised too.

Napalm Nick

All these Spa updates are good for my stats - fastest rider on 4 tracks now  ;D
(no need to say they are all the same  ::))

HornetMaX

November 29, 2015, 07:45:34 PM #28 Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 07:52:25 PM by HornetMaX
Just a detail: the file "Spa-Francorchamps V1.5_NDS_MAP.tga" is weird :) Same for the DS version.

EDIT: just noticed, outside the 1st turn (hairpin) there's some texture flickering on the asphalt.

Napalm Nick

and do you hear the kerb rumble noise from the start line to the 1st corner? very weird.