• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 12:55:39 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

How to access/edit a Base paint scheme?

Started by CapeDoctor, August 21, 2015, 03:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapeDoctor

hi all   ;D
i didn't find any suitable info, quite possibly it's here somewhere and i missed it, lol - as per my title, there are several bikes that i'd like to get stuck into the default/base paint, and so far see no way to access it. anyone know? is it doable? or not? some trick i've missed? or what?   8)

RiccoChicco

You should find the templates, modders usually provide it with the bike.

If not, the "bruteforce" technique is to directly rip the game with an OpenGL ripper to get the texture out of the game to edit it. Unfortunately the harddest part will be to find the name of the original texture to get a .pnt to work.

CapeDoctor

thanks, i'll have a look for any templates - currently wanting to work on the Moto3 KTM, and surely more after that.
:)

Hawk

Have you searched through Klax's bikemod database? He puts all available templates in there.  ;)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

My understanding is the base scheme is part of the bike 3D design and not a file like a .pnt that can be altered. You would probably need the design model files/textures and program from the author to change. But beware even if you do, you could break all the bikes for online play "Bike not known to server" due to file size changes etc?

And changing the design model may not get you on the authors happy list. I mean if you spent months modelling and designing a bike then someone changed the colours to sky blue pink with yellow polka dots and started distributing it about then one day the original author gets a message - "WTF were you thinking! You are a crap designer man".

Hehe none of this may happen of course but I cant help thinking things through and this time my brain came up with this. To be honest I would like to know too for my own tweaks and experiments. Might be just easier to select a paint you made though.  :-X
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

CapeDoctor

August 21, 2015, 06:31:52 PM #5 Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 06:34:54 PM by CapeDoctor
cool, thanks guys - i found the template (actually it's just a single layer psd file, but it'll do) and it's using the Base skin, which i only want to make a few small edits to.
so i won't be altering the base file itself, simply editing it and packing it up as a new pnt file.

@ Nick, i know where you're coming from, mate - on my old flight sim site, we had endless problems of guys mucking up a modder's product and releasing it like that.  ;)

Hawk

Quote from: CapeDoctor on August 21, 2015, 06:31:52 PM
cool, thanks guys - i found the template (actually it's just a single layer psd file, but it'll do) and it's using the Base skin, which i only want to make a few small edits to.
so i won't be altering the base file itself, simply editing it and packing it up as a new pnt file.

@ Nick, i know where you're coming from, mate - on my old flight sim site, we had endless problems of guys mucking up a modder's product and releasing it like that.  ;)

Yes. I also can not understand why almost all the modbike paint templates come in a single layer .psd format myself(probably the same guy on the mod team creating them?); it just makes painting templates that much more of a problem, but each to their own I guess.  :-X  :)

Hawk.