• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 11:03:25 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Server window chat

Started by doubledragoncc, August 02, 2016, 09:18:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

@Piboso

Hi Piboso. I was wondering if it is possible to make ALL chat from an online session view able in the server window.  I ask this as when running all 3 servers I can write important info for those using the server when needed but I can not see if there is any problem unless I go onto the servers myself. This is fine if you only have one server but to really keep up on what is going on in online sessions is a pain with 3 servers. It means I have to open my GPB, pick the bike and then go onto the online session find out if all is ok or if the guys have any issues or wishes. Then to join another I need to close my GPB open it again chose another bike and then join and the same each time as most times if you swap bikes and join a session GPB core crashes. All in all it is a pain.

My reason is it allows me to keep an eye on my servers performance, know if a track or bike has issues and generally keep in touch with the guys on the servers.

Is this already possible through a certain command for the server or can you make it possible for the future for us server hosts?

Thanks for any help on this

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

teeds

August 02, 2016, 09:42:30 AM #1 Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 09:44:30 AM by teeds
+1  asked for this on MXB too.

http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=719.0

PiBoSo

Quote from: doubledragoncc on August 02, 2016, 09:18:55 AM
@Piboso

Hi Piboso. I was wondering if it is possible to make ALL chat from an online session view able in the server window.  I ask this as when running all 3 servers I can write important info for those using the server when needed but I can not see if there is any problem unless I go onto the servers myself. This is fine if you only have one server but to really keep up on what is going on in online sessions is a pain with 3 servers. It means I have to open my GPB, pick the bike and then go onto the online session find out if all is ok or if the guys have any issues or wishes. Then to join another I need to close my GPB open it again chose another bike and then join and the same each time as most times if you swap bikes and join a session GPB core crashes. All in all it is a pain.

My reason is it allows me to keep an eye on my servers performance, know if a track or bike has issues and generally keep in touch with the guys on the servers.

Is this already possible through a certain command for the server or can you make it possible for the future for us server hosts?

Thanks for any help on this

DD

It's not possible at the moment.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

matty0l215

Don't you have access to the chat log on your main server or is it all peer to peer?
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

doubledragoncc

Hi Matty, not sure as I can only type in the server window and not sure if I could edit the dedicated ini but I want real time chat in the window but Piboso did say it is not possible.

Thank you Piboso for the reply.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

matty0l215

Sorry DD that was meant for Piboso :P

@Piboso- I might be wrong but haven't you refrenced (on the forum) what was said on a server in the past? Surley the text data is stored somwhere while the server is active (players online) as you can read what has been said recently.

doubledragoncc

Ah ok m8

Looking in the server folder, there is no reference to a file or folder for such in the dedicated ini so I dont think the server saves chat. I is an interesting point though.

DD

PiBoSo

Quote from: matty0l215 on August 02, 2016, 10:21:05 AM
Don't you have access to the chat log on your main server or is it all peer to peer?

The server has access to the full chat.

matty0l215

Quote from: PiBoSo on August 02, 2016, 11:41:38 AM

Could that data not be sent to the dedicated client server after the session has expiered? Or is that not allowed?

PiBoSo

Quote from: matty0l215 on August 02, 2016, 11:59:50 AM

Could that data not be sent to the dedicated client server after the session has expiered? Or is that not allowed?

The dedicated server could display and / or save the chat if needed.
It's just not implemented yet.

doubledragoncc

Thanks Piboso, I like the YET bit lol.

For myself I just want there to be a way I can check folks are happy with the servers and there are no problems(bad bandwidth my end for some reason) without having to go on and off all the servers which interrupts riders on the track and is just a pain if I am working.

Look forward to its addition at some point.

DD

matty0l215

Quote from: PiBoSo on August 02, 2016, 01:20:41 PM
Quote from: matty0l215 on August 02, 2016, 11:59:50 AM

The dedicated server could display and / or save the chat if needed.
It's just not implemented yet.

Ah okay :)

If it is an easy thing to impliment. Could you please ;D