• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 08:45:05 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Dirt Rally is awesome!

Started by davidboda46, December 15, 2015, 07:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidboda46

It's the dog's bollocks I tell you. Never felt so connected to the cars (and they all handle very differently) in a game before. Also, when I f-up (and you do a lot), I've never felt so out of control and terrified. It's a difficult game, but a very rewarding one when you manage to string the turns together. I would even dare to say that it is a true "simulator" game... and it's from Codemasters! They have not done anything like this since CMR (1998 version)and TOCA. Try it out.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46 
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

BOBR6 84

Good sounds too.. Especially group B  8)

Alby46

Bought it too. It has been since toca race driver 2 i haven't been enjoying an arcade racing game so much
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

grimm

I'll have to upload some footage I recorded of going full out in the Audi Sport Quattro at Sweet Lamb in the rain, at night.  8)

The lighting, the physics, and the sound, especially with the last update that brought it out of early access and added V2 physics to the Group B cars really brought this rally "sim" into a position I would put it above RBR in terms of immersion. The Pikes Peak hill climb cars are brutal too, been thinking alot lately about taking a shot at replicating "Climb Dance". :)

Only complaint is the bug where cars turn when airborn, outside of that, I can't complain about a single thing for the price of it. Just like GP Bikes, there isn't really anything on the level.

matty0l215

Turns out, Its pretty bloody awesome.

I've got it now and I'm terrible at rally! ;D
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

CapeDoctor

rally driving has to be one of the most hard-core disciplines on four wheels..... makes F1 look like a bunch of pre-schoolers... :D

matty0l215

Quote from: CapeDoctor on December 20, 2015, 01:09:57 PM
rally driving has to be one of the most hard-core disciplines on four wheels..... makes F1 look like a bunch of pre-schoolers... :D

I've owned all the Dirt games up until this one, but this is a much better game. I like the realist feel for WRS on track but im not a huge fan of the off-road part yet (the sprint car is a laugh but not my thing, and I can't wait to see rally cross develop more) So this suits me for me off road 4 wheel hooliganism ;D

-aGy-

the second best rally game. richard burns rally is still the king of the rally and if you play it with ngp physics it is just amazing.

matty0l215

Quote from: -aGy- on December 20, 2015, 05:18:43 PM
the second best rally game. richard burns rally is still the king of the rally and if you play it with ngp physics it is just amazing.

I have got RBR but it's a bit to hard core for me. At least i can play this with a controller. :P

-aGy-

Quote from: matty0l215 on December 20, 2015, 05:21:20 PM

I have got RBR but it's a bit to hard core for me. At least i can play this with a controller. :P

yes it is hardcore sim. thats why i like it. I think arcade games is more difficult because the vehicle does not go logically. but dirt rally is ok rally game (simcade) maybe and no one would have guessed that Codemasters will make the second-best rally game

CapeDoctor

i love RBR, but haven't played it much in the last year - i was well into it, with all the mods, RSCenter stuff, awesome... :D
i meant to ask, as it doesn't ring any bells with me - what is the ngp physics you mention?  ???

-aGy-

Quote from: CapeDoctor on December 21, 2015, 09:42:48 AM

i love RBR, but haven't played it much in the last year - i was well into it, with all the mods, RSCenter stuff, awesome... :D
i meant to ask, as it doesn't ring any bells with me - what is the ngp physics you mention?  ???

next generation physics. overhauled physics proper rwd cars and stuff. here is the website http://www.ly-racing.de/viewtopic.php?t=7878

PeterV

Napalm Nick

Does look ace I must say. 8)
I lost interest in Rally games after everything else that came out after CMR felt 'unrealistic'.
Maybe it is time to try again with this.  I go check the sales....
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Wow! I'm very impressed after seeing that video Peter!  :o 8)

Looks very realistic and you can actually see and feel the weight of the car shifting and balancing through those turns and jumps.... Amazing!  ;D

Shame my steering wheel is busted at the moment.  ::)
I'm going to have to get my steering wheel fixed. That or get a new one as soon as I can....

Hawk.