• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Beta 8 Event 10 | Buzzing | 3 Races/2 days | WINNERS - MEYER12/BLACKHEART

Started by Napalm Nick, April 25, 2016, 07:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMA Clerk of the Course

Some recent times

Also the server is now at 100% race distance which equals 47 laps. Please check your fuel consumption figures. Is it possible?  :-*
I probably won't speak on the server but I am looking out for your safety.

nuovaic

Quote from: doubledragoncc on April 29, 2016, 03:57:04 PM
So if you cut that last corner as much as you can every lap it puts you back a lap or and therefore a different place?

DD

Hmm, just tested and I was wrong, not that corner. I got a missed lap in 10 purposefully going over the lines, but cant find where (in practice no time is shown for that lap, just ----

More testing needed!

doubledragoncc

I try to always stay in between as it is meant to be but guess some like to get faster laps and not care about fairness lol. I will stick to between at least I know myself it is more realistic too.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Grooveski

Oh great, now I feel like a cheater because I avoided downed riders in race 2.  Cheers DD.   ;)

Napalm Nick

Maybe I add these old tyres and bales here  ;D
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Blackheart

If I remember correctly Nick before the race said that the limits of the track were the walls  ;D

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on April 29, 2016, 05:29:24 PM
Maybe I add these old tyres and bales here  ;D

Not a bad idea NIck! Lol  ;D

Lol! I remember when I first cut that corner I expected the  bike to jump up on the kerbing but it just stayed level and smooth! I thought, OH!, now I know why some are going faster! Hehe.  ;D

But no. Cutting the yellow lines should not have any effect on the lap times or lap count.

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Blackheart on April 29, 2016, 05:29:37 PM
If I remember correctly Nick before the race said that the limits of the track were the walls  ;D

Yep I did because I know humans are scum suckers so wanted everyone to feel at ease with it.  ;D

Cutting the first corner behind the red/white kerbing though is just unsportsmanlike and well, saaaaaad.  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Hawk on April 29, 2016, 05:41:49 PM
Not a bad idea NIck! Lol  ;D

Lol! I remember when I first cut that corner I expected the  bike to jump up on the kerbing but it just stayed level and smooth! I thought, OH!, now I know why some are going faster! Hehe.  ;D

But no. Cutting the yellow lines should not have any effect on the lap times or lap count.

Hawk.

Can the gaping surface chasm be closed Hawky? I cant figure out how to do it  :-\ :'(

doubledragoncc

LOL Grooveski, I think avoiding downed bikes and cutting a corner are 2 separate things dude lol.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

Hawk has explained to me that the track mesh is so bad that gap cannot be closed without remaking the whole track surface which is a big job and requires track maker skills.

Don't worry about staying in between the yellow lines but I have added new obstacles at the two hairpins to prevent unsportsmanlike cutting.

So we will just run it Sunday and hope for the best. Its a fun event, try to have some. ;D 

doubledragoncc

So when do we get the new track with obstacles?

DD

Napalm Nick

April 29, 2016, 07:43:33 PM #132 Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 07:46:12 PM by Napalm Nick
Hawk is adding it to the DB version and will let us know when it is ready

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on April 29, 2016, 07:30:25 PM
So when do we get the new track with obstacles?

DD

Yeah, sorry guys, if it was just a case of closing that gap and re-exporting then it wouldn't be a problem, but I'm having to work from the original 3D source files which are in a terrible state and would require many full days of dedicated work to repair and put things right before export. It would be better to just start afresh and rebuild the circuit from scratch and I just haven't got the time available to do that as I'm involved in so many other projects right now, but maybe in the future unless someone else wants to do it as a track project?  :)

@DD:
The new track with the obstacle files will be available within half an hour.... I'll make the usual announcement via the "Track Downloads" forum thread.  ;)

You beat me to it Nick.... Your typing speed is definitely improving! Hehe!  ;D

Hawk.

Boerenlater

I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)