World Racing Series beta14 available:
( download mirrors would be extremely helpful and welcome )
- a clean installation is strongly recommended ( especially for this release, because the controls settings file format has been changed )
- since World Racing Series is a 64 bit only application the default installation folder has been changed to "Program Files"
- replays are not compatible with the previous versions
- the mods folder setting has been moved to the file "wrs.ini": https://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=3.msg97771#msg97771
- please note that the Beta14 master server is on port 54301
- the collisions parameters have been tuned
- the terrain rendering has been optimized for better performances
- now only the cast votes count for a poll result
- "Max Power" in the "Car Info" page has been changed from kW to HP ( please note that modders still have to use kW in the INI file, though )
- the physics data of all the car mods should be updated because now each suspension component ( axle, spindle, upper and lower arm ) has its own mass and inertia
- the "engine_displacement" info in each car INI file is no longer supposed to be in CC. Therefore, the proper unit should be added to the line
- the data shown in physics debug mode ( https://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=2314.0 ) is now more user-friendly.
- it is now possible to add custom track layout objects
- the limit of 100 track layout objects has been removed
- a "plastic" material has been added for the walls
- the "plastic" material can now also be used for the track layout objects
- for an example of how the track timer and standings work, please check the MX Bikes example track: http://www.mx-bikes.com/downloads/mxb_track_example.zip
- the "shadow" and "ambientshadow" models no longer need to be set in the "cockpit" section of the gfx.cfg file of the cars
Thanks, PiBoSo, and crew. So nothing really was done in the way of car physics?
No. No physics updates. Some tire collision updates from mxb have probably been carried over. The suspension is still broken though.
Quote from: Docfumi on May 11, 2019, 02:34:59 AMThanks, PiBoSo, and crew. So nothing really was done in the way of car physics?
The tyre collisions have been improved.
Unfortunately there are no other physics changes.
The new suspensions simulation code is still giving handling problems and more testing is needed to identify and solve the issue.
Release notes updated.
Downloading and uploading
Quote from: SwarleyRuiz on May 13, 2019, 07:55:26 AMThanks Piboso!
Downloading and uploading
The registration of all cars has been updated, to allow stats to be recorded:
Hey! I installed the new update and now when I try to check the online servers it says that I need to register, I have already done this, I retried, and as expected It said i've already registered, How can i fix this?
Quote from: maxxis21 on November 04, 2019, 09:03:19 PMHey! I installed the new update and now when I try to check the online servers it says that I need to register, I have already done this, I retried, and as expected It said i've already registered, How can i fix this?
You have a new PM.