Release version 0.2
!!! Download Link !!! https://mega.nz/#!8XgX1YaQ!WU-a7rHiRDKiBr_4Yc_pMwOzFdGq7wcpaqtCItCsyR0
A very early version, that I'm fiddling with, still various changes to make.
Purely a visual update at the minute, has most of the cones and bales of the real version, altering the layout.
OBJ folder is mostly the same as what is required for some tracks made by Javiliyors, however there are a few changes, so THIS version is needed. (Other tracks aren't affected).
Only change is that the hay bales, now have a collide-able hit-box, meaning you can no longer clip through them, and hitting them will bring you off.
I elected to do this as the plastic barriers, are a little unsightly, and aren't used at the real course.
However I still needed something to give a penalty for short cutting, and this was the best, most realistic option both visually and in terms of recreating the course.
1. Blue cones in pit lane are where the speed limit will start and end.
2. The orange cones at pit exit denote a practice start area.
3. There are 2 optional pit entries, one on the exit of 130r, and one exiting out of the final corner. I elected to do this as while the 130R one is the realistic one, it can be a bit fiddly with GP Bikes' current low speed handling model, and as a result I left the other one in. Both are denoted by single orange cones on either side, and its up to any event organiser which one is going to be used.
1. The course has static Marshals around the course, although their positions will be changed in a later release.
2. There is now an accurate chicane on the right sweeper after the hairpin (200R)
3. The last chicane (The 'Hitachi Automotive Systems Chicane) has been changed to utilise the motorcycle version.
4. The last chicane has cones on corner approach counting down from 4 orange cones to 1 orange cone. These are placed roughly at equal intervals and while are not on the real world course they provide braking markers.
5. The last chicane also has orange cones on the apexes. These again don't exist in the real world (They're bollards IRL but they aren't TrackED objects and I CBA making them LOL). They aid visualising the entry when in first person modes/VR as its blind.
- Not Complete/To Come soon:
1. Flaggers. These were placed however don't seem to appear in game. Currently Investigating.
2. Timing. At the minute this is a pure visual change, and as a result riding the other chicanes counts as a cut track, so the lap counts/timing doesn't work. Currently Creating a new center-line with checkpoints to amend this.
3. Replay Cameras. A new center-line may mean new replay cameras.
4. New Pit-lane params, to accommodate the speed limit areas.
5. New Grid, debating the possibility of a line start down the pit wall as opposed to a standard grid layout, similar to the pic above. Currently how well it can be implemented and if it is indeed possible.
Hope you enjoy, and I will try to keep updating this to get it up to working standards, although if anyone has any advice as I'm fairly new at this sort of thing, feel free to make suggestions.
Updated Link as previous wasn't working
I use look to apex, through the final chicane my view looks where the old chicane was, Still did 2:20 with the 250r though so it's usable. Interesting how the spoon section line changes with the chicane.
Quote from: RIDER on August 15, 2019, 01:29:27 amI use look to apex, through the final chicane my view looks where the old chicane was, Still did 2:20 with the 250r though so it's usable. Interesting how the spoon section line changes with the chicane.
That's because it uses the centreline to know where to look.
Currently doing the centerline update to accommodate this, and that will hopefully make the timing work as well.
Replay cameras may break though I'm not sure
Nice release but it does not count the lap times when using the new chicane at the end.
Quote from: Vini on October 11, 2019, 02:50:33 pmNice release but it does not count the lap times when using the new chicane at the end.
Aware of the bug, was in the original release notes. (point number 2 on the not complete / still to come segment)
I Elected to not bother updating it as Javi is working on a newer version.
Should his version not have the 8 hour layout, or for some unknown reason not be up to scratch, then I'll consider it.
Still fun to ride however.