Follow up to my rant about starting practice polls during session.
Polls are a good thing for the game, as it allows the players to decide what sessions they want to partake in, as well as restart any sessions/races that would have had a 'red flag situation', either by crashes or glitches.
That being said there are a few souls who abuse this to get what they want, and spam the chat with polls when they don't get what they want as other players quite clearly voted 'No'.
As a result I've come up with some solutions to hopefully reduce the amount of spamming that goes on, and allow people to race undisturbed.
1. Limit the ability of each player to 1 poll per-session, that resets after each race session.
2. Provide an option for the server host to override #1, removing users polls completely, or choosing to change the result of a poll, for instance if it will throw a championship schedule off etc
2a) The Server host themselves would have unlimited polls.
3. Make it impossible for anyone who isn't the server host to start a poll in a qualifying session.
4. Make it impossible for anyone who isn't the server host to start a poll in a race session.
5. Make it impossible for anyone who didn't make the race start, (Whether they joined late, are spectating, or just was AFK) to start a poll.
6. If the server is dedicated provide the host with an option to have the power transferred to the first player to join the server.
Those 6 rules/improvements would sort out the poll spamming, whilst still allow the host control over the sessions.
Can't wait for beta 16 :)
Quote from: PiBoSo on August 30, 2019, 09:38:36 AMNot an actual quote, its just to get the dev maestros attention in his notifications :P