• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:30:53 AM

IN GAME POLLS!

Started by Myst1cPrun3, September 01, 2019, 08:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst1cPrun3

September 01, 2019, 08:40:41 PM Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 08:47:57 PM by Myst1cPrun3
Little bit of a rant here concerning the in game session polls. 

Most people play online in GP Bikes in practice sessions, and there are consistent polls to restart practice, and that is perfectly fine by me, as, quite frankly, we could all use more practice.

(Me perhaps more than others LOL)

What really grinds my gears is on the off chance it does get to a race, and people crash/end up at the back, or join mid session, and start polls to do practice again.

A race is happening because on that one chance people want to race. So suck it up and spectate if you want to ride with them later, but for now they want to race.

DON'T GO SPAMMING THE POLL - START PRACTICE BUTTON, and then SPAM CHATTING F2 in the chat, as its downright distracting and puts others off who are actually riding.
Have a little consideration and wait for the race session to finish, and if you're that impatient as to not bother, then come back later.

Oh, and if you're poll fails, it is because PEOPLE VOTED NO.

DON'T SPAM POLLS TO GET WHAT YOU WANT AS AGAIN ITS DISTRACTING AND QUITE CHILDISH.

This is even more of an issue for me riding in VR. A big text box across the screen is not Ideal for seeing where one is going.

Too Long Didn't Read:

If there's a race going on that's not part of an official championship, (A p.u.g so to speak, (Pick Up Game)) then that's because the people there want to RACE.
Do Not start a poll during the race session,  unless its to restart the race as there has been a catastrophe as its disrespectful and distracting to those that want to race.  >:(  >:(  >:(

Rant over, can't wait for the next beta. :)

(Some update suggestions on this in the 'suggestions/wishlist tab')

Hawk

Totally agree with you mate..... Unfortunately it's a sign of the times; a lot of selfish people around with no respect for anyone or anything but their own needs.... Bad parenting mate, that what it is.

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: Hawk on September 01, 2019, 08:52:19 PMTotally agree with you mate..... Unfortunately it's a sign of the times; a lot of selfish people around with no respect for anyone or anything but their own needs.... Bad parenting mate, that what it is.

I don't want to call people out for having bad parents, but it does come from a lack of consideration/respect for others..

Overall there are bigger issues in GP Bikes than someone spamming polls, but it does get a trifle annoying, especially when you're trying to record a 'rare' race, in VR no less, and all you can see, is a Poll - Start Practice text box across the screen XD

Not a good experience for me riding, and I doubt its a very good experience for those watching.

Here's my suggestions thread for potentially fixing it:

https://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=7253.0

Syd

That's a totally qualified Rant ;)

Manu

September 02, 2019, 08:24:51 PM #4 Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 08:33:19 PM by Manu
Polls will be fixed this in the beta16. Only cast votes will be counted.

Currently the not cast votes were considered as negative votes.
It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: Manu on September 02, 2019, 08:24:51 PMPolls will be fixed this in the beta16. Only cast votes will be counted.

That's not quite a fix, as it means if someone starts a poll in a race session, I would have to stop, lose position, and then go again... Its especially awkward in VR, unless its going to be a bind-able button, or an option to set what your default vote will be.

Its ironic the only part I liked about the polls is the thing being removed LOL
Thanks for the clarification however Manu :)

Manu

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on September 02, 2019, 08:51:04 PM
Quote from: Manu on September 02, 2019, 08:24:51 PMPolls will be fixed this in the beta16. Only cast votes will be counted.

That's not quite a fix, as it means if someone starts a poll in a race session, I would have to stop, lose position, and then go again... Its especially awkward in VR, unless its going to be a bind-able button, or an option to set what your default vote will be.

Its ironic the only part I liked about the polls is the thing being removed LOL
Thanks for the clarification however Manu :)

You can currently vote on the track
It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

Myst1cPrun3

I know, but I liked not having to stop and just have the ability for it to be set to No XD, as if i wanted to restart a session, it would mean I would have to stop.
maybe if it standardises to 'No' when someone is on track that would be beneficial