• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Analysis Software

Started by Drama, September 04, 2019, 01:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drama

I've recently purchased GPB, though I had very briefly played around with it back in like 2009.  One thing I would like to do is integrate my data and suspension analysis software I have created.  Integrating the data analysis software should be straight forward as I can simply load up the text files generated by the "telemetry" plugin that comes with GPB.  The suspension analysis portion does require shock/fork position data and it appears that the "telemetry" plugin that comes with GPB does not record this parameter.  Is it possible to extract the shock/fork position data?  Below are a few videos showing my software, which is still in development but is far enough along to do most everything I need it to.

Myst1cPrun3

I believe MaxTM does record suspension travel?

In % and m/s

or is that not what you're looking for?

PiBoSo

September 07, 2019, 08:54:47 PM #2 Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 11:58:59 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: Drama on September 04, 2019, 01:05:57 PMI've recently purchased GPB, though I had very briefly played around with it back in like 2009.  One thing I would like to do is integrate my data and suspension analysis software I have created.  Integrating the data analysis software should be straight forward as I can simply load up the text files generated by the "telemetry" plugin that comes with GPB.  The suspension analysis portion does require shock/fork position data and it appears that the "telemetry" plugin that comes with GPB does not record this parameter.  Is it possible to extract the shock/fork position data?  Below are a few videos showing my software, which is still in development but is far enough along to do most everything I need it to.

Please note that the recently released Beta16 build of GP Bikes includes an updated telemetry plugin that adds the suspensions length, the wheels velocity and the internal throttle position to the output CSV file.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Drama

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on September 07, 2019, 11:17:24 AMI believe MaxTM does record suspension travel?

In % and m/s

or is that not what you're looking for?

MaxTM looks like a decent program, definitely recognize the Qt interface haha.  I am however looking for suspension position in a distance unit as well as though it's good to know it records velocity as well.

Quote from: PiBoSo on September 07, 2019, 08:54:47 PM
Quote from: Drama on September 04, 2019, 01:05:57 PMI've recently purchased GPB, though I had very briefly played around with it back in like 2009.  One thing I would like to do is integrate my data and suspension analysis software I have created.  Integrating the data analysis software should be straight forward as I can simply load up the text files generated by the "telemetry" plugin that comes with GPB.  The suspension analysis portion does require shock/fork position data and it appears that the "telemetry" plugin that comes with GPB does not record this parameter.  Is it possible to extract the shock/fork position data?  Below are a few videos showing my software, which is still in development but is far enough along to do most everything I need it to.

Please note that the recently released Beta16 build of GP Bikes includes an updated telemetry plugin that adds the suspensions length, the wheels velocity and the internal throttle position to the output CSV file.

Oh that's great.  I'll have to make sure I have the latest version.  A couple questions:

-Internal Throttle Position:  Am I correct in assuming this the actual throttle applied at the engine? (Post any smoothing/filtering)

-Suspension length: are you referring to shock/fork length or is it the stroke position? (ie: 0mm for topped out and 62mm bottomed for a typical shock)

-Wheel velocity: Is this the velocity vector of the wheel with respect to the sprung mass CoM or is it the magnitude of that velocity with perpendicular to the ground?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Drama on September 09, 2019, 01:14:08 PMOh that's great.  I'll have to make sure I have the latest version.  A couple questions:

-Internal Throttle Position:  Am I correct in assuming this the actual throttle applied at the engine? (Post any smoothing/filtering)

Correct.

Quote-Suspension length: are you referring to shock/fork length or is it the stroke position? (ie: 0mm for topped out and 62mm bottomed for a typical shock)

It is the normalized stroke position ( 0% for fully compressed and 100% for fully extended ).

Quote-Wheel velocity: Is this the velocity vector of the wheel with respect to the sprung mass CoM or is it the magnitude of that velocity with perpendicular to the ground?

It is the angular velocity of the wheel multiplied by the radius.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".