• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:05:24 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Skin Creation - Tutorials

Started by Myst1cPrun3, September 02, 2019, 08:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst1cPrun3

September 02, 2019, 08:30:08 PM Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 02:51:27 PM by Myst1cPrun3
Following some questions from newer community members, I've elected to make a commentated tutorial on how to make skins for GP Bikes, and import them into the game.

Like I've said its commentated so you get my beautifully dull voice to accompany it, however the key steps and any will be in the description, so if your English isn't Great then you can copy - paste the description into a translator of your choice and follow along.

First Video is Tutorial Episode 0, where I give links to all the relevant programs that will be needed when making skins for GPB, or any other Piboso Sim for that matter.

Videos will try to be as concise as possible, however making a skin is not an easy job, and certainly not a quick one, even when you're following a template.
(My MPR 1998 NSR500 skin took about 6 hours, I traced roughly Doohan's Repsol Scheme, and it doesn't even look complicated!)

Things to note,

I am by no means the best at making skins, so be prepared to see some average work at best.

This is by no means the definitve way to create a skin. Nor is it the quickest, and nor does it even utilise the full potential of Paint.net. It is not intended for any of that. It is purely to get even the basic, new beginner who has 0 experience with bike painting to get their custom skin in the game, without buying photoshop or any other program. This is a Purely BEGINNER tutorial, and can give more than adequate results. I hope to have a more advanced tutorial series going live later on in the year.

My voice isn't the easiest to listen to, so be kind with your words, but constructive criticism is always welcome.

GP Bikes Skinning Tutorial #0: Programs and Plugins             Will be up tonight (02/09/2019)

Myst1cPrun3

Episode 0: Installing the programmes

Please Read the Video Description  ;D  ;D  ;D (Copied below)

Episode 0 of my Skin tutorials for GP Bikes:

This episode is only a short one, but focuses on installing and setting up the programs used for painting in Piboso sims.

Disclaimer Please Note: While I like to think I am trustworthy, I am still a stranger sending you files over the internet so please scan the files before you install.

I am not responsible for any damage/loss of data should you click a false download button

Any Questions Leave a comment below and I'll do my best to answer them.

Also, I know my voice isn't the easiest or most exciting to listen to, but please let me know if the commentary helped or if you'd rather it to be a simple follow along tutorial.

Tutorial Steps:

1) Download the Programmes and the photo-shop file plugin.

a)

PaintED - This is a Piboso Made program that allows .tga texture files to be grouped and converted to .pnt files for reading in GP Bikes.

b)

paint.net - This is a free image editing software that is really easy to use, and allows the use of transparent textures, which is a necessity for creating skins.

c)

Photoshop File plugin - This allows paint.net to read and open .psd, and .psb file types. This, while not necessary, is recommended as its only a small file, and most 3rd party mod texture templates come as photo-shop .psd files.

2) Install the programs

3) Install the plugin

LINKS:

- GP Bikes - PaintED:

https://www.gp-bikes.com/?page=downloads

- paint.net

https://www.dotpdn.com/downloads/pdn....

- Photo-Shop Plugin

https://mega.nz/#!dKASBKZQ!34-V7yoBRf...

matty0l215

Nice work Prune.

I have stickied this so it will always be at the top
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Myst1cPrun3

September 02, 2019, 10:38:19 PM #3 Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 03:47:05 PM by Myst1cPrun3 Reason: --UPDATED--
Quote from: matty0l215 on September 02, 2019, 09:36:43 PMNice work Prune.

I have stickied this so it will always be at the top

<3 Thanks Matty.

Saw your thread on Paints and stuff like that, don't mean to compete or undermine it or anything, I just find videos easier and I thought others might as well.
:)

Myst1cPrun3

Episode: 01

This covers getting paints into GP Bikes and basic techniques on how get started in painting skins

Myst1cPrun3

Tutorial number 3 focuses on me starting to paint the bike, and you watch me do the mudguard and explain my thought processes/methods.

Read the Description for an abbreviated text version of the video.;

Myst1cPrun3

Tutorial 4 is focused on making race numbers. To do this I used several techniques, from editing numbers in other skins, to downloading custom fonts and using those.

Myst1cPrun3

Here is the final bike tutorial, where I cover how to get your skin into GP Bikes, and cover uploading it onto the forums for everyone to download and use.

In order for others to be able to view your skin when riding, they must have it installed on their machine, and therefore must be able to download it, making this a rather important, and often overlooked part of the process, especially if you intend to play online and are new to skin creation. It is also why it is worth downloading any and all skins from the forum, even if you do not intend to use them yourself.