• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:25:31 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

GPB screenshots (Unretouched, no editing at all)

Started by HornetMaX, February 14, 2014, 02:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

Just found if I wheelie enough to fall off but so the bike carries on you get great screenshots in replay without rider. LOVE this MOD thanks Jav

Cant wait for all the others later

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Myst1cPrun3

Some M2 testing at Donnington.

Got the new 500s on download so I can't wait to test those, and get a paint scheme going. :)

Myst1cPrun3

July 11, 2019, 08:33:35 PM #377 Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 11:49:58 PM by Myst1cPrun3
Was going to do a paint for one of Javi's new 500s, but I got distracted. :D

Ya gotta love a bit of Garry ;)

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on July 11, 2019, 08:33:35 PMWas going to do a paint for one of Javi's new 500s, but I got distracted. :D

Ya gotta love a bit of Garry ;)

I wish I was old enough to see this live not gonna lie, absolutely bonkers gazza was :o

Myst1cPrun3

Love that fresh paint feeling - New Paint on Javi's GP500s at the Salzburgring:

Myst1cPrun3

Myst1cPrun3

Bit of a test at the 8 Hour layout of Suzuka:

Myst1cPrun3

Myst1cPrun3

Myst1cPrun3

Beta 16b Testing with Demo 4 of Manus MotoGP Mod @ Montmelo classic

Hawk

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on July 11, 2019, 11:49:40 PM

I wish I was old enough to see this live not gonna lie, absolutely bonkers gazza was :o

NICE! ;D  ;D  8)

I beleave this was when riders(particularly Garry Mccoy) discovered what they could do with the new tyres that where introduced at that time.... Previously if riders had done that they would've shredded their rears. Lol!
But maybe now you realise why we oldies wish motoGP would go back to no electronics.... Not all riders have the throttle and weight shift skills to be able to control those kind of slides without electronics, and that's what made the difference between the top riders back in those days... Riders with real excellent rider skills and and those who where just normal good riders, unlike today where cause of the electronics most riders could be up with the front guys if they had the power to stay there; they might as well be on a scalextric track, hence we mostly see them bunched up together...
The differences in rider skills sets have been mostly leveled-out cause of the electronic aids they have these days.... No one particularly special, and if you think a guy like marquez is special then that might just make you realise how special people like Sheene, Roberts, Spencer, Lawson, Shwantz, Rainey, Gardner, ect, etc must have been back in the day when riders where real riders using their raw skills to control their bikes. :P 
Back in the old days it was just magical to see each individuals rider skills and riding styles on display... Today they all seem same, same..... Just a sign of the times and degeneration of the sport these days I guess - (sigh).  ;) :P ;D

Up the revolution.... Bring back the 2T GP500 Category!!  ;D  ;D  ;)

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: Hawk on September 14, 2019, 10:24:41 AM
Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on July 11, 2019, 11:49:40 PM

NICE! ;D  ;D  8)

I beleave this was when riders(particularly Garry Mccoy) discovered what they could do with the new tyres that where introduced at that time.... Previously if riders had done that they would've shredded their rears. Lol!
But maybe now you realise why we oldies wish motoGP would go back to no electronics.... Not all riders have the throttle and weight shift skills to be able to control those kind of slides without electronics, and that's what made the difference between the top riders back in those days... Riders with real excellent rider skills and and those who where just normal good riders, unlike today where cause of the electronics most riders could be up with the front guys if they had the power to stay there; they might as well be on a scalextric track, hence we mostly see them bunched up together...
The differences in rider skills sets have been mostly leveled-out cause of the electronic aids they have these days.... No one particularly special, and if you think a guy like marquez is special then that might just make you realise how special people like Sheene, Roberts, Spencer, Lawson, Shwantz, Rainey, Gardner, ect, etc must have been back in the day when riders where real riders using their raw skills to control their bikes. :P 
Back in the old days it was just magical to see each individuals rider skills and riding styles on display... Today they all seem same, same..... Just a sign of the times and degeneration of the sport these days I guess - (sigh).  ;) :P ;D

Up the revolution.... Bring back the 2T GP500 Category!!  ;D  ;D  ;)

Reccomend you watch the GP Legends Races, or as you're UK Based if I'm not mistaken, the 'Classic Motorcycle Racing Club' have a classic 500gp class I believe. Granted I think its more Nortons than 2 Stokes but to me those are even better. 

On another note I believe the data that was gotten from Good ol Gazza helped tyre development go where it is today, and while I appreciate the talent to do this, as a spectator, its much better to watch a bunched up even race, as anyone could win.

As for no one special, I'd have have said there have been a few that do stand out, but today they have to have electronics knowledge as well as good racing talent.

Marquez, obviously, as he has huge talent, and seems to be able to get that bike to do what he wants, even more than any other honda,
Another one For me is, as wooden as his personality was, is Stoner. He was just something else, and I think we were Robbed not seeing him and Marquez go at it.

adrmelandri

Das Leben ist kein Ponyhof.
Life is not a child's play.
https://adrmeisterwerk.wordpress.com/

adrmelandri

Das Leben ist kein Ponyhof.
Life is not a child's play.
https://adrmeisterwerk.wordpress.com/

Hawk

What is this.... MotoGP or speedway racing? Hehe!  ;D  ;D