• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Oculus Rift flickering in GPB

Started by doubledragoncc, September 18, 2019, 09:20:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

Hi guys,

Not used VR in GPB since I just rebuilt my system. I cant remember if it had flickering before but got some now. Can actually show on video as in headset only.

I am running a custom Asus ROG system with Maximus Code motherboard, Asus 800watt PSU Asus strix RTX 2070 i7 7700 @4.8Ghz 16GB 4000Mhz Ram and SSD drives. I have a USB3 Hub that is made for VR and know I have no power problems or drop off for USB for the VR.

In VR my FPS never drops below 90 and have plenty of resorces left.

Might be my setting but tried everything and it might just be normal and I forgot DOH

Any help would be cool

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

teeds

Is the flickering in all games or just GPB?

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: teeds on September 18, 2019, 11:03:53 AMIs the flickering in all games or just GPB?
I have loads of flickering and it's just in GP Bikes.
Every other game works fine.
What I will say for mine is that it is reflected in the display mirror, and thus can be seen in vids.
I will also say, that during these, episodes, it fps ALWAYS drops to 22, or  40, exactly. These numbers exactly.

I've done all the Windows optimisation and fiddled with oculus home and stuff like that, and I've got no avail. For me it started mainly when I did the forced update to oculus home, was OK before. However javis Donnington was still unusable before this. Even more so now.

Here is a link to my thread on it, piboso has updated to the latest Oculus SDK in response but its still not been fixed
Good to see its not just me, but rather not see it at all

https://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=6867.0

Myst1cPrun3

kevinmk7

i don't think we can run that now since last update , have been trying for a few months

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: kevinmk7 on September 19, 2019, 03:39:44 AMi don't think we can run that now since last update , have been trying for a few months

I am able to run it w/no issues

doubledragoncc

No flickering in other games so it seems it is GPB. Still great to ride with just dont help lol

Will try the abouve and get back with results.

My flicker is not shown in mirror

Thanks for the help guys

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: doubledragoncc on September 19, 2019, 06:42:31 AMNo flickering in other games so it seems it is GPB. Still great to ride with just dont help lol

Same. Other games work great. Just GPB

Quote from: doubledragoncc on September 19, 2019, 06:42:31 AMWill try the abouve and get back with results.

Doesn't seem to get rid of it entirely but it does it less if that makes sense.

Quote from: doubledragoncc on September 19, 2019, 06:42:31 AMMy flicker is not shown in mirror

Thanks for the help guys

DD

Mine does flicker in the window, so we may have 2 different issues.

I'd recommend trying Javiliyors Jerez and letting me know the results. If it flickers at t2, and the hairpin at the end of th straight, then I should expect it to be asimilar issue

doubledragoncc

Okay so not been happy bunny and decided to reset all windows graphics setings in NVidea and hey presto.........better

Need to try a few things to get quality better but flickering far less

DD