• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

HELP: GP Bikes Dedicated Server Hosting

Started by Myst1cPrun3, September 07, 2019, 08:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teeds

You'll need the tyre files or the client joining will crash last time I had this. Pretty sure you don't need any rider files on a dedi server, I've never loaded any.

doubledragoncc

You need rider files for paints and manu models and helmates I would think.

I just link my server to my gpbikes mod folder so I have ONE set of mods for server and game if on same PC
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: doubledragoncc on October 08, 2019, 07:16:08 AMYou need rider files for paints and manu models and helmates I would think.

I just link my server to my gpbikes mod folder so I have ONE set of mods for server and game if on same PC

I am attempting to use my second pc for it, as using 1 pc seemed to not work very well. Can get the server going, and it appears on the stats website, but not in the sim
Hence wondering if I'd need tyres or not (file is quite large so I didn't bother) .
Paints shouldn't make a difference as I don't use that pc to ride on anymore, but riders maybe a little necessary that I've overlooked

teeds

I can confirm 100% that you do not need any riders or paints on your dedi sever  ;)

doubledragoncc

Good to know thanks Teeds.

I could do with someone who has a stable server sharing their dedicated ini if possible?

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Myst1cPrun3

There is a template for a dedicated.ini in the 'documentation' area.
Needs filling in but it's pretty self explanatory, just a copy paste and apply values

Myst1cPrun3

It seems you also need the tyre and rider folders to load into a dedicated server. Got it up and running nicely now. Will upload a copy of my dedicated.ini if you still want it DD?

doubledragoncc

Thanks MPR

I found I needed all files but maybe changed in b16 will have to test

DD

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: doubledragoncc on October 08, 2019, 08:43:44 PMThanks MPR

I found I needed all files but maybe changed in b16 will have to test

DD

Can confirm all files are needed. Got the tyres, riders and stands over and works like a charm. Dont need paints tho I dont think as thats client side

teeds

You just need all that comes with the bikes, I have 2 servers running right now (on a separate pc) and they do not have any rider or paint files loaded. Doesn't sound like you guys are running true dedi servers, maybe you host on the same pc that you play on?

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: teeds on October 09, 2019, 11:45:32 AMYou just need all that comes with the bikes, I have 2 servers running right now (on a separate pc) and they do not have any rider or paint files loaded. Doesn't sound like you guys are running true dedi servers, maybe you host on the same pc that you play on?

Nope different PC to one I play on. Only issue was tyre folders it seemed, but I had space so installed it all to be safe