• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Race Weekend: Scarborough Gold Cup

Started by Myst1cPrun3, October 01, 2019, 10:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meyer#12

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on October 27, 2019, 06:12:40 PMI can get some :)

I'm pretty sure i had a little airtime at least, would be cool to see how it looks compared to when the BSB guys fly over Cadwell Park ;)
Meyer#12

nuovaic

Well there's a thought for a future race Meyer!
There are loads of photos of the recent real gold cup, some ace ones at Jeffries jumps (I took a few) but I think we have a better landing of the jump nose first, so they won't really match. Be good to see them though.
Thanks for pictures Mystic

Meyer#12

Quote from: nuovaic on October 27, 2019, 07:06:42 PMWell there's a thought for a future race Meyer!
There are loads of photos of the recent real gold cup, some ace ones at Jeffries jumps (I took a few) but I think we have a better landing of the jump nose first, so they won't really match. Be good to see them though.
Thanks for pictures Mystic

What i felt was that if i could land slightly on the rear first over the jump, i had slightly less wobble, landing both wheels same time was instant wobble crash and front a tad before rear was managable in some cases.
Acc. Harder just before jump and acc. while in the air helped me a lot on the landings.
Meyer#12

Syd

For me, doing what you do, was usually going to end in a terminal wobble. I guess different bike, setup, style etc. Oh and angle of attack of course! I always aimed for as upright as possible, but not never seemed to manage it. Full throttle  till just before the lip then ease off, nose first and full throttle on landing was the safest bet for me, if not the fastest.
What a fantastic track for GP Bikes though. Amazing and accurate detail and I feel the bike's behaviour mimics real life pretty well. Grooveski did a great job here.
As the 600cc actual track record is 1m45.682s, what was your best lap Meyer? Did I see a 1m44 or even less?

Meyer#12

yeah i think setup and angle you hit is very important! Didn't change setup too much though.

Yeah pretty accurate! Managed a 1.45,2 but 1.44 was on the cards, just didn't get a good lap in after my 1.45,2. 1.44,7 was my ideal and sure with more laps 1.44-low would be possible :)
Meyer#12

Gzehoo

Gzehoo vs Myst1cPrun3 on last 3 laps.

I felt great pressure to keep 2nd place, but I'm excited of this race.

Syd

Good riding from both there, well done Gzehoo, kept it strong under pressure from Mystik. Thanks for sharing.

Syd

Quote from: Meyer#12 on October 27, 2019, 08:30:22 PMyeah i think setup and angle you hit is very important! Didn't change setup too much though.

Yeah pretty accurate! Managed a 1.45,2 but 1.44 was on the cards, just didn't get a good lap in after my 1.45,2. 1.44,7 was my ideal and sure with more laps 1.44-low would be possible :)

You know you can race your moto3 here. I look forward to seeing you at Scarborough next year, think you will do well!.

Meyer#12

October 27, 2019, 09:59:12 PM #53 Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 05:46:05 AM by Meyer#12
Quote from: Syd on October 27, 2019, 09:52:31 PM
Quote from: Meyer#12 on October 27, 2019, 08:30:22 PMyeah i think setup and angle you hit is very important! Didn't change setup too much though.

You know you can race your moto3 here. I look forward to seeing you at Scarborough next year, think you will do well!.

My teammate was the first Swedish rider there. Anders Richnau on a yellow, black and silver Honda RS125. So there is a possibility but it's very expensive coming from Denmark to the race there
Meyer#12

Myst1cPrun3

Following Some questions I got some 'Air' Shots for yous:

Gzehoo

Sydney

matty0l215

Meyer#12

Myst1cPrun3 (Me)

me, (Myst1cPrun3 @ Rear) catching air while I wait for Gzehoo (Fore) to have what promised to be a rather large accident

I can get more from other angles if needed.

Meyer#12

Meyer#12

Myst1cPrun3

Here is my Virtual Reality POV of the race and some highlights.

Syd

Brilliant Mate! Thanks very much for putting that together.

Myst1cPrun3